has watching the saints ever made you cry??

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

sainter#4
Club Player

that game against west coast at the dome when we drew..BLEW i think a 2 or 3 goal lead in the last 5 minutes
um...the game maxy cried we blew a 5 goal lead in the 2nd half i think :evil: :evil: :evil:
and the port final because of GUERRA
that was probley the only game i cried the rest i was really really pissed off

jk23
Club Player

When Kosi was Knocked out :cry:

SaintWal
Club Player

August 1992 - Fitzroy - Last game at Moorabbin

End of an ERA

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

What about the day at VFL park after Trevor Barker had died. We either played the hawks or the dogs. That was a very sad day.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:What about the day at VFL park after Trevor Barker had died. We either played the hawks or the dogs. That was a very sad day.
Was the dogs, the same day that idiot went nuts at Port Arthur. Very sad day indeed.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
tomnz
Club Player

Kosi's thumb up from stretcher to supporter after knock from Dog's game.

snoopygirl
SS Life Member

God, I must be a big sook. I can get a tear in the eye just talking about the Saints. :oops:

The Craw
Club Player

At every home game at the Dome when I go and shell out my hard earned on a beer.....that tax cut from howard will really come in handy.

Not Craw, CRAW!
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

The Craw wrote:At every home game at the Dome when I go and shell out my hard earned on a beer.....that tax cut from howard will really come in handy.
You should do what I do , The Craw, get tanked on homebrew (thus avoiding the tax on alcohol) then get wheeled into the ground on a trolley.

Of course I wouldn't accept the tax cut though, that would be wrong.

*Allegedly.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
maverick
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:What about the day at VFL park after Trevor Barker had died. We either played the hawks or the dogs. That was a very sad day.
Was the dogs, the same day that idiot went nuts at Port Arthur. Very sad day indeed.
Yeah, I remember that day clearly, never forget it.

97 GF for mine, what a waste.

The Craw
Club Player

satchmo wrote: You should do what I do , The Craw, get tanked on homebrew (thus avoiding the tax on alcohol) then get wheeled into the ground on a trolley.

Of course I wouldn't accept the tax cut though, that would be wrong.
Nah I have resorted to doing what my roll model AFL footballers do and I just think I'm at the game....... I think I've just seen a Leprechaun..... its ok it was princess di.

Not Craw, CRAW!
nabby7
Club Player

robert harveys 350th
tears of joyyy

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

71 grand final (I was nine), but i was close one day when we lost on the last kick of the day to carlton at princes park one day in the late 80s or early 90s.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

The Craw wrote:Nah I have resorted to doing what my roll model AFL footballers do and I just think I'm at the game....... I think I've just seen a Leprechaun..... its ok it was princess di.
Yeah, you have to draw the line somewhere. Hey, tell princess di she owes me one !

*Allegedly.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: has watching the saints ever made you cry??

sainter#4 wrote:has anyone ever watched a game were the saints have made you cryy or get really pi$$ed off

is the pope german.....???? :wink: :lol:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Re: has watching the saints ever made you cry??

stinger wrote:
sainter#4 wrote:has anyone ever watched a game were the saints have made you cryy or get really pi$$ed off

is the pope german.....???? :wink: :lol:
Does the Pope s*** in the woods....???? :wink:

*Allegedly.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

when we lost the prelim against the power after following the entire game the whole night...

it was my formal night

my formal night was s***

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

Only twice for me
97 like some others

1st game V Demons this year, first game after the old man (mad saints fan) passed away at xmas

Before Im 85
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

04 PF
i wasnt there, but it killed me to see Guerra miss that soccer kick with seconds to go to get the scores level! ive seen the replay hundreds of times since, and still wonder how he was so slow to get boot to ball!
but we cant blame it on 1 player, i believe it was us supporters who stuffed it up by running on the ground and having a party for a few mins when the G train kicked his 100th, and that gave port players a good 3 mins to get together and talk about what their doing wrong, and how they can improove!

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:04 PF
i wasnt there, but it killed me to see Guerra miss that soccer kick with seconds to go to get the scores level! ive seen the replay hundreds of times since, and still wonder how he was so slow to get boot to ball!
but we cant blame it on 1 player, i believe it was us supporters who stuffed it up by running on the ground and having a party for a few mins when the G train kicked his 100th, and that gave port players a good 3 mins to get together and talk about what their doing wrong, and how they can improove!
both guerra and the infamous g century are not to blame

in the end we were kids playing in a hardened atomosphere against a team that were better...

bloody sad though

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2006 wrote:

bloody sad though
omg, i think after all this time of us hating each other we have finally agreed on something!
but i still dont like u :wink:

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:
Saints Premiers 2006 wrote:

bloody sad though

omg, i think after all this time of us hating each other we have finally agreed on something!
but i still dont like u :wink:
wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :twisted:
Last edited by Saints Premiers 2008 on Thu 18 Oct 2007 10:42pm, edited 1 time in total.

milney044
Club Player

-umm i remember wanting to cry when we lost to sydney round 11 2004. lol id become so accustomed to winning that i just couldnt take that defeat.
- burkies last was fairly emotional especially when they played "amazing" while watching his highlights on the big screen.
- wanted to cry with joy when the crowd started chanting milneys name rd 22 2005.
- 2004 prelim i actually didnt cry until the week after when i watched port celebrate, until then it never really sunk in that it could have been us.
- 2005 prelim i was too freaking angry to cry, i dont think id ever been more pissed off at the boys.
- collingwood game this year was also very frustrating, very angry that game, the hawks game i remember shouting BORRRRINGGG about 20 times lol, didnt cry though but boy it was a shocker of a game.
- 2004 win against brisbane in rd 6 was AWESOME and the adrenalin from troy's goal + the crowd noise was unbelievable i think that might have brought a tear to the eye just because of the atmosphere, that was so thrilling.
- also matty doing his knee was pretty sad, fraser's retirement i held back the tears, god i'll miss the big G.

that's about all i can think of at the moment.

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
Nick_Dal_Santo = ChAmPiOn
Club Player

pissed off - yes
cry - nearly

but def will cry wen the great man retires

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Tears after '97. Nothing more to say about that day.

Tears after '04. Watching those pr*cks celebrate the week after like the arrogant dogs they are broke my heart. Especially when they kept replaying that footage of Harvey, the greatest, and Cornes, the greatest imposter.

Huge lump in the throat when Stewie went and had the trembling lip and watery eyes when Burkey farewelled.

Broke down when I heard about Barks. Only met him once but had such a huge impact.

The day Harves calls it quits will be the worst of all. Tears of anguish, sorrow and sadness.

The day Harves holds that premiership cup will be the best of all. Tears of admiration, inspiration, happiness... and love. Pure unbridled love.