M Gardiner Watch Thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

n1ck wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:[The issue is whether Gardner has any good football left in him
Thats not what the issue was...
Sorry that should have been "the issue with me is whether Gardner has any good football left in him"

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
No I don't believe I was way off tangent :roll:

The issue is whether Gardner has any good football left in him and I bought up another AA player that I feel has the same scenario

Go and waffle on some more pages you seem to be pretty good at that.
St Fid by your own words you are stating that the issue was whetherGardiner had any good football in him. My post was not discussing that nor raising it.

St Fid...you quoted me.....and then went on about a seperate issue.

The post of mine that you quoted was not about at all about what I had posted and I cannot fathom at all why you posted it and then raised an entirely different topic.

Forum conventions are that if you use the quote box...and then make a post that you are replying or commenting to what the person wrote....and not a seperate issue.

Go back and read again the post of mine that you quoted again.

You are the one waffling.....and it would seem targetting me rather than what I posted.

If you wnated to raise theissue of whether he would still be good...then fair enough....but there was no purpose in quoting my post to do so as it wasa different issue.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Taken from an interview with Ross Lyon.

Man on a mission
7:19 AM Tue 18 December, 2007 | Back

By Jason Phelan

for saints.com.au

http://www.saints.com.au/Default.aspx?t ... wsId=54366

Q: Can you elaborate on some of the players who are still rehabilitating?

Lyon: Michael Gardiner is training really well; he’s injury-free … he had the foot [problem] and had it operated on. We had it done early with a view to this year, so at this stage things are going well.

Winmarvellous
Club Player

Deja vu all over again

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Winmarvellous wrote:Deja vu all over again
Yep, heard the same thing this time last year. Gardiner is finished, so don't go pinning your hopes on him.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
Yep, heard the same thing this time last year. Gardiner is finished, so don't go pinning your hopes on him.
Then why did we hang on to him?

And why is he running around at training?

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:
st.byron wrote:
Then why did we hang on to him? HOPE

And why is he running around at training?IS HE IN FULL TRAINING YET?

Has not played a decent game since 2003 IMO but yes is still worth a punt.

But at long odds IMO

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
linz
Club Player

He's STILL the X-Factor. IF he comes up there is a big upside with a side with one of the most potent ruck combinations in the league. IF he doesn't there's not a great downside as we're paying him F.A. Keep our fingers or feet crossed.

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

linz wrote:He's STILL the X-Factor. IF he comes up there is a big upside with a side with one of the most potent ruck combinations in the league. IF he doesn't there's not a great downside as we're paying him F.A. Keep our fingers or feet crossed.
Love the common sense, a lot of people seem to lack that when it comes to the Gardiner trade, people say that it was a wasted trade.... did we give up anything of any quality? no, if he doesn't come good will there be any downside to the club? no, however if he comes good the payoffs could be enormous...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Vodka Vixen
Club Player

Put your faith in King Saintsfans, thats who you people need to hope and pray for. He is your man not the Big No Show.

The Big No Show was a smart punt that wont pay off. So what, big deal. You got him for nothing anyway! Infact Im preety confident I earn more money than old no show these days.

Ohwell, such is life as they say in the classics.

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

Gardigirl wrote:Put your faith in King Saintsfans, thats who you people need to hope and pray for. He is your man not the Big No Show.

The Big No Show was a smart punt that wont pay off. So what, big deal. You got him for nothing anyway! Infact Im preety confident I earn more money than old no show these days.

makes a change from your upbeat talking up of gardi...no longer a favourite of yours?

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Gardigirl wrote:Put your faith in King Saintsfans, thats who you people need to hope and pray for. He is your man not the Big No Show.

Contact HSVKing if you want to change your username :wink: :wink:

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:

Beware a woman scorned???????

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Whats happened gardigirl?? THis time last year you were defending him to the hilt against any and all criticism, yet now you've popped out from the woodwork and sledge him at every opportunity..whats the deal??

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Vodka Vixen
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:
Armoooo wrote:

Beware a woman scorned???????
Nope, just a realist. I just read what you all write and I see how much you all love St Kilda (I admire it) and I feel terrible that some are wasting so much energy on someone who doesnt give a fat rats clacker about your club. He cant even be bothered to turn up to your best and fairest or really pull his head into line for the sake of the club that gave him a second chance.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Just maybe that this poster Gardigirl has finally looked at the obvious ....

Has not played a decent game since 2003 or maybe 2004 and has realised what is blatantly obvious ....

he is a long shot and he was a long shot when we first recruited him, nothing has changed just another year on IMO...

I wish him well, but will never be capable of playing a full season, much the same with King IMO...

Having said that they are still good value with their skills and would help with the younger talls we have and also are still capable of playing a handful of games...

My bet is 16 games combined for the two, which isn't too bad IMO

with Rix, McEvoy and Luke van Rheenen training with two former All Australian ruckmen and an All Australian ruckman as a coach all looks fine IMO

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

he might actually give a toss about the club when he starts playing and actually gets involved

it might be a little hard to fit in and see the light when you spend a whole season and then some injured

time will tell however with the trading of king and the drafting of big mac i am a little less worried about the ruck division than what i was 12 months ago

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

In fairness to King, he did play 16 matches in 2006, and 13 in 2007 (combining VFL and AFL).

With his body being in the best condition it has been in for several years, RL would be expecting at least 15 matches from King at AFL level in 2008 IMO ....

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
Vodka Vixen
Club Player

Saints Premiers 2006 wrote:he might actually give a toss about the club when he starts playing and actually gets involved

it might be a little hard to fit in and see the light when you spend a whole season and then some injured

time will tell however with the trading of king and the drafting of big mac i am a little less worried about the ruck division than what i was 12 months ago
I guess your right SP. A decent human being would make more of an effort though given the circumstances of being injurred for so long. A normal person in his situation would go to the B and F and pull his head in BECAUSE he couldnt perform where it counted the most for St Kilda (on field).

You are right. St Kilda obviously have no faith and they have gone and traded and drafted well in the knowledge that BNS is just a project player and a chance with no real prospects. Good on them, its the smart thing to do at this stage. You have a strong list and you need a commited and strong ruckmen in King and Big Mac.

wasoncestkil58
Club Player

Get a copy of Underbelly 11 by John Silvester and Andrew Rule and read the chapter called the face of evil.
interesting reading.

Vodka Vixen
Club Player

wasoncestkil58 wrote:Get a copy of Underbelly 11 by John Silvester and Andrew Rule and read the chapter called the face of evil.
interesting reading.
:lol: Bingo my friend.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

Gardigirl wrote:
Saints Premiers 2006 wrote:he might actually give a toss about the club when he starts playing and actually gets involved

I guess your right SP. A decent human being would make more of an effort though given the circumstances of being injurred for so long. A normal person in his situation would go to the B and F and pull his head in BECAUSE he couldnt perform where it counted the most for St Kilda (on field).

You are right. St Kilda obviously have no faith and they have gone and traded and drafted well in the knowledge that BNS is just a project player and a chance with no real prospects. Good on them, its the smart thing to do at this stage. You have a strong list and you need a commited and strong ruckmen in King and Big Mac.
you are really jumping the gun here

since when did you define what a decent human being is???

shoot me down if you will....but being injured in a new club the whole year...having the reputation he does would make you feel a little off-putting in my opinion

i think if he actually gets on the park and does well we could see a different side of mg...im hoping as i was always an admirer of his play nd arrogance and i still am

i hope he is able to replicate it with us...im not expecting all australian performances however i am expecting the arrogance and aggressiveness of mg

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Oh When the Saints wrote:In fairness to King, he did play 16 matches in 2006, and 13 in 2007 (combining VFL and AFL).

With his body being in the best condition it has been in for several years, RL would be expecting at least 15 matches from King at AFL level in 2008 IMO ....
Yep but just played 6 matches in AFL in 2007 with an extra 7 games in the VFL ....lets not flower things shall we... 6 games in the AFL last year and now a year older....

If you consider another year on he will play at least 15 matches in the AFL ...

yeah, I would like to think so ..........

Truth is IMO both Gardi and King will play at total of about 16 matches combined

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Gardigirl..I sincerely hope he doesnt turn on his friends as quickly and viciously as you have :shock:

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Vodka Vixen
Club Player

Saints Premiers 2006 wrote:
Gardigirl wrote:

you are really jumping the gun here

since when did you define what a decent human being is???

shoot me down if you will....but being injured in a new club the whole year...having the reputation he does would make you feel a little off-putting in my opinion

i think if he actually gets on the park and does well we could see a different side of mg...im hoping as i was always an admirer of his play nd arrogance and i still am

i hope he is able to replicate it with us...im not expecting all australian performances however i am expecting the arrogance and aggressiveness of mg
Decent human beings actually give a s***. This fella does not. Thats my definition SP.

I happen to like you guys on this site and I would love to see BNS perform for all your sakes but it breaks my heart to see some of you expecting him to be anything different to what he has been for the last 3 years.

If he has kept his arrogance and aggressiveness to being displayed only on a footy field he would not be at St Kilda. He would have a Premiership medal, a B and F with the Eagles, perhaps a Brownlow and many more All Australians. The very things everyone loved about him became his undoing, its sad but reality. It takes much more than one or two nice words and BNS not being involved in any more police investigations or high speed car crashes to fool me into a sense of loyalty these days.

If he succeeds I will be happy for you people because I genuinely like you, if he fails I will be just as angry as you all are. I just dont want anyone to get their hopes up.