Won't play R1 !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

35...LEGEND
Club Player

Won't play R1 !!

Michael Rix....obvious.....country footballer at best...cost 2 goals so far

Aaron Fiora...out and out SKIRT.....so disappointed in the effort so far tonight....couldn't tackle Fat Albert in a phone box...fumbles when the pressure is on....Show Pony....seen enough sorry!!

Give me Clint Jones any day...knows what havin a crack is all about.

Huzzad
Club Player

Re: Won't play R1 !!

35...LEGEND wrote:
Seemed everyone but me was bagging Clint Jones only a month ago...Can I finally say...."Told you so?"

www.wikisaints.com - Your Online St Kilda Encyclopedia!

www.truesainters.com - A Friendly Forum Alternative

http://truesainters.wordpress.com - Player of the Round articles, match previews and reviews
35...LEGEND
Club Player

Huzzad wrote:
35...LEGEND wrote:
Seemed everyone but me was bagging Clint Jones only a month ago...Can I finally say...."Told you so?"
Just like blokes who have a dip......C.J. has a DIP

SuperSaint
Club Player

35...LEGEND wrote:
Huzzad wrote:
35...LEGEND wrote:
Just like blokes who have a dip......C.J. has a DIP
He sure does. Fiora needs to take a leaf out of this CJ's book.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

forget about round one.......rix should never play in the saints jumper ever again.......even his mother would have to agree after his pathetic performance tonight........my one year old grand son can mark a ball better than him.....well...actually ...so can my three grand daughters.....pathetic :evil: :evil: :evil:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

35...LEGEND wrote:Michael Rix....obvious.....country footballer at best...cost 2 goals so far

Aaron Fiora...out and out SKIRT.....so disappointed in the effort so far tonight....couldn't tackle Fat Albert in a phone box...fumbles when the pressure is on....Show Pony....seen enough sorry!!

I have to agree about Rix. May be the worst footballer to ever play over 20 games. Fizz was terrible tonight. CJ got the ball far to much for liking. Has no idea what to do once he gets it but to his credit he did get it.

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Final nail in the coffin for Rix IMO.

Gone at the end of the year and I'd be surprised if he pulled on a Saints jumper in '08, unless we are injury ravaged.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

rix=poo

#1 Ryder fan
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Raph Clark....really disappointing....still looks lazy to me and turns the ball over way too much and got thrashed by a kid.

Nee!
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Rix is a ruckman not a back. Backup for the ruck thts all.

Rah was OK. Still the whiping boy I see :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
stinger
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Rix is a ruckman not a back. Backup for the ruck thts all.

i agree....on ralph....thought he did okay.......frees against him were soft.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

fugazi wrote:Raph Clark....really disappointing....still looks lazy to me and turns the ball over way too much and got thrashed by a kid.
I agree re Raph - disposal/urgency/awareness suspiciously sluggish...

X IMO did well from the centre - looks like a very capable mid addition.

“Yeah….nah””
Solar
Saintsational Legend

I have been a big fan of fizz but the last three weeks have been pathetic. Needs to go back to last years form of hitting packs hard and working for the ball. Right now he is lazy and weak around the ball.

Rix is well rix....enough said

CJ kicks like a ruckman, seriously can't see him making the grade, I'm sorry, does one awesome tackle or hard ball get and then turns it over. And it's not just his decision making, which is isn't flash, but the actual kicking action that reminds me of a certain 34. Not sure what we can do with him to be honest, might need to do a blake and learn to rely on the handpass.

Blake gave away a couple of silly goals and raph still needs to prove he is a first 22 player.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:I have been a big fan of fizz but the last three weeks have been pathetic. Needs to go back to last years form of hitting packs hard and working for the ball. Right now he is lazy and weak around the ball.

Rix is well rix....enough said

CJ kicks like a ruckman, seriously can't see him making the grade, I'm sorry, does one awesome tackle or hard ball get and then turns it over. And it's not just his decision making, which is isn't flash, but the actual kicking action that reminds me of a certain 34. Not sure what we can do with him to be honest, might need to do a blake and learn to rely on the handpass.

Blake gave away a couple of silly goals and raph still needs to prove he is a first 22 player.
Solar we finally agree.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

bugger, look out..... well it is feb 29, only happens every 4 years :wink:

did you notice that CJ's and M.Gardiners kicks took almost a quarter to go from hand to boot....

FQF
In richo I trust

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

I reckon there is a spot for CJ though ...

In a fully fit Saints line up, his skills are a little bit more hidden, and his advantages to the team in terms of pace and tackling are really valuable.

Powell's kicking was pretty dodgy in his last 2 years with us, but his impact in doing the hard stuff was huge.

We can afford to accommodate CJ's skills when he contributes well in so many other areas.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Oh When the Saints wrote:I reckon there is a spot for CJ though ...

In a fully fit Saints line up, his skills are a little bit more hidden, and his advantages to the team in terms of pace and tackling are really valuable.

Powell's kicking was pretty dodgy in his last 2 years with us, but his impact in doing the hard stuff was huge.

We can afford to accommodate CJ's skills when he contributes well in so many other areas.
Seriously Powell is Barry Cable compared to CJ.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

this is getting strange now plugger66, you tok the words right out of my mouth!

FQF
In richo I trust

maverick
Saintsational Legend

Not a CJ fan normally, but thought tonight he was better in heavy traffic and made a couple crucial turnovers with his pressure and tackling.

Never will be a world beater but may just need a little confidence with his disposal because his hands aren't much better than his kicking....

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
joffaboy wrote:Rix is a ruckman not a back. Backup for the ruck thts all.

i agree....on ralph....thought he did okay.......frees against him were soft.....
raph was okay and will be better when not expected to hold down a key defensive position. very good half back imo.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:Not a CJ fan normally, but thought tonight he was better in heavy traffic and made a couple crucial turnovers with his pressure and tackling.

Never will be a world beater but may just need a little confidence with his disposal because his hands aren't much better than his kicking....
i've not been a fan of cj's either but he made me want to think again tonight. his attack on opponents is first rate. really has a go

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

No one should have to accommodate another players skills.

Skills are so important. s***, they are the only thing that matters at the end of the day.

Everything else is just a bonus.

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

If skills were that important then Dean Rioli would have won a couple of Brownlow Medals.

Work ethic, chasing, tackling, winning the ball, pace and footy smarts are all assets that CJ has.

A team has to accommodate the weaknesses of it's members ... that's the whole bloody idea of teamwork.

You want the sum total of the team = win. We have done that with CJ playing.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Oh When the Saints wrote:If skills were that important then Dean Rioli would have won a couple of Brownlow Medals.

Work ethic, chasing, tackling, winning the ball, pace and footy smarts are all assets that CJ has.

A team has to accommodate the weaknesses of it's members ... that's the whole bloody idea of teamwork.

You want the sum total of the team = win. We have done that with CJ playing.
Lets run through the other aspects of CJ's game that you have mentioned above.

Work Ethic
- Well thats a real 'nothing' aspect that cant be measured.
Tackling - Good, until he wins a free which he undoubtedly coughs up.
Winning the Ball - Yep, until he has to get rid of it.
Pace - Can 'brilliantly' run with the ball....until he has to get rid of it.
Footy Smarts - ...Rightio...More explanation needed I reckon.

So basically all of those aspects of CJ's game that you mentioned above result in CJ POORLY disposing of the ball. IE Causing a turnover or putting another under a lot of pressure.

And except for a tackle that causes the ball to become loose and falls to another St.Kilda teammate, he is next to useless.

Why? Because he cant dispose of the ball.

But you want to keep him in the team because he has good work ethic and good footy smarts. What does this ethic and smarts result in? Good disposal?

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Andrew Thompson AND Powell were also dreadful disposers of the footy (Thompson within 150 meters of the boundary would put it out on full often) I think some are over playing Jones poor disposal. True he aint Austin Jones BUT he brings pressure to opposition players, wins enough of his own ball and at least has the pace to provide some line breaking run and carry (which we dont have bucket loads of) so for mine he holds his place.

“Yeah….nah””