New public domain nickname for Demetriou

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

My point is they weren't bashed because of the country that they are from, they weren't bash because of their religious beliefs, they were bashed because a bunch of bogans thought they were dickheads....

I think people generalise too much, just because you are calling one italian or greek a wog doesn't mean you are calling them all...

I have some italian heritage, I grew up playing soccer and made friends with a lot of people that could be italian, could be greeks, I don't know for sure, I never asked because for me it wasn't an issue. I just think that racism is only an issue because people make it an issue...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

Armoooo wrote:My point is they weren't bashed because of the country that they are from, they weren't bash because of their religious beliefs, they were bashed because a bunch of bogans thought they were dickheads....
This report would suggest otherwise.......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_Cronu ... 4_the_riot

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Well everyone is entitled to their opinion and mine wont be changing....

I believe that people are too PC and oversensitive I believe you can use racial slurs to insult a person that you are having a fight with just as long as you're not fighting them because of race...

It's hard to explain what I mean, but I am very hard to offend...

384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

my train of thought is that if Eminem, Dave Chappelle and Kanye West can say N**** as much as they want, then why can't everybody else use it in the same context?

and why is it ok for one Italian to call another Italian a wog, but if a guy from England calls him that, its conisidered racist?

either its an accepted word, or it isn't, i don't think certain groups should have the right to pick and choose for society

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote:my train of thought is that if Eminem, Dave Chappelle and Kanye West can say N**** as much as they want, then why can't everybody else use it in the same context?

and why is it ok for one Italian to call another Italian a wog, but if a guy from England calls him that, its conisidered racist?

either its an accepted word, or it isn't, i don't think certain groups should have the right to pick and choose for society
I completely agree, personally I don't use them but if I wanted to I would not feel bad for it...

markp
Saintsational Legend

Racism is insidious and can spread like fire. Dire examples of this can be found now and throughout history the world over without too much investigation, which is exactly why it must never be given the slightest amount of oxygen.

If people of a particular race wish to reclaim a word that has been used to deride them, and thus defuse it and make it their own then good luck to them. But when we use those words referring to a race other than our own the context and meaning changes. People can be hurt and offended, others may feel emboldened to take things further.

Is it that hard not to????

HarveysDeciple

game over guys and gals.

think we have all had our say!