M Gardiner Watch Thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

St Trav

There have rumours around for a long time that both Gardi's and Benny's off-field problems date back to their schooldays. Am I to take it from your email that these rumours are wrong?

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

meher, sometimes we receive information that its best not to publish on a forum.

I've received information regarding certain things about certain people that its best not to publish.

it could well be that cuzz and gardi were trouble early on but i guess in these debates we have to carefully stick to whats availabe in the public media.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:St Trav

There have rumours around for a long time that both Gardi's and Benny's off-field problems date back to their schooldays. Am I to take it from your email that these rumours are wrong?
well both went to differant schools

from my limited knowllege on them b4 they joined WC they were your typical kids coming into the club i mean they werent straight A's prefects or anything they were just your average run of the mill kids (with the exception of benny a friend of mine played junior footy against him and he reckons that he was a cocky s*** back then as well).

the story i heard was once any kid gets to west coast it was kinda a right of passage for the older guys to see what the younger guys could handle in regards to partying training and drinking . ive heard of one parent of a player who was so concerned they called the club to askwhat example they were setting for her son to the responce of "boys will be boys the older players will make sure nothing happens to them "

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
The Peanut
Club Player

Dan Warna wrote:meher, sometimes we receive information that its best not to publish on a forum.

I've received information regarding certain things about certain people that its best not to publish.

it could well be that cuzz and gardi were trouble early on but i guess in these debates we have to carefully stick to whats availabe in the public media.
Well Ben and Gardi may have been mates before the Eagles for all I know - but someone will have to put up some specific info to convince me that they were - because Gardi comes from Mt Barker, about a 5 hour drive from Perth.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

The Peanut wrote:
Dan Warna wrote:meher, sometimes we receive information that its best not to publish on a forum.

Well Ben and Gardi may have been mates before the Eagles for all I know - but someone will have to put up some specific info to convince me that they were - because Gardi comes from Mt Barker, about a 5 hour drive from Perth.
they also came from differant WAFL clubs as well

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Hang about: I never said that they went to the same school or that there was any pre-WCE connection between the two players. I have simply heard that they are both rumoured to have been party boys prior to playing senior AFL: Gardi more so than Benny.

Dan, these are not deadly sinister secret rumours: I have heard them privately, but have seen broadly similar claims posted on BigFooty and Saintsation.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:Hang about: I never said that they went to the same school or that there was any pre-WCE connection between the two players. I have simply heard that they are both rumoured to have been party boys prior to playing senior AFL: Gardi more so than Benny.

Dan, these are not deadly sinister secret rumours: I have heard them privately, but have seen broadly similar claims posted on BigFooty and Saintsation.
all good :)

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

So much for facts.

There's a mountain of insinuation in this thread.

This is not a bad point:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote: from my point i think gardy must be keeping himself out of trouble cause especially with the cousins saga more and more ppl would be ready to pounce once he makes the slightest mistake and seeing as though there hasnt been a whisper of him misbehaving i would say hes following the rules

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

being a country boy gardy wouldnt of had too much exposure to the nightclubs ect but you maybe right but from what ive heard its more of them trying to prove themself to the "old leaders" that started the downward spiral

Brooksy_Babe_24
Club Player

I think it is pathetic how everytime Benny gets himself into trouble the media have to make a reference to A player who is now in a different state and plays for a different team.
Gards in my eyes was smart and got given a life line to change his way and from what i've seen about the way he trains and gets on with the saints players he loves it here and really wants to repay them for taking a gamble with him.
he is totally focused on getting his body right so he can play awesome footy again. So what if he still goes out they all do. so what if he chooses to see Benny it doesn't mean that he is doing anything wrong when he sees him.
I've met Gards and when i met him he was very down to earth and friendly only to happy to have a pic sign an autograph and have a chat.
he instantly became a favourite.
I would much prefer to see a fit Gards then steven king.

Brooksy I'll never Forget you

AKA Austinn's_Honey & Troy's_Gal
NEVER EVER BAG YOUR OWN PLAYERS

http://blog.myspace.com/sexc_saz
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Fact Vs Rumour???
Not sure how you would file this but an acquaintance who just happens to be a Roos talent scout, (he's out there watching) has told me he does not think Gardiner has done all he could to get through recovery and his fitness is a long way off No1 ruckman at AFL level.
You have to remember he has had a long time off the field to rectify this.

Also of note is that this particular Roos talent scout has spent a lot of time up here in QLD "lately".

Seeya
The Peanut
Club Player

Brooksy_Babe_24 wrote: ... Gards in my eyes was smart and got given a life line to change his way and from what i've seen about the way he trains and gets on with the saints players he loves it here and really wants to repay them for taking a gamble with him.
he is totally focused on getting his body right so he can play awesome footy again. So what if he still goes out they all do. so what if he chooses to see Benny it doesn't mean that he is doing anything wrong when he sees him ...
Totally agree ... I was told a little about Gardi's family background from a fan who lives a 'bees-....' away from them. I was told among other things that his father is a well known race caller and a bit of 'smart-....' but I'm not going to let that put the blinkers on me. Gardi has lasted 12 months under considerable media scutiny and with plenty of temptations if you can believe what you here.

He is a big mother and if we can get him right we are on a real winner - fingers crossed here and good luck to him.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

well said Peanut....

I just hope if it comes to near the end of the season and his body is still rooted ala Hamill, they can get him fit enough for one game...just let him cut loose, crack a few heads/knuckles, get a few hitouts and then retire.

May as well just do a "My Sharona" one-hit wonder for the season and then retire.

But I hope of course he comes good and plays several games and this is not an option.......

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

andrew Jobling wrote:I spoke with Goose yesterday at a cafe in Hampton St and asked him how it was going.

Also asked about Michael Gardner and he said he was traveling great at the moment.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
smilk
Club Player

Enough gossip! Any news on his injury?

I Just want to know how his foot is traveling. How does he look at training?

I'm sick of hearing about Ben Cousins!! if you want to talk about gossip please post your nightclub stories in the Richard Wilkins thread.
"i once saw a guy that said he knew this guy who went to school with a guy that worked at a nightclub and he said he saw Cousins with Gardi (or someone that looked like him) snorting coke with Paris Hilton's dog"

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Training Report 23/11
El Wood wrote:If no one else is writing a training report, I better do one. They trained at Elsternwick Park (so close to home, nice if it was permanent) and I can't remember seeing such intense football training drills at this time of the year. Hard in and under hand passing and kicking drills. Lots of talking and Lyon shouting "support the ball carrier" and "go inside".

Quite a few just doing laps - Ball, Goddard, Harvey. King and Gardiner together kicking and then doing laps. Kosi just had a massage. Allen had both ankles in ice. No X. Raph involved in everything and seemed to look bigger.

Session was intense and went for over 1 1/2 hrs.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

From SEN Nov 30:
Back In Town wrote:M Drain said that M.G. is right to go. Just need to get games of footy into him. All sounds very good at this stage. A contract signed by M.G. for next season.

I strongly hope he can be a regular contributor. Really want him to play the role Spider did in 1997. Ruckman going forward and kicking the odd goal or two.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Fri 30 Nov 2007 3:25pm, edited 1 time in total.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Part of Mr Magic's training report of Nov 30
Mr Magic wrote:

I didn't stay till the end, but from what I saw....

M. Gardiner seemed to be training strongly but went into the rooms early.
(Maybe went for a massage?)

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:From SEN Nov 30:
Back In Town wrote:M Drain said that M.G. is right to go. Just need to get games of footy into him. All sounds very good at this stage. A contract signed by M.G. for next season.

I strongly hope he can be a regular contributor. Really want him to play the role Spider did in 1997. Ruckman going forward and kicking the odd goal or two.
considering we have a few decent ruckman now plus a few that can break even i would like to see mg throw his weight around...he has done in the past and i would be thrilled to really drill a few opposition players and fly the flag ala lenny...

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
Winmarvellous
Club Player

Can only hope. I would love to see gardi play for the Saints, but a think his full-time rucking days are well past. 4 years without a serious hitout is a long time. People are wondering how Gehrig will go, and pre-season's only just started. All the best, but maybe we'll have the tallest forward EVER next year.

linz
Club Player

Michael Gardiner : THE X-FACTOR.

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

Winmarvellous wrote:Can only hope. I would love to see gardi play for the Saints, but a think his full-time rucking days are well past. 4 years without a serious hitout is a long time. People are wondering how Gehrig will go, and pre-season's only just started. All the best, but maybe we'll have the tallest forward EVER next year.
i really hope we dont play 3 out of g, kosi, roo and mg in the same forward line

we will get flogged...teams will play loose men back i.e tom harley and slaughter us

we will be constantly having shots outside of 50 which more often than not will come to nothing...

i will be dissapointed to see this happen and ross the boss is not slow enough to do such a thing

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Heard a rumor his feet are giving him trouble again, any confirmation?

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

well this thread answers little......2 steps forward 8 back...

is this guy right to go or not?

:roll:

“Yeah….nah””
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:well this thread answers little......2 steps forward 8 back...

is this guy right to go or not?

:roll:
Well I hope I'm wrong, but my pick is that he's gone...

I had another look at the 2005 DVD Grand Final

and if that's our answer :roll:

played FF against Leo Barry and was beaten pointless, he was never used in the ruck and IMO I cannot see him doing it three years on....

Again, I hope I am wrong, but really he has played 3 matches since that woeful GF in 2005 and in those three matches he didn't set the world on fire.

I put him slightly ahead of Rix but really that is not an endorsement, it's more of an embarrassment

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!