Very, very interesting....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St Igmata
Club Player

I thinbk its pretty weak when someone brings up "inuendo" but doesnt say it.

Its the spineless way to smear and sling mud without 'putting yourself out there'.

JeffDunne

Politics is a dirty business and I'm pleased to see the challengers are prepared to turn up the heat.

Leo.J
SS Life Member

Here's a yarn for you all...

There was a footy club once called the Devils F.C.

They once had a president and a senior coach who were good friends, apparently best of friends.

They had a falling out because the club president and another board member liked eating wizz fizz, and the senior coach didn't want those elements and distractions around his players.

This and some other issues meant that the footy dept and the board barely communicated. Which eventually led to the senior coaches sacking, well so they say.

The Devils went on to win a premiership after the board was ousted at an EGM and a board who didn't like wizz fizz was elected consisting of past players and business men, which was a good mix.

True story that...from what I hear anyway.

BTW I heard that story in July 2006, then heard it again in October 2006 with a whole raft of other stories.

Dead Set.

Brian Collis
Club Player

riccardo wrote:Sounds like Westaway is making a very serious accusation here.

Could it just be another dig at Butterss and co, or are there more grounds than that?
Tell me who he has accused?

C'mon smarty pants.....

St Igmata
Club Player

JeffDunne wrote:Politics is a dirty business and I'm pleased to see the challengers are prepared to turn up the heat.
Innuendo is dangerous Jeff.
It might be true it might not be true.
What it does do is plant seeds even if it isn't true.

He should just come out and say what he means and stake accountability to it.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

I can't believe people are shocked by innuendo being tossed about when there's talk of a board spill. Politics is grubby, more so in a heated atmosphere.

Butterrs has been a good financial manager, but there is no doubt he was disruptive this year for whatever reason - public or private.

I reckon his reign - necessary as it was - is now over.

With solid financial foundations in place, and they needed to be, we can now concentrate on football. Personally I'm liking the look of a few respected (and smart) former players in the new leadership mix. That aside, with Butterrs gone, the ghost of Thomas departs also. Liked Thommo and all, but he was lurking like a peeping tom there for a while.

What is the problem with evolution ? I think the time is right for a more football-less-business administration focused board.

On a slightly different topic...Anyone read Caro Wilsons swipe at Saintdom in The Age. I've never witnessed so much verbal flatulence in my life. She clutches at invisible straws these days, that woman...

JeffDunne

St Igmata wrote:Innuendo is dangerous Jeff.
Dangerous to who?

Rod's a master at it, just ask GT.

Live by the sword you often die by it.

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

disgraceful politicking from Westaway's ticket...

I'm no Rod Buttres' fan, but there's no way I'll vote for Westaway after that opening gambit....

What will RB come back with....

"We stand for being free of tax evasion, under the table cash payments and never cheating on wives on footy trips!!!......not that our opponents have done that but just to quell the rumours and innuendos you understand..."

Yeah, the mudslinging will bring the club to a new low....well done Westaway...a particularly gutless effort, and Burkie and Thommo, as much as we love you guys, if you endorse these tactics, regardless of the goings on behind the scenes, your credibility will crash and burn.

Lets remember that Rod Butterrs put his hand up when the club was at its low point...we're now profitable and competitive...pretty easy to take over a well run ship isn't it...where was Westaway when the chips were down?

Nee!
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

In all fairness fugazi the question was asked and he answered it. Whats wrong with that you prefer it not have been answered.

BTW I don;t care how a board comes off publicly as long as they do/can do a good job, it's not there job to be public figures but to work behind the scences for ST KILDA.

St Igmata
Club Player

JeffDunne wrote:
Dangerous to who?

Dangerous to TRUTH.
If you're saying its fine to fly innuendos around the place without bolting accountability to it just because Butterss did- You're saying that we are replacing Butterss with another Butterss.(Who just happens to have no AFL track record).

You'd want to think somebody will rise and make a claim to the presidency/board with substance .

Leo.J
SS Life Member

fugazi wrote:disgraceful politicking from Westaway's ticket...

I'm no Rod Buttres' fan, but there's no way I'll vote for Westaway after that opening gambit....

What will RB come back with....

"We stand for being free of tax evasion, under the table cash payments and never cheating on wives on footy trips!!!......not that our opponents have done that but just to quell the rumours and innuendos you understand..."

Yeah, the mudslinging will bring the club to a new low....well done Westaway...a particularly gutless effort, and Burkie and Thommo, as much as we love you guys, if you endorse these tactics, regardless of the goings on behind the scenes, your credibility will crash and burn.

Lets remember that Rod Butterrs put his hand up when the club was at its low point...we're now profitable and competitive...pretty easy to take over a well run ship isn't it...where was Westaway when the chips were down?
I don't think they would unless there was substance to the allegations, these guys would be in a position to be in know regarding the facts as would be the other board members who are jumping ship.

Where there is smoke there is fire.

I've heard these allegations also from various sources, and pre and post GT's sacking.
Last edited by Leo.J on Wed 12 Sep 2007 2:27pm, edited 1 time in total.

JeffDunne

No, that's not what I'm saying at all.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Leo.J wrote: Where there is smoke there is fire.
here is another cliche - throw enough mud and some sticks.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

ausfatcat, what question was asked?

My understanding is that they rolled out their policy of non-drinking and non-narcotics!!!

Non-narcotics FFS!!!! And then goes on to say that the incumbents shouldn't take offence.

Rod Butterss could come back and say " No worries Mr Westaway...well our ticket doesn't like wife-bashing....oh, not that we're inferring anything...just ruling out innuendos and rumours!!!"

Its a dirty little game they have initiated and we are hanging the dirtiest of laundry out in public...

do you think thats a good idea??

They have adopted a very pious position that opens itself to an enormous fall.

Nee!
Leo.J
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:
Straight from the horses mouth.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Leo.J wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
every cloud has a silver lining

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

osama milne laden wrote:"A board of a football club has to lead by example and we will be adhering to that -- that there be no illicit or illegal drugs taken by any board member,"

they should have added

"No falling off the stage at the Testimonial Dinners of Club Legends"
Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story. :roll:

He did not fall off the stage and that is fact whether you choose to believe or not. I was sitting just near where that happened and all he did was step back and there was an uneven bit of stage at the end and he didn't see it. Nothing to it. He wasn't drunk, drinking yes, drunk no.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

JeffDunne wrote:
Dangerous to who?

This forum is full of innuendo. Mostly misguided :roll:

Qld Saints Supporter Group
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Leo.J wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
"Non ti fidare di qualcuno dai peli rossi. E' Falso"

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Leo.J - whether it is true or not is irrelevant...without having the balls to make a clear statement of accusation, or the discretion and character to handle it behind the scenes , he has managed to besmirch the incumbants characters in a gutless backhanded way.

Come on Westaway tell us what you know.

Nee!
Richter
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:
aussierules0k wrote:2 + 2 = 4

Westaway is saying the things that need saying.

I can't wait to see the back of RB. Even if the rumor is just that, what would the players think? Rumors like that haven't surfaced around Pies or Bummers.
Why doesn't he say it then?

Innuendo and mudslinging.

Great start by Mr Clean :roll:
Naive JB. look what happened to Akermanis when he told of his drug cheat concerns. No back-up whatsoever. We all know that in terms of drugs and alcohol society is in a hypocritical mess. No, I don't have any particular proposed solution either, but there's no use being all high and mighty about it.

You say that the S.Africa thing was all cleared up..... yes, by RB, MK and a journalist.... not sure I bought that at the time........

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
osama milne laden
Club Player

>>>Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story.
He did not fall off the stage and that is fact whether you choose to believe or not. I was sitting just near where that happened and all he did was step back and there was an uneven bit of stage at the end and he didn't see it. Nothing to it. He wasn't drunk, drinking yes, drunk no.

from the ten metres i was sitting away from it, no-one else had trouble with the uneven stage

the one time he came into the victory room, after the swans win, was a similar story

also file under when he addressed supporters after telstra stadium game at the sydney function

sorry to go all 'festival of light' on you, but it's not a good look

'What do we eat? -Mussles
How do we eat 'em? - Alive'
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

The truth is out there!

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Leo.J
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:
Leo.J wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
Stay on topic :wink:

Whatever it was...

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
Leo.J wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
"Non ti fidare di qualcuno dai peli rossi. E' Falso"
Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum viditur

Lance or James??