Reality

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The G Train Legacy
Club Player

Re: Reality

SaintPav wrote: Mon 07 Aug 2023 4:59pm
The G Train Legacy wrote: Mon 07 Aug 2023 4:03pm
SaintPav wrote: Sun 06 Aug 2023 10:53pm
Yorkeys wrote: Sun 06 Aug 2023 10:49pm If we are guessing: Gresham, Howard and Crouch. Or Membrey.
Gresham
Howard
Membrey

Makes sense.

Targets

McKay
Dow
Henry
We'd be insane to let go Howard and replace him with McKay. McKay will come overpriced, is overrated and can't really defend. Dow and Henry I like the idea of.
You may be right. I wasn’t really advocating for recruiting BM.

Should we chase Matt Crouch? I don’t think we should.
No way, same type of mid as his brother and not as good.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I managed to get these for a few of the posters on here..you know how you are :)

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

When it comes to Ross Lyon coached teams it's always the players fault

FvCK Off.... seriously....I wouldn't mind if the guy just didn't pretend like he's perfect or infallible.

Telling the coaches in the coaches box ( in the audio blunder preseason that 'he can't get anywhere with this team')...or the crap he dished out after the Gold Coast match where he basically wrote off the entire list (I can't help them until preseason - I need new players) is how you lose your players

You know why no one asked Ross what he said to the players at 3/4 time? Because all the journos know he would have fed them bs.

That's the thing. What did he say? Why didn't they respond? Is Steele not worthy of his All Australian? Is Crouch not worthy of the talent and effort we saw for the game against Hawthorn and for the first three quarters of the game yesterday?

B.M
Saintsational Legend

We make 1 more list management clusterf***! Like 2009 and the Chris Pelchen shambles I will be done

Ross isn’t bigger than the club

The mistakes he made at the end of 09 wrt list changes were what tore the fabric that had built for a decade apart!

2011 was the beginning of the end and the club suffered for years due to the mistakes made wrt list management and development during his initial reign

He left us in dire straits after being the best list in the land for nearly a decade

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Wow the knives have obviously been sharpened for some months.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Mon 07 Aug 2023 5:48pm When it comes to Ross Lyon coached teams it's always the players fault

FvCK Off.... seriously....I wouldn't mind if the guy just didn't pretend like he's perfect or infallible.

Telling the coaches in the coaches box ( in the audio blunder preseason that 'he can't get anywhere with this team')...or the crap he dished out after the Gold Coast match where he basically wrote off the entire list (I can't help them until preseason - I need new players) is how you lose your players

You know why no one asked Ross what he said to the players at 3/4 time? Because all the journos know he would have fed them bs.

That's the thing. What did he say? Why didn't they respond? Is Steele not worthy of his All Australian? Is Crouch not worthy of the talent and effort we saw for the game against Hawthorn and for the first three quarters of the game yesterday?
Well said. No point in sticking ones head in the sand...needs to be said. That was unacceptable s*** and someone needs to be held accountable.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote: Mon 07 Aug 2023 5:00pm
n1ck wrote: Mon 07 Aug 2023 3:45pm
saynta wrote: Mon 07 Aug 2023 2:15pm Really ?And while we are in the mood to knock our coaches, I am not sold on RTB as a head coach .One should never forget that he lost four premiership matches including an unloseable one against the cats.
Unloseable? That Geelong team is one of the greatest of all time? On what planet was that game UNLOSEABLE?
I remember talking to Ross the next day. I still remember his words. “ I can prepare and coach them to my upmost but I’m not the one who has to kick the ball between those two big sticks” We never lost that game because of him.
🎼🎶 Teamwork is the thing that talks🎼🎶

🎼🎶 All for one and one for all 🎼🎶

Except when it comes to Ross and his players

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote: Mon 07 Aug 2023 5:54pm Wow the knives have obviously been sharpened for some months.
Well, they need to have been. That s*** after half time was completely unacceptable as is the f****** defensive game plan.

The G Train Legacy
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Mon 07 Aug 2023 5:19pm 2021 and 2022 were a fail. We bit the bullet and at the end of both seasons we decided to use all our picks on young kids at the National Draft

That was the perfect opportunity to say to members at the end of last year... after Jordan De Goey signed with Collingwood... that we WILL Go Into Full Rebuild mould.

But NOOOOOOOOO! We are St Kilda. We say to Members that we've all a sudden had a brain fart, and he's what we've come up with.

Now..here we are... nearly 12 months later and the results of 2022 might be pretty much replicated in 2023. What have we learnt?

Are we going to eventually bite the bullet? Or...Get set for Lyon and Lethlean trying to save their careers in the next 2 years the way Ratten tried.

Instead of recruiting kids exclusively over the next 2 drafts I reckon they'll be topping up with the discards from other clubs

We had a coach who had shown good signs with our youth and some excellent growth with many players development and even guys from other clubs flourishing under him. We knew he needed better support with a great Football Administrator in Geoff Walsh and we knew he needed better support with a new team of assistant coaches.

We nearly got it right. Now though they're stuffed because there's personal reputations on the line. The club's long term prospects again will be secondary to the needs and desires of a few select people.
You conveniently forget a glaring detail. Ratten didn't have the injuries that Lyon has had to contend with. Particularly King & Membrey and now Jones and Howard are out. He had King, Membrey and Marshall forward of the ball with Ryder in the Ruck. How many games did Paddy win us last year?

Lyon has had teenagers, some playing out of position, who have had 2.1 and 1 incomplete pre-season and less than 20 games between them.

We have been competitive with all the top sides and have only been completely out of a game twice for the entire season, against Adelaide and Gold Coast. How well did we compete against the top teams last year, how many non competitive smashings were we on the end of?

Your bed wetting narrative is light on substance.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote: Mon 07 Aug 2023 5:54pm Wow the knives have obviously been sharpened for some months.
It'd be ok if Teflon and co. accept that losses are inevitable and they are whole of club and while of team issue and the coaching group is also accountable ...but they never do that. NEVER

Instead of some balance and questions asked about coaching and game day strategies or the game plan in general it turns into the fanboys getting all defensive and closing ranks around 1 bloke

THE fanboys just want to apportion blame to a handful of players

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

The G Train Legacy wrote: Mon 07 Aug 2023 6:04pm
Scollop wrote: Mon 07 Aug 2023 5:19pm 2021 and 2022 were a fail. We bit the bullet and at the end of both seasons we decided to use all our picks on young kids at the National Draft

That was the perfect opportunity to say to members at the end of last year... after Jordan De Goey signed with Collingwood... that we WILL Go Into Full Rebuild mould.

But NOOOOOOOOO! We are St Kilda. We say to Members that we've all a sudden had a brain fart, and he's what we've come up with.

Now..here we are... nearly 12 months later and the results of 2022 might be pretty much replicated in 2023. What have we learnt?

Are we going to eventually bite the bullet? Or...Get set for Lyon and Lethlean trying to save their careers in the next 2 years the way Ratten tried.

Instead of recruiting kids exclusively over the next 2 drafts I reckon they'll be topping up with the discards from other clubs

We had a coach who had shown good signs with our youth and some excellent growth with many players development and even guys from other clubs flourishing under him. We knew he needed better support with a great Football Administrator in Geoff Walsh and we knew he needed better support with a new team of assistant coaches.

We nearly got it right. Now though they're stuffed because there's personal reputations on the line. The club's long term prospects again will be secondary to the needs and desires of a few select people.
You conveniently forget a glaring detail. Ratten didn't have the injuries that Lyon has had to contend with. Particularly King & Membrey and now Jones and Howard are out. He had King, Membrey and Marshall forward of the ball with Ryder in the Ruck. How many games did Paddy win us last year?

Lyon has had teenagers, some playing out of position, who have had 2.1 and 1 incomplete pre-season and less than 20 games between them.

We have been competitive with all the top sides and have only been completely out of a game twice for the entire season, against Adelaide and Gold Coast. How well did we compete against the top teams last year, how many non competitive smashings were we on the end of?

We had just as many injuries last year

I can list all the players and all the games they missed last year and ...You can too...

So fvck you...Why don't you before you post bs
Last edited by Scollop on Mon 07 Aug 2023 6:12pm, edited 1 time in total.

The G Train Legacy
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Mon 07 Aug 2023 5:56pm
saynta wrote: Mon 07 Aug 2023 2:15pm Really ?And while we are in the mood to knock our coaches, I am not sold on RTB as a head coach .One should never forget that he lost four premiership matches including an unloseable one against the cats.
Unloseable? That Geelong team is one of the greatest of all time? On what planet was that game UNLOSEABLE?
I remember talking to Ross the next day. I still remember his words. “ I can prepare and coach them to my upmost but I’m not the one who has to kick the ball between those two big sticks” We never lost that game because of him.

Have you ever watched the 2009 GF?

What was our inside 50 dominance in the first half? Did Lyon miss the shots on goal? Did Lyon kick it into the man on the mark kicking in after a point?

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

The G Train Legacy wrote: Mon 07 Aug 2023 6:12pm
Scollop wrote: Mon 07 Aug 2023 5:56pm

Have you ever watched the 2009 GF?

What was our inside 50 dominance in the first half? Did Lyon miss the shots on goal? Did Lyon kick it into the man on the mark kicking in after a point?
Games don't finish at half time or three quarter time if you hadn't noticed genius

The game plan sucked. The team selection sucked
Leaving Ball on the bench in the last sucked...want me to go on

I can fvcken play this game all day and all night
Last edited by Scollop on Mon 07 Aug 2023 6:15pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Mon 07 Aug 2023 6:07pm
It'd be ok if Teflon and co. accept that losses are inevitable and they are whole of club and while of team issue and the coaching group is also accountable ...but they never do that. NEVER

Instead of some balance and questions asked about coaching and game day strategies or the game plan in general it turns into the fanboys getting all defensive and closing ranks around 1 bloke

Do you actually read what you've written before you post it?
To me your posts about Lyon are exactly what you're complaining about - no perspective just invective.
And have seemingly been so since he was appointed (despite your protestations).

I have no problem with you taking that position but please don't pretend that you're being fair-minded, and impartial on the subject.
Deep down, even if you won't publicly admit it, you'd probably be happy for this to fail so your position on Lyon would be confirmed (like may others who post on this forum)

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote: Mon 07 Aug 2023 6:14pm

To me your posts about Lyon are exactly what you're complaining about - no perspective just invective.

I have no problem with you taking that position but please don't pretend that you're being fair-minded, and impartial on the subject.
Deep down, even if you won't publicly admit it, you'd probably be happy for this to fail so your position on Lyon would be confirmed (like may others who post on this forum)
Are you a fvcken lunatic

I've supported this club for 50 years. I've lost my voice at the games (FMD I can't begin to count how many times) I've bought multiple memberships for more than 25 years... And you think I want him to fail

JFC...

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

How long before the club starts it's false promises campaign for season 2024, to try and ensure it's members financially jump back on the Saints rollercoaster for another year ?

It's too bad FQF doesn't mean "there's always next year", it's seems more apt as a slogan.

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Comical isn’t it?
Lyon **** the club
I hate Ross
Ross stole my first born…
Thank **** the club have a little more nous than the SS chicken little brigade
I mean how stupid?
I hate Ross so let’s just pile last 10 years of shyte on him ???
Our MOST successful coach outside Jeans in history?
Bizarre

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote: Mon 07 Aug 2023 6:20pm How long before the club starts it's false promises campaign for season 2024, to try and ensure it's members financially jump back on the Saints rollercoaster for another year ?

It's too bad FQF doesn't mean "there's always next year", it's seems more apt as a slogan.
You mean like last 3 years under Brett or the 6 before under Richo ???
What ya after Bob ? A guarantee?

“Yeah….nah””
The G Train Legacy
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Mon 07 Aug 2023 6:09pm
The G Train Legacy wrote: Mon 07 Aug 2023 6:04pm

We had just as many injuries last year

I can list all the players and all the games they missed last year and ...You can too...

So fvck you...Why don't you before you post bs
And just like the passive aggressive bed wetter that you are, you lose it when challenged. You're making the bulls*** assertion, why don't you back it up with facts.

On what metric could you argue that Ratten had the injury problems Lyon has? As far as I recall we hit Round 1 last year with everyone available except Billings and Clark (oh and Hannabery). We lost Steele for about 4 weeks mid season, Howard for about the same in mid season and DMac who Lyon hasn't had available to him.

This year we hit Round 1 decimated. King and Membrey no pre-season at all. Billings and Jones no pre-season.

You make things up about Lyon and Lethlean; our upcoming draft strategy and Geoff Walsh helping Ratten to Coach better out of thin air. And then you declare that I post bulls***!

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Mon 07 Aug 2023 6:18pm

Are you a fvcken lunatic

I've supported this club for 50 years. I've lost my voice at the games (FMD I can't begin to count how many times) I've bought multiple memberships for more than 25 years... And you think I want him to fail

JFC...
Time for a bex Scollop
You don’t like the coach - I’m not convinced secretly that you wouldn’t be wrapped if they sacked him tomorrow
You’ve lost all objectivity on the topic
You think I’m a Lyon apologist?
I think he’s a pr!ck
But right now the best pr!ck getting around
I think these soft butter cup senior players have had 9 years of Richo/Ratts cuddles
They need a shake up
You need a pr!ck to do that and Lyon just happens to know a little about footy
Even good ole GT shut up after he was appointed - why?????
Cause he knows he’s the best available for this club
Suggest you read Mason Woods comments on the improved standards expected of EVERY player since Lyon took over , how he leaves no stone unturned (even guys in rehab) to make sure you’re following a program and improving
THATS what I follow - not the individual
You and your band of merry haters are blind to the big picture
The club needs a re set - not more **** cuddly idiots
Hate does that to people

“Yeah….nah””
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

The G Train Legacy wrote: Mon 07 Aug 2023 6:30pm
On what metric could you argue that Ratten had the injury problems Lyon has?
If you have early onset dementia or some sort of undiagnosed Alzheimer's, I'm sorry I can't help you

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Mon 07 Aug 2023 6:36pm
If you have early onset dementia or some sort of undiagnosed Alzheimer's, I'm sorry I can't help you
You just look silly now
Tell me how many games King and Membrey played last year to this year for a start……???

“Yeah….nah””
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Mon 07 Aug 2023 6:18pm

Are you a fvcken lunatic

JFC...
No need to throw a hysterical tanty.
SydneySainter did that yesterday and one hysterical tanty was too many for this forum (IMHO)

I might humbly suggest that I've done all of those things you've done as well, but for over 60 years.

You come off as unhinged every time things don't go the way you want them to.
So yes, I'd not be surprised if deep down you'd be happy for him to fail. That's how I've read your contributions on here about the Coach since he was appointed.

The G Train Legacy
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Mon 07 Aug 2023 6:36pm
Your reply is sheer arse clownery. Go on, answer Teflon's subsequent question.
Last edited by The G Train Legacy on Mon 07 Aug 2023 6:44pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Scollop and saynta ..you guys are becoming very aggressive towards your fellow supporters
We get it. You don’t like the coach but it’s the coach we have , so instead of abusing those that would like to give the bloke a chance,chill and enjoy the ride
For the record I equally apportion the blame across the board after every loss but sometimes we are simply beaten by a better side and accept it .
Looking forward to the draft and our coaching staff steering them in the right direction