Road to the Finals

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

King Max
Club Player

Re: Road to the Finals

Win both games 100%
Beat Geelong only 99.9%
Beat Brisbane only 99.8%
Lose both 17%

https://x.com/matterofstats/status/1691 ... 8Te5niMHtA

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

17% looks good this year.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

The G Train Legacy wrote: Tue 15 Aug 2023 10:29am
Scollop wrote: Tue 15 Aug 2023 1:54am I'll tell you what will definitely happen if we scrape in to the finals (Bradbury style)

There'll be a certain poster letting us know that the decision to replace the senior coach was the right decision. That win against Richmond was really nothing to brag about. It's similar to scraping over the line against West Coast and North and bragging about it.

It doesn't matter that we played a club who hasn't won a game at Marvel in 8 attempts or the fact that some Richmond players had checked out of the finals race last week...all that matters to Lyon fanboys is that we now have 1 more victory than last year

Let's see how we go against both Geelong and Brisbane. I hope we can beat one of them to at least boost our prospects to attract talent to our club. Let's hope we don't embarrass ourselves.

The growth and trajectory of Owens, Windhager and Nas Wanganeen-Millera was mapped out prior to Lyon arriving. It was exciting watching them this year alongside Mattaes Phillipou and Anthony Caminiti.

I hope we make finals, but I'm more interested in the opportunity for this young group (along with Keeler, Peris, Hotton, Van Es and Moose) to build and grow together.

If Membrey and Howard and Cordy and Webster and Seb Ross are around that will help these guys mature and also take some of the pressure off them. It will also create competition for spots and lift standards organically rather than trying to import success and make excessive changes each year
Once again you make stuff up out of thin air and coat it in huge amounts of hubris. If we make the Finals, how would that be falling in Bradbury style?

Your comments on the win on the weekend demonstrates that you know nothing at all about footy. You create Richmond's mindset out of your self serving imagination.

Richmond were still in the Finals race, McQualter wants to get the permanent job and the players want him to get it. Richmond were going hard, we simply out played them. We got the job done, unlike the Bulldogs with their overrated Coach who once fluked a Premiership and stellar List. Yet I reckon you'd rate Beveridge higher than Lyon.

We are currently 6th because we've won more games (or have a better %) than 12 other teams. With the exception of Adelaide we have beaten all the other teams contending for positions 5-8. We also came within a whisker of the 2 best teams (should've beaten Port) and Melbourne only beat us because we lost 2 players in the first minute. Bradbury style my arse!
Bradbury had all the competitors in front of him fall over. It is an inconvenient truth, one that does not suit the narrative of many, that St Kilda has occupied a top 8 position since round 1.

We will be worthy finalists should we get there. Beat the Cats on our home ground, instead of their construction site, and we will be there.

Saint supporter since '62
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Blicavs, J Henry, C Guthrie and T Hawkins make them a formidable opponent. Even without them they'll be hard to beat.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

The G Train Legacy wrote: Tue 15 Aug 2023 12:57pm
Scollop wrote: Tue 15 Aug 2023 12:46pm
Yorkeys wrote: Tue 15 Aug 2023 12:13pm
Scollop wrote: Tue 15 Aug 2023 10:36am
Yorkeys wrote: Tue 15 Aug 2023 10:26am Scollopini wrote:
"It doesn't matter that we played a club who hasn't won a game at Marvel in 8 attempts or the fact that some Richmond players had checked out of the finals race last week..."

Richmond were fair dinkum. There was one particular clash between Steele and a Richmond player in front of this supporter and the smack of body on body was frightening. Dusty went hard all game, Balta, Bolton, Nankervis, #43, Taranto, Baker, Vlaustin.....et al - class players. That was not a soft kill it was a good win, well coached. We now have reached what in sports science is called the Ratts parity stage. Its a proxy tipping point.
Balta had his mind on either Phuket or Bali. He couldn't decide? Dusty was kicking it straight to a Saints jumper in the first quarter. It's great to be a premiership player isn't and not care whether you make another finals series....or not

Nothing beats sitting close to the action in level 1

I love hearing the smack of body on body too :mrgreen:

Anyhoo...I follow my team and I support my players. If some posters are on here to pump up the worth of 1 sole employee... that's good for them
What's your problem oh cryptic one?
Mind reading giving you a headache?
You turning nasty?
Lighten up, it was a good win.
It's good to cheer on the boys and I wasn't concerned at any stage in the match.

Just don't give as much credit to the coaching as others do. I haven't wavered.

I took my mum who is 79. She wore her Maddie scarf and we enjoyed the game

What's your problem?
The trouble is when you assert we're doing a 'Bradbury' if we make the Finals, that Richmond had the cue in the rack and Balta was thinking of an end of season trip, you're making bulls*** up that's far from true.
Great post
Haters gonna hate but the win on the weekend was…most un-Ross like
He has changed style for sure …old Ross would never have allowed that shoot out

“Yeah….nah””