Ross Lyon Haters???

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

asiu
Saintsational Legend

Re: Ross Lyon Haters???

what

cods wallop isn't put in tassy pies ffs

we use fresh roadkill

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
The G Train Legacy
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Thu 24 Aug 2023 2:21pm
Yorkeys wrote: Thu 24 Aug 2023 1:31pm "My nicname has nothing to do with molluscs or potatoes. How many times do you need to be told thickhead?"

Scallops are vectors of forumborne pathogens, such as taediosus verbosus obiurgo. Their filter-feeding behavior is responsible for the potential hosting of a wide variety of crap with fecal origins. Scallops have the personality of any bivalve and rarely have pet names. Sometimes confused with scollops.
FMD

If I changed my name to 'Sue' would it make easier for you and nostalgicsaint and any one else uncomfortable with different names that don't conform to your closed minded thinking?

https://blogs.lse.ac.uk/equityDiversity ... l-britain/

https://www.bbc.com/worklife/article/20 ... tic-racism
Why doesn't it surprise me to see that you peruse the sort of tomes perused by HR Managers.

I thought your name was paying tribute to the humble mollusc and you just misspelled it. Yet all this time it was just linguistic gibberish, just like the phrase "linguistic racism" from one of the articles you posted.

takeaway
Club Player

The G Train Legacy wrote: Thu 24 Aug 2023 5:54pm
Scollop wrote: Thu 24 Aug 2023 2:21pm
Yorkeys wrote: Thu 24 Aug 2023 1:31pm "My nicname has nothing to do with molluscs or potatoes. How many times do you need to be told thickhead?"

Scallops are vectors of forumborne pathogens, such as taediosus verbosus obiurgo. Their filter-feeding behavior is responsible for the potential hosting of a wide variety of crap with fecal origins. Scallops have the personality of any bivalve and rarely have pet names. Sometimes confused with scollops.
FMD

If I changed my name to 'Sue' would it make easier for you and nostalgicsaint and any one else uncomfortable with different names that don't conform to your closed minded thinking?

https://blogs.lse.ac.uk/equityDiversity ... l-britain/

https://www.bbc.com/worklife/article/20 ... tic-racism
Why doesn't it surprise me to see that you peruse the sort of tomes perused by HR Managers.

I thought your name was paying tribute to the humble mollusc and you just misspelled it. Yet all this time it was just linguistic gibberish, just like the phrase "linguistic racism" from one of the articles you posted.
I always thought the nic was derived from the Urban Dict - scolops.

nostalgicsaint
Club Player

desertsaint wrote: Thu 24 Aug 2023 4:52pm The irish in me can't help but tsk tsk about all this talk of potatos and tassie pie fillings. A scollop my friends is...a tool. Of sorts. Not sure it's of any use to anyone anymore, but those compiling pub trivia questions may be grateful.
https://www.askaboutireland.ie/learning ... thatching/
I can get around the tool aspect.

Perhaps a spanner?

Disclaimer: posts are my views and shouldn't be taken as fact, even if I am in fact right.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

I always thought the nic was derived from the Urban Dict - scolops.
wow
i didn't know that

never heard it
'n i hung around with an eclectic mob of those types for years

not that i inhaled , of course
or that there'd be anything wrong with that
(if i did)

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote: Wed 23 Aug 2023 7:23pm
saynta wrote: Wed 23 Aug 2023 6:55pm
markp wrote: Wed 23 Aug 2023 6:05pm
saynta wrote: Wed 23 Aug 2023 5:38pm
markp wrote: Wed 23 Aug 2023 5:34pm Funny that none of the players or other people who worked at the Club, then, since, or now, all of whom presumably have a better handle on what actually went down, seem to hold him in such contempt.

If he really did behave dishonourably, surely, they wouldn't have had him back.

Maybe (and I know this is very hard to imagine), certain key people in charge at the Club during that time handled negotiations and the relationship with him poorly, left the door open for him, and through it he walked.
That's certainly not true but I ain't spilling the beans on the official who said he was a very good coach but an ordinary bloke.

Well then that holds absolutely no water.

And 'ordinary bloke' could mean anything... might even say more about the bloke making that charge, and likely has nothing to do with the circumstances of his departure.

But at least now we know you think our coach is a 'slimy toerag'.

👍
I was just being nice.

He actually called him a prick, and it had absolutely nothing to do with his "departure."

I couldn't give a f*** if it holds water or not.

And don't put words in my post that I haven't said. :roll:

Oh ok, so it's not relevant at all.

I know someone who went to school with him and he said he was a prick too.

Again, not relevant.

I didn't put words in your mouth, somebody posted that he was a 'slimy toerag' and you liked that post.

Dunno what is left to conclude other than that you concur with the statement that our coach is a 'slimy toerag'.

Fqf
No, I thought it was funny and the post made me laugh, hence the thanks.

Thanked....not liked ....FFS. :roll:

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Wed 23 Aug 2023 11:13pm
nostalgicsaint wrote: Wed 23 Aug 2023 7:46pm
samoht wrote: Wed 23 Aug 2023 4:16pm
Lennylegs wrote: Wed 23 Aug 2023 2:43pm
The relative success we've had this year has nothing to do with recruiting. We were all but silent during last trade/draft period. Credit has to be given to the new coaches. We're a much tougher team to play against this year, toughest we've been in over a decade. Which, not surprisingly, coincides with Ross's last tenure as coach.
Nothing to do with recruiting?

I think credit must also go to our recent recruiting and the maturing and natural progression of our talented youngsters this year with another pre-season under their belt.
I mean NWM is averaging 24 possessions per game from HBF. Then there's Owens and Windhager - 2 tough and skilled young players.
Stocker is also averaging 17 possessions from half back and is both tough and highly skilled.

Our list is much better placed this year, with much more depth ... I mean Billings is not even getting a look in!!!
Paton has also become a fringe player.

Our recruiters need to now maintain these standards.

We can't overlook other factors (more important ones) just to pump up the coach/coaches. I'm sorry.

Some credit must obviously go to Hayes, Harvey, Goddard and RL - but, the right amount.
I don't think you'll find anyone arguing against the premise that the improvement of those kids and Stocker have been a factor.

That said- does the coaching team get no credit for their improvement?

The idea of natural progression in football is a flawed one. If it were that simple assembling a premiership team would be simple. It is not.

The examples of Billings and Paton are also examples of the change RL has helped deliver. Do we really believe our previous coach(es) would have left Billings out?
Do you have a problem reading or is it comprehension that you struggle with?
:wink:

nostalgicsaint
Club Player

Good point Saynta as already acknowledged.

Samoht and I are clearly in furious agreement which I missed because I'm used to responding to you and the spanner.

We both acknowledge that the performance of the team this year is multifaceted but unquestionably an improvement on recent times.

Thank God the club had a review and made some changes. Ross for rats included.

Disclaimer: posts are my views and shouldn't be taken as fact, even if I am in fact right.
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

You initially got upset because I implied you were a tool when you didn't read a post properly...see what I did there?

Anyway, think I'd rather be a spanner than an arsehole

You can call me spanner. I'll call you sphynctor

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Thu 24 Aug 2023 11:39pm You initially got upset because I inadvertently called you a tool when you didn't read a post properly...see what I did there?

so let me get this straight..your not a Mollusc ?

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Thu 24 Aug 2023 11:54pm
Scollop wrote: Thu 24 Aug 2023 11:39pm You initially got upset because I inadvertently called you a tool when you didn't read a post properly...see what I did there?

No. I am a mollusc, but I'm not a scallop

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Thu 24 Aug 2023 11:58pm

thanks for setting me straight on that...confusion reigns here at times.

........so not a potato ?

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Fri 25 Aug 2023 12:00am

Not a potato ...and

I don't discriminate against other vegetables

Any other rivetting questions?

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote: Wed 23 Aug 2023 1:08pm ?

He also took them to their one and only gf appearance (and missed out by 15 points).

Nobody is saying a great coach can make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

You're an 'adulator' if you think it better to have a superior coach to an inferior one?

Why do we have to choose between very good coach or very good recruiters... shouldn't we aim for both.
Way way too sensible for this board Mark…almost wasted on the masses excellent post
Samo just bangs the same drum like no one agrees with him..problem is ..everyone knows you need good recruitment…good players ….but you also need a good coach to get the best out if that talent
Lyon has extracted every bit from this list who all agree isn’t too 4

“Yeah….nah””
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Fri 25 Aug 2023 12:34am
The Fireman wrote: Fri 25 Aug 2023 12:00am

Not a potato ...and

I don't discriminate against other vegetables

Any other rivetting questions?
umm nup.. I think we have it covered.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

was wondering..if we get to hold up the cup do the haters get to celebrate alongside the supporters ?

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Fri 25 Aug 2023 12:54am was wondering..if we get to hold up the cup do the haters get to celebrate alongside the supporters ?
😂

“Yeah….nah””
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

So what was the reason you used a very obscure name like Scollop anyway?

It's probably written somewhere but please, amuse me.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Fri 25 Aug 2023 12:54am was wondering..if we get to hold up the cup do the haters get to celebrate alongside the supporters ?
The sycophantic messiah worshipping is boring and that's what I hate. I can't stand people who think that 1 solitary individual is the main reason the team is winning. Same when we are losing and people blame a couple of players.

The whole thread is rubbish. Genuine members (including myself) are generally supporting the current coach. We'll be supporting the club long after short term and long term employees have departed.

We are all here to support the club and the footy team and especially our players.

Does that Mean supporters of the club aren't allowed to question decisions made by employees and executives?

You and I both know many people, including yourself wanted Lethlean to be sacked or to resign in 2018 and 2019 (it's in historical posts)

Does it mean you can't have doubts about people?

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Fri 25 Aug 2023 2:15am
Genuine supporters will be supporting the club long after short term and long term employees have departed.

We are all here to support the club and the footy team and the players.

You and I both know many people, including yourself wanted Lethlean to be sacked or to resign in 2018 and 2019 (it's in historical posts)

Does that Mean supporters of the club aren't allowed to question the employees?

No. It just means you'd be wrong about doubting Lyon and his coaching abilities. He has won the highest % of matches of anyone who has coached St.Kilda for at least a season, your disrespect for that is extraordinary. He is probably our most successfully coach in your lifetime.
Nobody really wants you to miss out out on a flag celebration.
I realise you haven't conceded yet, but that probably says more about you, than it does about real supporters, as you describe them.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Fri 25 Aug 2023 2:07am So what was the reason you used a very obscure name like Scollop anyway?

It's probably written somewhere but please, amuse me.
It doesn't really fkn matter but here we go again...

viewtopic.php?p=1856157&hilit=School+ni ... s#p1856157

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Fri 25 Aug 2023 2:29am
Genuine supporters will be supporting the club long after short term and long term employees have departed.

No. It just means you'd be wrong about doubting Lyon and his coaching abilities. He has won the highest % of matches of anyone who has coached St.Kilda for at least a season, your disrespect for that is extraordinary. He is probably our most successfully coach in your lifetime.
I realise you haven't conceded yet, but that probably says more about you, than it does about real supporters, as you describe them.
What are you on about?

Find a post of mine in the last 6 months where I have said that I believe that Lyon CAN NOT win a flag for us this time around. Or that I want him to fail.

Find a single post from any one who asks questions and has doubts (samoht, B.M, saynta or myself or others) where they don't want Lyon to succeed. I mean I’d understand that you don’t want players questioning him. I get the leadership thing and that buy in and belief in the coach and his decision making is paramount, but surely you don’t think players read the crap on here do you?

As I said. Rubbish thread, designed to bait people.

nostalgicsaint
Club Player

The sycophantic messiah worshipping is boring and that's what I hate. I can't stand people who think that 1 solitary individual is the main reason the team is winning. Same when we are losing and people blame a couple of players.

The whole thread is rubbish. Genuine members (including myself) are generally supporting the current coach. We'll be supporting the club long after short term and long term employees have departed.

We are all here to support the club and the footy team and especially our players.

Does that Mean supporters of the club aren't allowed to question decisions made by employees and executives?

It's amazing to me that you think people praising the impact Lyon has had as a coach and leader is the equivalent to claiming he is the main reason we're winning.

All that has happened is people on here (and everywhere in footy) have acknowledged the good work he is doing.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

the thing is Scallop I have never mentioned you as one of the haters yet here you are defending yourself ???

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks"

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Fri 25 Aug 2023 2:29am

I can not believe Scallops is still arguing…bizarre
Saynta, yes missing few brain cells and just rants at passing cars, but Scallops at least appeared to have sone semblance of intelligence
I guess not
Anyhoo - for the Ross enthusiasts the RTB Fanboy Club will be organising a “Ross appreciation movie night” bring sone nibbles, your favourite fun filled RTB facts and stories and don’t forget to wear your “In Ross We Trust” paraphernalia.
More details to come in our newsletter

“Yeah….nah””