Setanta Sports

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Cam1lla
Club Player

Setanta Sports

in england we have this channel called Setanta what broadcasts 4 matches of AFL weekly. does anyone know if it is worth buying it etc ? cause that will be the only way i can see the footy :S

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

I have a lot of family in Britain and they all seem to think that it is brilliant so I would say yes...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Cam1lla
Club Player

Armoooo wrote:I have a lot of family in Britain and they all seem to think that it is brilliant so I would say yes...
thanks. all i have to do is save £100 for the damn box and then pay £10 a month membership.
it has to be worth it in the name of footy :)

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Cam1lla wrote:
Armoooo wrote:I have a lot of family in Britain and they all seem to think that it is brilliant so I would say yes...
thanks. all i have to do is save £100 for the damn box and then pay £10 a month membership.
how much is £1 in australian $$$$$?

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
my les foote
Club Player

Can you get Setanta without having Sky?

That would be an extra 30 GBP per month for Sky.

Setanta only show three games a week. They only showed the Saints six times this year but who's counting?

Also an hour of highlights on Monday night.

At this time of the year, AFL falls down the pecking order because they show English and Scottish soccer as well as NRL. The Hawks - Kangas game won't be on until 4:30 UK time.

But is it worth it? Yes :D

Win it for HIM!
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:
Cam1lla wrote:
how much is £1 in australian $$$$$?
£1 = AU$2.5 approx.

markinUSA
SS Life Member

I get Setanta in the US.

It's made all the difference in making the US bearable for me. Really felt connected to the footy, which was a huge whole in my life.

I'd thoroughly recommend it.

By the way, it also has a bunch of other TV stations which you automatically get if you get AFL footy.

Good luck with it!

Cheers
Mark

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

you don't need sky to get setanta you just need a digi box. should be able to pick one of them up at argos for around 20 squids

#1 Ryder fan