New Answers fromFootyFirst/Board Challenge Updates

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:With Board spots being limited I think it is a poor use of resources to have both NB and AT on the Board.

It would be better to have someone else with practiced Board and Business skills...and one should be replaced.

It needs to be about have the best possible Board Team.....and I think 2 ex players with littlke business experience does not achieve this end.
I have absolutely no knowledge, but I reckon the Board under StKildaFootballFirst will actually be bigger than what we have been shown so far.

I reckon the Ross Levin will be on their Board and probably at least another. The Board will then be 9 members and not 7 as is the current one.
Does anybody know if this constitutionaly o.k.?

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Not sure on constitution of us, but I believe other clubs have double figure boards, so perhaps it is okay to co-opt people.

sRs, I think Andrew Thompson meets the business and footy requirements, given his business background.

I agree that Burkey shouldn't be the face. It's now time for Westaway and others to stand up and be heard.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
QueenC
Club Player

SENsaintsational wrote: Not sure on constitution of us, but I believe other clubs have double figure boards, so perhaps it is okay to co-opt people.
We have ten members on our board.

redwhite&blackblood
SS Hall of Fame

SENsaintsational wrote:Not sure on constitution of us, but I believe other clubs have double figure boards, so perhaps it is okay to co-opt people.

sRs, I think Andrew Thompson meets the business and footy requirements, given his business background.

I agree that Burkey shouldn't be the face. It's now time for Westaway and others to stand up and be heard.
Westaway will make an appearance tomorrow on SEN from what i have heard. We are 2 months away from the EGM so things will develop from both parties in that time. It is best we don't make our minds up now but rather keep an open mind until all the details have been revealed. We can't afford to get this vote wrong this needs to be a 10 plus year board with all areas covered not just Footy Dept resources or the Bottom line.

Bleeding Red, Black and White for 38 years!
Life Motto - Fortius Quo Fidelius
Raph "Cult Hero" Clarke Fan Club.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Burke evidently will be on 3AW sometime ater 6:30pm

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Richter
SS Life Member

BTW thanks all, esp sRs for keeping the updates on all this.

Wish I had an AM radio!

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
JeffDunne

Richter, radio? How old-school.

This link is all you need http://www.1radio.com.au/

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

More of the same....

But also indicated that he was about last to join the ticket....and that AT was on before him.

Said that his group had committed to not doing personal attacks...

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Caro said she believed that the Official Board met today...and discussed a merge, staged transition etc.....

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Oh When the Saints wrote:Caro reckons RB's "people" are telling him to step aside quietly, or work out some compromise.

Then Burkey was interviewed and said that since 2005 they have expressed their concerns to the current board, and these concerns have not been adequately addressed, so there will be no room for compromise.

Said that the challengers have resolved that this will not be a "rough" or "nasty" challenge, and that they will not create chaos, but simply want the members of the club to have an opportunity to express their democratic right.

Caro says things could get messy, and that this won't be resolved quietly. Basically intimated that RB's outburst earlier in the year was the catalyst for the challenge.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:Caro said she believed that the Official Board met today...and discussed a merge, staged transition etc.....
we can but hope

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:Caro said she believed that the Official Board met today...and discussed a merge, staged transition etc.....
we can but hope
That does not meen that they agreed to go that way...just that they discussed it.

Levin for example would be a big loss.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote: Levin for example would be a big loss.
Why??

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
saintsRrising wrote: Levin for example would be a big loss.
Why??
1/His CV is more impressive that Gadankis for a similar role...and for me he would better than Gadinski.
2? people I know have indicated that he is a good operator.

It would not surprise me to see a merger with some standing down and westaway as the new President..either soon or in 12 months.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

well i am pretty sure 12 months wont cut it after a launch like that, they would something definant and soon.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:

I must have missed his business background experience in his resume:

Investment advisor – ABN AMRO Morgans since 2004
• PS 146 Compliant
• ASIC approved in Securities
• Saints Life Member
• 220+ game player
• Club Best and Fairest champion

On purely a business basis there would have to be many many better candidates...

Ona football basis....I don't think you need 2 footballers.

We are talking about a Board of a business witha multi million $ turnover here....which is quite different from "advice" for a commission on "investment products" then bought after his "recommendations.."

They have highlighted that growing revenues will bea major focus for them....so a board member with expertise in Marketing or Business Development etc may well be better for us.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:I don't mind if he is not polished...as long as what hesays makes senses.

Likwise I could not understand all the howling by some that RB was nota plosihed TV performer.
sRr - you've gotten it all wrong.

RB is a polished TV performer, it's just that he doesn't say anything that makes sense (eg, On the Couch last year)

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Here's some of the corporate spiels of the board candidates:

Dana Nelson
Managing Director
Delaware North Companies Australia

I direct and oversee the development and execution of Delaware North Companies Australia annual Corporate Plan. Working with the senior management team, I am responsible for analysing and assessing business development and financial investment strategies for growth, and directing the allocation of resources required to achieve that growth. For example, I have directed and supervised major retail redevelopments at the Company's airport operations in Australia and New Zealand, at Central Rail in Sydney and within educational institutions.
Chris Brant
CFO
Transurban Group
Since joining Transurban he has played an integral role in the significant growth of the company both in Australia and globally, including the successful $2 billion takeover of Hills Motorway launched by Transurban in January 2005, the $1.5 billion takeover of the Sydney Roads Group launched in December 2006, the $2 billion refinancing of Transurban in 2005 and 2006, and development activities, particularly in the US. Today Transurban is a Top 50 Australian Stock Exchange company. Chris is a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Mardy Bromberg is an interesting one ...

He would be involved in the football committee, and obviously he has some experience there.

But he is also a QC who works in the employment/industrial dispute resolution area.

Wonder if he would be involved with fighting our AFL tribunal cases?

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Yes I have read their site....which is where I got AT's CV from.

Dana's I certainly find as an a very attractive addition....

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Oh When the Saints wrote:Mardy Bromberg is an interesting one ...

He would be involved in the football committee, and obviously he has some experience there.

But he is also a QC who works in the employment/industrial dispute resolution area.

Wonder if he would be involved with fighting our AFL tribunal cases?
Might bea handicap....we need someone to do what players from other clubs do....go to the Tribunal and lie through their teeth. :wink:

Telling the truth was a bad mistake.

Seriously though it could be part of the reason he is there....his industrial relations experience might be of greater value though.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote: sRr - you've gotten it all wrong.

RB is a polished TV performer, it's just that he doesn't say anything that makes sense (eg, On the Couch last year)
Even when I was heading up the RB fan club, I always thought he was horrible in the press.

I certainly have never considered him to be 'polished' or 'smooth' on the TV.

I cringed every time.

santazzi
Club Player

Who is Westaway??.............Please excuse my ignorance and enlighten me.

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Westaway is founder and chairman of Gregorys Transport Pty Ltd, which is an Australian Logistics and Distribution company that he founded in the early 80's.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Lets hope we start hearing from Westaway.....he wants to be the new President so it is time he stopped sheltering behind Burke.

If he wants to be our President then he needs to start acting like one....and in partivcular because his initial statement was all about being close to us the members. Well having all the talking done by Burkey is NOT being close to the members.

I am quite sure that Burke doing all the media today was deliberate because he is an icon of the club ........and any resposnse from the current Board would have beena bit like who shot Bambi?.

However Westaway is the guy that is meant to be heading up the bid.....if so then he needs to front the media and the members and not just stick to scripted publicity stunts.

We need to HEAR from him so that we can geta sense of him so that we can make up our own minds as to his credibility and content.