They had Baker lined up

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

They had Baker lined up

The AFL that is. They were embarrassed by the Faux Pas earlier in the year and have bided their time. I posted elsewhere that this proves they make it up as they go along.

I'm all for retribution, but the job at hand is to beat the West Coast this week. That's all that matters. I can see the management trying to balance this. Unnecessary, given the fools at the Afl, but 'not got a lot of choice other than maybe let this go. Need the boys as focussed as possible. Need Baker's replacement expecting to play.

The coaching staff will be doing that I'm sure, but all this other stuff we don't need in the biggest game week of the year. That's the real disservice the Afl ( and the Media ) have done for us.

carn_sainter
Club Player

in my unbiased opinion - i am seriously trying to be objective about this - this decision is the worst, most unjust decision i can remember and certainly so since the tribunal was reformed

7 weeks!

how long has it been since there was a bigger penalty?

even 5 weeks?

pickett and johnson almost severed spinal cords and got 6, so this is the 3rd worst thing that's happened since tribunal reform?

stopping, and having some antagonist, lying turd run into the back of you? farmer probably accelerated to bump bakes, forgot how retarded he is and hit his head...

there are no grounds for the decision...not a shred of evidence

truly, this is the worst they've come up with...

spert
Saintsational Legend

Woefully inconsistant is the tribunal system. It's unfortunate that our guys receive serious head unjuries (Ball, Kosi) which are always accidents or unintentional -bullS%^t!!!
OK Baker made some kind of contact, but now I urge the managment of St.Kilda ro stand up for once, and show some leadership in calling an appeal to euther scrap the penalty or at least reduce it.
I urge the team to make a real statement on the field for the next two games.

mischa
Club Player

Of course they did. They had the 7 weeks lined up before Baker even went up to the tribunal. The scum on the tribunal just enforced it and tried to make it look legitimate.

HarveysDeciple

It certainly appears that he was guilty before he arrived.

They just needed to come up with a reason to suspend him and thats all it was.
He was always going down.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

i actually thought nothing would come of it....i mean there was no vid evidence and taking eye witness accounts is rather stupid...i mean we could have just got half a dozen people to say anything about the incident....but how reliable is that, it just ends up being opinions and taking peoples words as truth.
no evidence=no crime.
it would not surprise me in the slightest if NO appeal is made.
........and appealing wont do s*** anyway, they wont change the decision because of his 'previous records'.

Kate
Club Player

I think that we need to appeal in order to let our players know that the club will look after them. We expect our players to be loyal to the club and now it is time for the club to make a stand for one of it's own.

Yes, maybe appealing is like spitting in the wind, but it's worth making it known that we are not going to be the leagues whipping boy.

It's time to make a big noise, not a pathetic whimper.

HarveysDeciple

Exactly, if one of our players gets bent over by the AFL, then we owe it to that player to fight like tooth and nails to defend him.

We just can't stand for this, Baker gives his all every week for the club and we can't sit back and let him get shafted.

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Kate wrote:I think that we need to appeal in order to let our players know that the club will look after them. We expect our players to be loyal to the club and now it is time for the club to make a stand for one of it's own.

Yes, maybe appealing is like spitting in the wind, but it's worth making it known that we are not going to be the leagues whipping boy.

It's time to make a big noise, not a pathetic whimper.
Thats exactly right, and its not just the players.
Members pay the club our hard earned and we expect - and are entitled to - some sort of fighting effort from our football department. If that fails, our board needs to stand up and be counted.

The current administration has done very good things for us financially, but its times like these that they have let us down repeatedly.

RB, AF and the rest of them need to face this and fight it aggressively.

SaintWodonga
Club Player

This is one of the biggest jokes I can remember.

7 weeks? Pfft!

You would think that as one of the 8 original clubs we would get looked after by the AFL. But it's the complete opposite. With no video evidence and alot of witnesses that basically said it was an accident, he still gets 7 weeks?

A farce a disgrace! So scarlett gets off for clocking Roo? Ball can have his face smashed at anytime?

I am really starting to hate these intersate clubs more and more. It's clear the AFL has wanted them stronger... Look how quickly each (exept freo) have won a flag... Something behind the scenes is going on.. My spider sense is tingling... I think vic clubs have been sold out (except for Eddiewood)

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM