King ...out of form or

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

Re: King ...out of form or

Ignoring who's head coach and just concentrating on the facts ... on the game plan which, as we all know, allows record disposal numbers and a free run to opposition half backs, and on our poor forward efficiency (unnacceptably low goal conversion per forward entry) and lack of forward cohesiveness/connection, low goal scoring ... and generally on our poor skills, players having difficulty in executing simple, basic handballs and kicks .... we have stagnated and/or gone backwards in a number of areas, if we're going to be completely honest and objective.

There comes a point when you start to question the game plan, the system, and of course, the head coach... I.e., when you can no longer "blindly trust RTB and his system."

Max King is symptomatic of this stagnation ... he could be our Weitering, our Roberton mark 2, who knows? A coach with vision might have discovered a much more productive and suitable role for him?

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

You seem to be well read Samoht, is what you said above heresy or apostasy?
Are you ready to renounce the Messiah and risk the wrath of the true believers?

asiu
Saintsational Legend

the only rare times he'd gone down to Moorabbin was when he wanted free physio
is / was that a dinkum quote

(i'm suspecting it is)

quality zinger from the Ratter

:P

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
samoht
Saintsational Legend

whiskers ...

If we truly support our team, we must be open to discussions (putting our biases aside) about what might be holding us back and how we can move forward.

Max King's potential is something that could be unlocked with a fresh perspective?

I'm speculating about Max King, of course (we need to try him in a different position/role to find out for sure) - but a game plan and system that concedes 46 possessions to Sicily, 44 to Martin, our poor forward entries and poor skills in general, should be openly discussed. Nothing should be set in stone, including Max King as a FF only - there needs to be a willingness to try a new approach.
Last edited by samoht on Sat 18 May 2024 12:29pm, edited 1 time in total.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

The Messiah I was referring to was not King but he of the second coming!

samoht
Saintsational Legend

I gathered that.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

i never left

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

asiu wrote: Sat 18 May 2024 1:24pmi never left
:D

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

samoht wrote: Sat 18 May 2024 12:25pm whiskers ...

If we truly support our team, we must be open to discussions (putting our biases aside) about what might be holding us back and how we can move forward.

Max King's potential is something that could be unlocked with a fresh perspective?

I'm speculating about Max King, of course (we need to try him in a different position/role to find out for sure) - but a game plan and system that concedes 46 possessions to Sicily, 44 to Martin, our poor forward entries and poor skills in general, should be openly discussed. Nothing should be set in stone, including Max King as a FF only - there needs to be a willingness to try a new approach.
I’m sorry but your fixation on “it’s all game plan” is as dogged as those who put their faith in the coach
You ignore basic football skills that AFL should be able to execute- that includes kicking a goal 15 out direct in front (seen them missed) backwards handballs, dropped chest marks
If it’s all”game plan” then Chris Scott must be sacked …hell ..any club outside 8 should all sack their coaches ?
It’s simplistic
The only time I’ve endorsed sacking coaches is when
1. They’ve had ample time to shape a list game plan and failed
2. They set poor standards at the club (which we heard from multiple sources under Ratten)

Try to be more broad minded in your thinking - I do self help classes Thurs if you’re interested

Teffers

“Yeah….nah””
samoht
Saintsational Legend

I have never advocated sacking coaches ...

I would have preferred if our club stuck with Sheldon as coach and fixed all the other more important areas, such as recruiting.

But I'm not broad-minded enough to accept that conceding 46 and 44 possessions to half backs is a good game plan.

A new approach - a rethink may be warranted?

SAINT-LEE
Club Player

Ive refrained from calling Max a bust...however his gutless, passionless effort tonight was insipid.

But who cares? We cant drop him! We'd never survive without his 3 marks & 1 behind.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

SAINT-LEE wrote: Sat 18 May 2024 11:44pm Ive refrained from calling Max a bust...however his gutless, passionless effort tonight was insipid.

But who cares? We cant drop him! We'd never survive without his 3 marks & 1 behind.
He'll have a meeting with Ross and he'll say it wasn't fair that Caminiti was targeted as a KP Forward. "I waved and pointed but they wouldn't kick it to me" They kicked it to Hammer

He'll promise Ross more goals and a better return in key metrics like how many times he can twirl the footy when taking a set shot...but only if both Cooper and Caminiti are dropped

I promise I'll smile more

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Max competed hard is the Narrative.

So did Caminiti, and also brings energy and passion....AND kicked goals.

I'm really worried about Max long term, he his a really average player currently.

repta
Club Player

I think King is a spud

However the delivery was appalling. Could not have been slower and half the time the ball hit the 3rd row stand.

King shoulders are so stuffed he can't take an overhead mark. Lost all confidence in them

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Why has King not been tried in the ruck?
If anyone mentions “Winx” I’ll vomit!

Superboot
SS Life Member

Gives every impression of playing under sufferance. Question is whether he doesn't want to play or just doesn't want to play for us.

Crossy66
Club Player

SAINT-LEE wrote: Sat 18 May 2024 11:44pm Ive refrained from calling Max a bust...however his gutless, passionless effort tonight was insipid.

Harsh. He moved much better, saw some green shoots. Honestly, no one could play forward with the way the ball was delivered to the forward line

Crossy66
Club Player

Superboot wrote: Sun 19 May 2024 10:32am Gives every impression of playing under sufferance. Question is whether he doesn't want to play or just doesn't want to play for us.
Confidence in his body is shot. Added to feeling the weight of expectation

freely
SS Hall of Fame

The club's decision not to let Matthew Lloyd work with King back whenever was a clear signal that his development is not - has never been - a priority.

SAINT-LEE
Club Player

My thoughts are not a Kingy bashy sooky point of view.

I really like Max. I reckon he is incredible. We desperately need him.

What shitz me is that he HAS the ability, skills and talent.

We have watched him play brilliantly.

The excuses need to be weighed and given some merit...e.g. ball movement from mid to forward entry.

But a Key Forward with his agility and speed has to get on his bike and get the f@cking ball. Its not dropping in his lap? Tough.

Summon the spirit of Gehrig and Hall...let your mongrel erupt. Be fierce, have some damn courage. Stop hiding behind defenders...if they wont move...rip their tits off and trample thier carcasses.

You got ONE job...its not to be a ruck and give an 'honourable effort' that brings the ball to ground for a small crumber to score...

Destroy obstacles, get the ball, kick a goal.

No more no less.

No strategy. Just eat ball.

and if for whatever reason Mr K cannot perform his duties as requested, send him down for a spell.

I am 196.7% confident Arie can AT MINIMUM get 3 marks and kick a behind in an AFL match...and thus gain experience, reveal his ability to aim the proven mongrel in him at the ball...
Last edited by SAINT-LEE on Sun 19 May 2024 1:07pm, edited 1 time in total.

Crossy66
Club Player

SAINT-LEE wrote: Sun 19 May 2024 12:45pm My thoughts are not a Kingy bashy sooky point of view.

The excuses need to be weighed and given some merit...e.g. ball movement from mid to forward entry.

But a Key Forward with his agility and speed has to get on his bike and get the f@cking ball. Its not dropping in his lap? Tough.

Summon the spirit of Gehrig and Hall...let your mongrel erupt. Be fierce, have some damn courage. Stop hiding behind defenders...if they wont move...rip their tits off and trample thier carcasses.

You got ONE job...its not to be a ruck and give an 'honourable effort' that brings the ball to ground for a small crumber to score...

No more no less.

His body breaking down hasn't helped hid gym time. Needs some more meat on the bones. He moved well last night. He's no good standing and wrestling gorillas

SAINT-LEE
Club Player

Crossy66 wrote: Sun 19 May 2024 1:00pm
SAINT-LEE wrote: Sun 19 May 2024 12:45pm My thoughts are not a Kingy bashy sooky point of view.

Summon the spirit of Gehrig and Hall...let your mongrel erupt. Be fierce, have some damn courage. Stop hiding behind defenders...if they wont move...rip their tits off and trample their carcasses.

No more no less.

His body breaking down hasn't helped hid gym time. Needs some more meat on the bones. He moved well last night. He's no good standing and wrestling gorillas

If he needs a less intensive environment to recalibrate then VFL.

He had 3 score invovlements...3.
Score Involvement: Number of scoring chains where a player was involved with either a disposal, hitout-to-advantage, kick-in or knock-on.

The AFL average for a Key Forward is 7..½ the avg is pathetic. We are celebrating him playing better last night...how poor was he before?

But being slight of frame never stopped anyone from gut running, getting into position for a mark and fighting every second your foot stands upon the grass.

Crossy66
Club Player

SAINT-LEE wrote: Sun 19 May 2024 1:09pm
Crossy66 wrote: Sun 19 May 2024 1:00pm

Summon the spirit of Gehrig and Hall...let your mongrel erupt. Be fierce, have some damn courage. Stop hiding behind defenders...if they wont move...rip their tits off and trample their carcasses.

No more no less.

If he needs a less intensive environment to recalibrate then VFL.

He had 3 score invovlements...3.
Score Involvement: Number of scoring chains where a player was involved with either a disposal, hitout-to-advantage, kick-in or knock-on.

The AFL average for a Key Forward is 7..½ the avg is pathetic. We are celebrating him playing better last night...how poor was he before?

But being slight of frame never stopped anyone from gut running, getting into position for a mark and fighting every second your foot stands upon the grass.
Just sayin that he changed it up last night. Was roaming and getting into good spots but our limited entries were terrible. If he keeps doing that, and gets better supply he will click.
But ultimately, he needs good shoulders to pack on some muscle over summer.

nefron55
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Sun 19 May 2024 2:56am

He'll have a meeting with Ross and he'll say it wasn't fair that Caminiti was targeted as a KP Forward. "I waved and pointed but they wouldn't kick it to me" They kicked it to Hammer

He'll promise Ross more goals and a better return in key metrics like how many times he can twirl the footy when taking a set shot...but only if both Cooper and Caminiti are dropped

What is this miserable, fan-fiction drivel based on?

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

nefron55 wrote: Sun 19 May 2024 2:31pm
Scollop wrote: Sun 19 May 2024 2:56am

What is this miserable, fan-fiction drivel based on?
Sorry…venting my spleen last night. You are right it is fiction. King at least gave better effort

I’m more composed today and I realise I should focus on the real culprit for how the team is playing. The senior coach