You'll think you're at Subiaco....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Grimfang
Club Player

You'll think you're at Subiaco....

tonight because the umpiring will be as if it was an Eagles home game.

Allen, McInerney and McBurney.

Anyone want to venture a guess as to the free kick count and number of goals the Eagles will be gifted from dodgy frees in their forward 50?

{edited to fix error} It's McBurney not McLaren. :oops:
Last edited by Grimfang on Fri 24 Aug 2007 8:48am, edited 1 time in total.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons; for you are a quick and tasty morsel.
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Well McLaren will single-handedly shaft us over tonight, and that's a fact :lol:

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

The mood of the Saints fans are such that the AFl should employ extra security for tonights game.

For themselves.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Selhurst Saint
Club Player

I think you will find Allen will bend us over more than the other two.

Watch out for that ridiculous boof headed clown to totally confound logic.

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
Saints94
SS Life Member

i tell you what ray chamberlan is a littlt smartass

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Selhurst Saint wrote:I think you will find Allen will bend us over more than the other two.

What garbage. Allen is easily the best and most impartial umpire running around. Which umpires do you prefer to him?

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Kate
Club Player

Allen is easily the best and most impartial umpire running around.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Have you got into the Eagles stash?

yipper
SS Life Member

I actually prefer Goldspink - when he umpires well, no probs. Then .. cringe.. Mathew Head believe it or not. Since that infamous game in Perth - he's been ok.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Kate wrote:
Allen is easily the best and most impartial umpire running around.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Have you got into the Eagles stash?
Well, as I already said, if you don't like Allen, then which umpire is any good? Goldspink? Head? Any of the Macs? Vozzo?

He's easily the best of a bad lot, from what I've seen. Kennedy is ok too. The others all stink (I used to quite like Vozzo too, but he's done some ridiculous stuff in our recent games.)
Last edited by meher baba on Fri 24 Aug 2007 12:18pm, edited 1 time in total.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

FFS you guys. The umps don't go into games with any intent to shaft one team or the other. If the Saints are good enough and want it enough they'll win.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

what makes me sick is ppl bother to learn the umpires names ?
they are little more then ground employees they should be nameless egoless officiators the moment they get numbers on their backs and get preety fluro orange suits and theire names player on the big screan and mentioned over the PA they start to think the game is about them and that when they make calls for the sake of making calls !!!!

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Kate
Club Player

Good umpires are the ones you don't notice. It's the dud decisions that make you look up to see which turkey called it. Ray Chamberlin is the best at calling out "look at me, look at me", but Brett Allen tends to be fairly noticable too.

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

Theres now doubt umpires are always on a power trip.

The thing is, all those constant boos while they walk into the race for H/T & F/T must sometimes get to them.

If they keep umpiring like they own the game, they shall keep getting boooooooooooed.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

The Saintsational Man wrote:Theres now doubt umpires are always on a power trip.

The thing is, all those constant boos while they walk into the race for H/T & F/T must sometimes get to them.

If they keep umpiring like they own the game, they shall keep getting boooooooooooed.
i reckon they get off on the boos makes them more part of the game they werent good enuff to play !

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
The Saintsational Man
Club Player

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
The Saintsational Man wrote:Theres now doubt umpires are always on a power trip.

i reckon they get off on the boos makes them more part of the game they werent good enuff to play !
inferiority complex?

Thats by bet on why they need the power trip.

Young Georgie
Club Player

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
The Saintsational Man wrote:i reckon they get off on the boos makes them more part of the game they werent good enuff to play !
More like they got lumped the role of the donkey in the preps nativity play and have been p1ssed ever since - is that a call of 'ball!' or 'encore!' - showponies!!

Graceful, elusive, strong overhead and no Easybeat!
The Saintsational Man
Club Player

Young Georgie wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
The Saintsational Man wrote:i reckon they get off on the boos makes them more part of the game they werent good enuff to play !
More like they got lumped the role of the donkey in the preps nativity play and have been p1ssed ever since - is that a call of 'ball!' or 'encore!' - showponies!!
Ill never forget "Whispers in the sky"

Young Georgie
Club Player

The Saintsational Man wrote:
Young Georgie wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
Fully deserved the Oscar, Kevin Bacon was brilliant as Tony Jones and what about Demi Moore's stunning performance as Matthew Head!

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

It won,

4 Oscars
27 "other" wins
&
47 Nominations

Im sure they could've thrown Denzel in there as the token black guy :wink:

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Young Georgie wrote:
The Saintsational Man wrote:
Young Georgie wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
Fully deserved the Oscar, Kevin Bacon was brilliant as Tony Jones and what about Demi Moore's stunning performance as Matthew Head!
I'd rather have Julia Roberts for Head. :wink:

- Jonathan Swift
The Saintsational Man
Club Player

And she would have 2 wear that outfit she wore in "Pretty Woman"

Young Georgie
Club Player

The Saintsational Man wrote:And she would have 2 wear that outfit she wore in "Pretty Woman"

Either that or the flouro green number.

The whole episode was such a c**k up and so superbly scripted that really either one would probably be able to handle the role brilliantly

super dooper
Club Player

st.byron wrote:FFS you guys. The umps don't go into games with any intent to shaft one team or the other. If the Saints are good enough and want it enough they'll win.
I agree with u there, BUT is it about being consitent with the frees in how they are awarded.
I dont care if they are soft or well earnt, as long as it is the same for both teams.

First to the ball usually gets rewarded!!!

Selhurst Saint
Club Player

meher baba wrote:
Selhurst Saint wrote:I think you will find Allen will bend us over more than the other two.

What garbage. Allen is easily the best and most impartial umpire running around. Which umpires do you prefer to him?
The Umpires I don't recognise..

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

not just the umps, but the wce have a huge VIC supporters base!
the whole behind the goals at the train station end will be dirty little wce fans!

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."