Pussies by plenty

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Pussies by plenty

Last week, I predicted that the pussies would sink. Well, I wasn't too far off the mark. So, here's another prediction. The pussies will win by 15, no not points , goals. If ever we had a season which underlined the importance of injuries it was this one. The Kangas had almost none (except the big guy in a practice match against us, which I regretted for his sake). On ability, they are in the bottom half of the AFL. The reason they don''t get injured is that they play a "non -reckless" version of the game, unlike our champs (except Dal). Some might describe this version as avoiding the contest - which would be harsh on Simpson, Archer and Harris, although not the rest.

Collingwood have one thing going for them -their coach - who, unfashionable as it seems to be these days - drills the players in the skills of the game, especially kicking. This was something Grant Thomas NEVER did, as anyone who attended training can attest. There is a big difference in kicking the ball at training and being TAUGHT to kick the ball at training. Thomas had a team with natural kicking ability, a rarity at StKilda, but he thought that was enough and spent his time on cerebral leadership training (did you ever read his Age piece?). My advice is to train to kick, train to kick, train to kick, train to kick, train to kick, train to kick, train to kick, etc. Get the picture? Show me a team that can kick the ball to one another and I'll show a premiership team in the making. Show me such a team that has few injuries and I'll show you THE premiership team. Which brings me to Geelong by 15!

And let me say this, this (just kidding!). The best Geelong player by a mile is Chapman, the one player I always hoped would be injured when we played them, he always makes the right decision and uses the ball to perfection. It is not good enough to keep him to ten kicks because those ten will result in at least five goals. I went to the game last night and the point was proved yet again.
Last edited by perfectionist on Sat 22 Sep 2007 8:19pm, edited 2 times in total.

Prodgers
Club Player

funny you mention that about kicking. I havernt seen geelong play much this year so i was really impressed with the way they kicked the ball to eachother - especially into the forward line.

Our kicking was definatly a let down this year - if Roo and G had of played for geelong this year they would have kicked about a tonne each just through the way the ball is delivered to them.

I EXPECT to see a massive improvement in this department next year - considering the mid field we have...

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

St Kilda vs. Fremantle, Round 9.

2nd + 3rd quarters.

Fremantle 4.3 vs. St Kilda 4.12

Had St Kilda kicked 12.4, we would have been 2 goals in front at 3-quarter time.

Poor kicking.

North Melbourne - 0.5 to 4.1 in the second quarter today. Poor kicking cost them the match.

They might have lost by 80 points, but if you keep in touch in the first half (as Collingwood showed last night) the momentum of the game changes dramatically.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

Oh When the Saints wrote:St Kilda vs. Fremantle, Round 9.

2nd + 3rd quarters.

Fremantle 4.3 vs. St Kilda 4.12

Had St Kilda kicked 12.4, we would have been 2 goals in front at 3-quarter time.

Poor kicking.

North Melbourne - 0.5 to 4.1 in the second quarter today. Poor kicking cost them the match.

They might have lost by 80 points, but if you keep in touch in the first half (as Collingwood showed last night) the momentum of the game changes dramatically.
terrible kicking for goal has always been an icon of st kilda from as long as i can remember....

sad really

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

I think that PA will the cats a bit ofa fright..

The Pies have shown that the cats are vanerable to run, pace and good tackling.

The Power are good at all of these and are much quicker than the Pies.

Ottens gave the Cats an advantage in the ruck...but the Power have good rucks too.

I think it will be an intresting game.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Wouldn't be so sure of that..think that Port will push the pussies al lthe way...

Have the skill[with Pearce,Burgornes etc] and GF experience[9 from04] and most importantly are not expected to win...think they are a red hot chance..will have a go at the odds with my pocket as well.....

It ain't over yet :twisted:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.