Lyon: Leigh Tudor Getting Job Done

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Re: Lyon: Leigh Tudor Getting Job Done

Shaggy wrote:
Teflon wrote:Massive wrap for Tudor...slight backhander to Barker..

Lyon said fwd 50 defensive pressure was a focus of his from day 1 BUT Leigh Tudor has been able to get it done.......nice pat on the back from a senior coach.

I thought Kosi was also excellentg on that tonight.
Lol.

So Tudor is the reason we are suddenly winning out of the middle?

2006-2008 we didn't.

And Kosi is now a gun FF with his 4 goals?

If RL doesn't give him running time around the ground I will guarantee you his form will go off very quickly.

I am not having a go at Tudor but he is yet to prove he is better than Barker. They work with what they are given but Tudor doesn't have 17 players behind the ball now which helps 8-) .
It really is a simple game deliberately confused by yourself in your continued pursuit of all things negative toward Ross Lyon...its obvious that giving him credit irks you no end... :lol:

I'll say again for thickets (and clearly stalkers) like yourself.

IN RELATION TO OUR IMPROVED FORWARD PRESSURE SO FAR THIS YEAR ROSS LYON GAVE KUDOS TO TUDOR.

I really will have to side with the coach on this.....allthough I understand you know more...

I DID NOT hear Ross Lyon say Kosi was a superstar fwd after 4 goals nor did I hear Lyon say Tudor is the reason we are winning ball out of the middle...thats your tripe and once again you are off on a tangent.....good luck with that.

IF we are winning ball out of the centre I can guarantee you that its because we are now playing GENUINE ruckman in there and Kosi only there sparingly (Grant Thomas wanted Kosi as a ruckman first.....drifting fwd occasionally.....IMHO when he goes into the middle as ruck we innevitably get smashed in the clearances - Thomas again stated this is where hed play Kosi......last week....hes a fool).

Im not against giving Kosi room to move (as Lyon has done) but IMO its gotta be from CHF rotatinf FF with Roo.

As for Tudor not having 17 men behind the ball - are telling us all that when we won 7 from 11 in the back half of last year we did so with nor fwd line?....and I thought it was you who previously argued that Lyon had infact changed from this game plan in 2007....?.....so which was it......2007 or last year he made your so called switch?

Please do try and keep up... :lol:

“Yeah….nah””
bakes
Club Player

happy feet
Club Player

bakes wrote: Thu 31 Aug 2023 10:54am Welcome back again? :lol:

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1021067/ass ... -continues
Why?

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Reaching back into the past ..... a few old names in there

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

The old conundrum of how taps-to-advantage don’t seem to equate with clearances but somehow a real Ruckman , somehow helps anyway, despite the stats!

Teflon mentions that about Kosi back in 2009 was how I felt back in 2006!

GT didn’t seem to rate having a Ruckman too much as long as Kosi could go up there!

Alas GTs last move - to bank on Kosi to ruck in a final..
Days before his demise.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!