Sandy at Wonthaggi

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

spert
Saintsational Legend

Re: Sandy at Wonthaggi

meher baba wrote: Sun 12 May 2024 7:02pm Clark definitely deserves a call up to the seniors, most likely for Hastie.

I'm not sure about Dow. In both the games I've seen Dow play, he has struggled with the pace in the early stages and has only begun to deliver much after half time. At AFL level the players tend to be a little fitter, so the game won't slow down so much in the second half. If we're going to elevate another mid from the Zebras (for Garcia?) I'd be inclined to go with Philippou instead: he got more disposals, more marks and made more tackles than Dow, and was certainly more visible during the first half.

Caminiti would presumably replace Hayes. Hayes had one good game against the Roos, and a nothing game against the Hawks. He's potentially an extremely useful player, so should we give up on him so quickly?

I guess Sharman could replace Membrey. But it's 50/50 whether that would represent an improvement. Sharman had a good game today, but he didn't exactly star: Caminiti certainly outshone him.
Clark didn't earn a call up to the seniors on last weekend's performance, but I think Sharman should be back in the seniors, and Caminiti, maybe for Owens and Hastie.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Sandy at Wonthaggi

Caminiti still has some defensive aspects to his game that requires significant work.