Any chance of getting Butterss/Westaway on SS?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

benengel14
Club Player

Any chance of getting Butterss/Westaway on SS?

I remember the Blue View/TC having a session with Smorgan defending his leadership on the forum with questions from members. Kennett has also made appearances on HHQ if I recall.

Assuming this new ticket doesn't blow over before the next news cycle, where the ALP decide to give Buddy Franklin pre-selection prior to the election. Maybe one of the mods, would like to extend an invitation for a member of the incumbent or challenging ticket to answer questions from the forum?

I think it would be well worth their while of both parties, to communicate their point of view to a direct outlet that reaches a large proportion of likely voting members.

Feel welcome to post a reply if this would interest you.

markinUSA
SS Life Member

If the questions were in writing, before the session, that might give them time to prepare, and also avoid any problems with abuse and or defamation.

Just a thought.

It would be interesting to hear what people have to say.

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 5:32am, edited 1 time in total.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

I think the best way to handle it would be to have a thread to gather questions, and have someone pass it on to the parties involved, and get some written responses.

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 5:32am, edited 1 time in total.

markinUSA
SS Life Member

My question would be this: We've seen a lot of conflict this year. How are you going to bring us back as a united club?

And -- by the way -- can we make this a Sticky please?

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
benengel14
Club Player

God bless the night owls of this forum.

Yes, organizing lists of questions for both/either parties would be good, I'll definitely think of some when I'm awake. It would be nice if there was some "live" component allowing follow-up questions to the incumbent/challenger...but I'd settle for simply publishing a list of responses to the questions.

While offering an invitation to Rod Butterss shouldn't be a problem through official club channels, any ideas how we could communicate to the challenging ticket?...they don't seem to list any contact details except for the ominous text box on the website, which doesn't inspire a lot of confidence.

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

I will have a look at organising something.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

my questions would be:

how are they going to increase revenue?

where are the major ongoing sponsorships?

What happened to the Monash centre of excellence thing back in 2002 or 2003? What happened to their reports on the number hamstrings?

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Jelly and mudwrestling war the winner gets st kilda and a date will elle mcpherson plus an autographed robert harvey jumper.

no body waxing or body grease allowed.

:lol:

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
riccardo
Saintsational Legend

I'd like to know the question we are probably all secretly wanting to ask but too polite or afraid to:

Whats in it for us members/supporters? How are you going to improve things for us as opposed to the current administration?

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

All my concerns surround the planned 'Elite Training Facility' and it's demise.

As aussierules mentioned, we (the supporters) need some indication that the planning is still a priority for the current board, and why so if it isn't.

It's construction, and the redevelopment of Moorabbin, is crucial in the long term future of the club, and I'd love to ask RB, and the new boys, on their postition's on its future.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

who's to say that they are not here already......i would find it absolutely amazing if no-one on that ticket has ever posted on here....this is the no,1 supporters site.....and they are all passionate supporters...anyway...not hard to figure out that some of the club lackeys and boot lickers on here are actually paid employees of the club...

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 5:57am, edited 1 time in total.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

aussierules0k wrote:Q. How long before we can get rid of the Telstra template site?

We need an independent website made by/for the St.kilda footy club. With links to Saintsational. Oooh it'll cost too much. Nah... I'll offer my time for free, as will many other Sainters here.
the problem with that is that as an independent site we can pretty much express what ever veiws we want with out the club ever getting into trouble about it if we were an offical St kilda forum then we would have to censor a lot of the content

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 5:57am, edited 1 time in total.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

You can ask as many questions as you like on the "Your Voice" page of the Footy First website. I'm almost certian that if you leave a phone No or an email addy they will respond !!

saintnt
Club Player

Posted this in another thread, but would like to see how the Footy First group will respond to this:

Just wondering how many other people on here are AFL members with recognised St. Kilda membership and whether they have received this letter. To me, this is an area St. Kilda really needs to address. Usually we are counted as members and receive all the membership stickers etc, but this year we were. In fact, I even had to follow up this numerous times with the club, before I got my tin!! Another question, does this group say whether they are going to do anything to strengthen interstate memberships, because from where I sit, the club doesn't seem to appreciate their interstate supporters as much as they should.

Would also like to see how the Footy First group are going to respond to issues regarding the telecasting of Saints matches interstate. Quite often, if there are WCE, ADE, BL, PA or FREO matches on, they are shown on both FTA and Foxtel at the same time. This is especially the case on Saturday night. The group should investigate this, and more sure that the interstate members are getting a fair go in terms of telecasting matches.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

saintnt wrote:
Would also like to see how the Footy First group are going to respond to issues regarding the telecasting of Saints matches interstate. Quite often, if there are WCE, ADE, BL, PA or FREO matches on, they are shown on both FTA and Foxtel at the same time. This is especially the case on Saturday night. The group should investigate this, and more sure that the interstate members are getting a fair go in terms of telecasting matches.
fighting a losing battle with that one
i have called channel 7 perth about this matter and basically the responce i got was " this is perth people only want to see the Eagles and dockers games " to my reply that there are over 1000 western saints members who would dissagree with that she replyed "well im sorry but the eagles and dockers games will always get priority " so its got nothing to do with the club or the AFL for that matter the local TV networks choose to play the local teams over the selected FTA game (with permission from the AFL )

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

I think we may already be seing a post or two from both camps judging by some of the "new" posters on the forum :wink:

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:I think we may already be seing a post or two from both camps judging by some of the "new" posters on the forum :wink:
or at least people with a vested intrest in both camps.