Hayes gone again

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

Re: Hayes gone again

Finna wrote: Thu 07 Sep 2023 7:32am Hayes is probably the most overrated player we've had on our list for years. Sure he kicked a few goals here and there but overall he's been average in a very small sample size of games. Not to mention is always injured. Much rather have hammer and/or sharman in the lineup. Hayes wont make it...he's done
That is your opinion and you are entitled to it.

My opinion is the Club has done the right thing by the player who has yet to undertake a full pre-season and is coming into his prime age for an AFL player.

Saint supporter since '62
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote: Thu 07 Sep 2023 1:14pm Sharman and Caminiti are totally different players.

Caminiti is your true 200cm power forward, a Tom Hawkins type.
Sharman is more your Bailey Fritsch, Brody Mihocek type.

The former can win you a flag off his own boot.
Different players but, if Membrey can go round for one or two more years, they’ll be competing for the same spot.

Caminiti has heaps more to offer IMO. If it were up to me, he’d play on Saturday.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote: Thu 07 Sep 2023 1:14pm Sharman and Caminiti are totally different players.

Agility or lack thereof prevents reaching the potential of a Fritsch and Mihocek who is agile AND powerful.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote: Thu 07 Sep 2023 1:27pm

Different players but, if Membrey can go round for one or two more years, they’ll be competing for the same spot.

Caminiti has heaps more to offer IMO. If it were up to me, he’d play on Saturday.
I tend to agree but I suspect Doogs will come in if he’s available to insure against Cordz being exposed for speed and to strengthen up the forward line with Cordz and also provide chopout in the ruck.

Lyon will always deploy a more defensive mindset than an attacking mindset unless he’s still exploring and wants to find an attacking weapon in a final but that doesn’t sound like Lyon does it.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Howard officially rated behind Cordy, did anyone observe the amount of dummies spat at the stinky bowl re the announcement.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.