Umpire Chamberpot 💩 🚽

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Umpire Chamberpot 💩 🚽

Seriously, is that guy a Scumbaggers fan? He just stitched up Melbourne tonight, after screwing us last weekend. Thankfully, we don’t have him umpiring our game tomorrow.

Also, was Petracca’s shot on goal touched? I didn’t think so.

The AFL should be embarrassed that their score review couldn’t determine whether it was or not. No doubt when this occurs in a GF, St.Kilda will be the team on the wrong end of their dumb outcome :roll:

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

Re: Umpire Chamberpot 💩 🚽

I thought it was touched because the goal umpire was right on the spot and had an uninterrupted view.

Then I remembered Jeremy Cameron's two goals from last night; the one where he pulled in a mark over the kid selling Pies in row G, level one and the other from a hand pass he received from the bar behind level one in the last quarter.

Based on that, the Demons were robbed.

Saint supporter since '62
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Gawn held onto multiple times in the last

Acres handed the footy to Cripps with one hand while he was tackled. Cripps dropped the footy - incorrect disposal

Van Rooyen was tripped. Right in front of the umpire

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Hard to be happy for navy blue filth supporters the way most of them were carrying on before this winning streak.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Carlton are a good example for other clubs

It shows what can be achieved if the board, CEO and President are united behind players and coach

It also shows that there's something really wrong at Melbourne FC. Seriously, with the amount of talent on their list they should have got the job done against a depleted Carlton midfield (no Walsh, Cerra or Kennedy who are usually first picked)

Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

Cripps gifted a goal for Oliver's "throw" which appeared to be a handball.

Or at least that's what I saw from a very brief glimpse, since Channel Seeven seemed unsuusally determined not to show it.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Dees got reamed hard by the umps

AFL got their result

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

The problem with this line of thought is that you were all hoping Carlton lost so that they were 'catchable'.

We gave up that right to consider them 'catchable' when we did not beat them.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote: Sat 12 Aug 2023 11:45pm Seriously, is that guy a Scumbaggers fan? He just stitched up Melbourne tonight, after screwing us last weekend. Thankfully, we don’t have him umpiring our game tomorrow.

The AFL should be embarrassed that their score review couldn’t determine whether it was or not. No doubt when this occurs in a GF, St.Kilda will be the team on the wrong end of their dumb outcome :roll:
Didn't look touched to me. And I guess we will be the ones ending up on the wrong end of the pineapple over that bad call.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sun 13 Aug 2023 11:28am
Sainternist wrote: Sat 12 Aug 2023 11:45pm Seriously, is that guy a Scumbaggers fan? He just stitched up Melbourne tonight, after screwing us last weekend. Thankfully, we don’t have him umpiring our game tomorrow.

Didn't look touched to me. And I guess we will be the ones ending up on the wrong end of the pineapple over that bad call.
I have to put my 2 cents in here - the 'soft call' was touched - without the technology we would have accepted that call - therefore - unless it is clear - it should not be over-ruled

The technology is there for Howlers - like a ball thudding into a post and turning 30 degrees

Snicko - No Thanks
Laser edge technology - No Thanks

Just give me human eyes watching a replay - if the 5th Ump looks at it like a normal supporter would and says - "F@rk that's wrong" over turn it - otherwise - Nothing to see - play on.
Same should go for general play - if a 5th Umpire - watching at normal speed - sees a bump ball called a mark - or a throw called as a handpass - a quick beep in the Umpires ear - and the correct call is made.
Do not scrutinise EVERY aspect - just the ones that have us throwing the remote/beer/spouse/pet/etc at the TV.

I am sure Dudley will find something to call me cowardly, hypocritical or crying though
[Same should go for Cricket - however - it has now become (because of technology) Umpires are afraid of making a tough call - instead giving no decision and let the technology sort it out.][

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
King Max
Club Player

Last week the goal umpire called Carlton’s first goal touched.

They overturned it on one frame where the ball might have been 1mm over the line with Marshall’s fingers bent back. The previous frame the ball was a metre away and Marshall had his fingers pointing upwards. So obviously the frame they called the goal on was not the instant where the ball first came into contact with his hand.

It definitely wasn’t a howler and I’m 99% sure the umpire got it right.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

The Carlton player said he thought he may have touched it. Wasn't sure.