Goose

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Goose

Terrible tonight...orst on ground for mine, slow and ineffective...thrashed by Lynch who looked awesome. Goose still not anything like what he was last year....we really missed Max.

I thought we actually really ad a good crack at it tonight:
Roo was brilliant, Hayes and Dal very good but too many not quite up to it...Goose, Raph and Doc Clarke just let us down....

They tried bloody hard though and the first qtr was our best qtr for the year IMHO

Nee!
ben_fff
Club Player

I thought Dal was Worse, he toyed with the ball for too long, had absolutely 0 defensive pressure and didn't really impact with his use of the ball.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Lynch thrashed him, just as much as Glass thrased Gehrig.

We were slaughtered at the bookends tonight.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Seaford_Saint
Club Player

Yep beaten... but isn't the first and won't be the last by the gloved-one.... needs another solid preseason to build his core body strength back to where it was - playing too light IMHO

Failure cannot succeed in the face of persistence......
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Maguire had his pants well and truly pulled down tonight by Lynch, he might as well have not even contested the ball, cos he had absolutely ZERO impact everytime the ball got near them. 2 or 3 good long kicks don't make up for giving away 5+ goals

Raph Clarke showed us again why he still demands 'dud' status, he moves like a battleship, and up stairs he's even slower

to say Dal had a worse game than goose is ridiculous. He, along with Hayes, Roo and a few others kept us on the game

Cousins absolutely killed us

Gehrig had an average game, but 2 goals and a few more missed opportunties means he was no where near in our worst

VERY dissappointing after the first quarter, we were gone from 2 minutes into the 3rd quarter

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
BringBackMadDog
Club Player

Raph Clarke showed us again why he still demands 'dud' status, he moves like a battleship, and up stairs he's even slower
20 possessions only 2 were ineffective played on a guys much taller and absolutely belted them and he is a dud. You are a d**khead!!!! Get off his back he has had no pre-season come back from a career threating back injury and still played better than half the side.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Goose is not fast enough to be a Full back, nor has the spoiling skills.....neither is Sam Fisher....which is why we are lost with Max out.

Max is our only FB option at present. so have to laugh at thos that say he should retire.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Raph is not a dud, just terribly lazy at times. Some efforts to get to his man or get back & help Goose out were very half hearted.

There is no doubt in my mind that he can play at this level, a full pre season might give him the fitness base he needs to stop 'looking lazy'.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

BringBackMadDog wrote:
20 possessions only 2 were ineffective played on a guys much taller and absolutely belted them and he is a dud. You are a d**khead!!!! Get off his back he has had no pre-season come back from a career threating back injury and still played better than half the side.
did u watch the game or just read the stats?

does it say in the stats how many goals his opponent kicked by his lack of any defensive skill?

does it say in the stats all the times he lost us a contest because he is slower than the QEII, and has an even worse turning circle?

does it say in the stats all the times he went 3rd man up in a contest, was completely ineffective, and his direct opponent got the spilage and WC the advantage?

does it ay in the stats all the times he took the 3rd best option, instead of 1st, because the cogs in his small footballl brain seemed to be unable to turn?

does it say in the stats all the times he shirked a contest (i can think of one definate time atleast)?

was easily in our worst half dozen

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Carl Mynott
Club Player

We definitely need to recruit a Key Backman,if such a beast exists....

:P

The more things change the more they stay the same
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

he can certainly roost the sherrin a long way though, one of the best in the business.

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

We should have a look at Boyd from the doggies, wonder if we could interest them with a Barry Brooks, or dare i say it, Fergus Watts or Jarryd Allen.

Plus draft picks of course.

he would be the cheapest out of the best fullbacks IMO.

midas_touch
Club Player

Goose has lost his pace, The Q unit was too quick for him on the lead. However, it would be foolish to immediately expect Goose to return to his pre-broken leg form. Needs another pre season to get back to his old self.

the first qtr was our best qtr for the year IMHO
Yeah it was good, wasnt it? :D

Trust the Midas Touch

"My heart is at St.Kilda, I've been here seven years, I only wanted to play for them." (Fraser Gehrig, 27/11/2007)
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Doesnt hurt when you get the sort of silver service delivery from your midfield that G and Roo can only drool about

Q surprised me tonight. Much more mobile than Id given him credit for. Made Goose look just that a couple of times.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
battye
Saintsational Legend

Carl Mynott wrote:We definitely need to recruit a Key Backman,if such a beast exists....

:P
Indeed.

Without Hudghton, we are exposed there, and Maguire isn't really good enough at the moment to put on a key forward...

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
midas_touch
Club Player

saint66au wrote:Doesnt hurt when you get the sort of silver service delivery from your midfield that G and Roo can only drool about

Q surprised me tonight. Much more mobile than Id given him credit for. Made Goose look just that a couple of times.
Agreed. The forward line delivery by the Eagles was brilliant.

Trust the Midas Touch

"My heart is at St.Kilda, I've been here seven years, I only wanted to play for them." (Fraser Gehrig, 27/11/2007)
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Goose lost alot of the power in his leg when he lost the muscle mass.

Even though he will have worked up the muscle strength, it takes time to build up + power.

He'll get there.

carn_sainter
Club Player

Goose was on the end of one of the more comprehensive baths i've seen

he was just hammered

he was beaten by himself and his man in the air and on the ground in front of goal and up the ground...

he didn't get near winning a contest pretty much

he has no excuses - he himself said he was right on sport927 this week and has no excuses

giving away stupid frees, not near his man, not even giving a yelp on the goal line...

has a lot of work to do between the ears

Riewoldting
SS Life Member

carn_sainter wrote:Goose was on the end of one of the more comprehensive baths i've seen

he was just hammered

he was beaten by himself and his man in the air and on the ground in front of goal and up the ground...

he didn't get near winning a contest pretty much

he has no excuses - he himself said he was right on sport927 this week and has no excuses

giving away stupid frees, not near his man, not even giving a yelp on the goal line...

has a lot of work to do between the ears
Too busy thinking up witty one-liners for his next sheltered media workshop for footballers, i.e. The Footy Show.

Fkin poser

"To be or not to be" - William Shakespeare
"To be is to do" - Immanuel Kant
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
Unforgiven
SS Life Member

Our defence is an issue. We do have quite a few good players there but can't really play them how we want. Sam Fisher is our best defender as we say against Pavlich. Though having Sam at CHB means you don't get as much run and peeling off in general. Atm Goose isn't good enough for a kep position, he will be but this year he is out of sorts because of the leg, etc.. Could use some genuine tall, big defender to take the likes of Lynch, Rocca, the big ape forwards.

Carpe Diem
saintDal
Club Player

Irrespective of getting beaten by Lynch, I thought Matty's disposal was very good last night. There were some beautiful long kicks he did that hit targets. Not sure I've seen much of that previously so it's good to see that side of his game coming back.

spiral2
Club Player

saintDal wrote:Irrespective of getting beaten by Lynch, I thought Matty's disposal was very good last night. There were some beautiful long kicks he did that hit targets. Not sure I've seen much of that previously so it's good to see that side of his game coming back.
agree, when he did have the ball he used it quite effectively, couple of nice long kicks to a target. pity he got smashed doing his main job :(

can't stand lynch, the whole glove thing, what a w.nker
max is our best defender by a mile, hopefully he can stick around for a couple more years and impart some knowledge on gilbo, raph and allen

Saintgaz
Club Player

One thing about Lynch that showed Goose up was his ability to turn quickly and with little sideways movement. He was able to get to the ball too easily and then lose Goose by turning on a coin and making something of his possessions.

Lynch shows what happens when you are determined to improve your game.

One day it's all got to be worth it.
Right????
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

n1ck wrote:We should have a look at Boyd from the doggies, wonder if we could interest them with a Barry Brooks, or dare i say it, Fergus Watts or Jarryd Allen.

Plus draft picks of course.

he would be the cheapest out of the best fullbacks IMO.

Boyd????

Isnt he a midfielder????

TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

n1ck wrote:We should have a look at Boyd from the doggies, wonder if we could interest them with a Barry Brooks, or dare i say it, Fergus Watts or Jarryd Allen.
As the Dogs have been criticised in the last week or so with their "topping up" in the last year or two, I don't think they'd go for anyone of those 3 players.

Come to think of it I don't think anyone would take the first 2 players you have mentioned.