Dear GT

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

We should keep Harvs on our list forever, wheel him out every year for our games against the crows.

brewski
Club Player

Please F*&k off and leave our club alone, you were appointed with no credentials by your mate butteress and made a very good living as our coach at members expense (which you obviously didnt deseve)
You probably had one of the best teams in modern history and you could not even produce at least one flag.

Maybe the members of this club should start a class action against you for
incompetence

Banned by the censors
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Even if it $100,000 different to what you think you are owed. I dont know who is right and I love the saints but if I thought i was owed that much I would take the saints or anyone to court in a heartbeat and anyone who says otherwise is maybe telling fibs.
mate, he oversaw his own appointment in collusion with his mate at the time

what role did he play in deciding his own salary of $500,000 up front, no questions asked for a rookie coach?

offered $100,000 to just go away and be quiet, nothing more than hush money which should NEVER have been offered by Butterss in the first place> money/$100,000 for nothing more than keeping your mouth shut

the man who demanded full control of player contracts, signs a stat dec stating he's not owed any holiday pay

then sues the club for the holiday pay he already signed a stat dec stating he's not owed

rejects generous settlement of $100,000 hush money which should never have been made in the first place

all this after having recieved over 2.5 million dollars from the St.Kilda Football Club for having held the priviledged position as an AFL coach

all this after publically stating he would never do anything to hurt the St.Kilda Football Club

I read that the St.Kilda Football Club intend to defend it's/our position, as paid up members this is our Football Club and I sincerely hope that this is defended, as I personally do not want to see membership dollars, NAB CUP winnings etc...etc... lining the pockets of this man, while they should be helping the St.Kilda Football Club's bottomline in it's endevour's to win an AFL Premiership

each dollar Thomas wants to grub off the club is one less dollar the St.Kilda Football Club has at it's disposal in it's quest to win an AFL Premiership

If Grant Thomas after having been overpaid $2.5 million dollars feels the need to sue for hush money and holiday pay he signed a stat dec stating he's not even owed, forgive me if I think he's being just a tad unreasonable

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Hurricane wrote:I would like to say to Mr Thomas

Thank GOD you no longer coach this fine club. I still maintain if we had a decent coach in 2004 we would have had celebrated a flag. Thank god we have a coach that understands football is a game and not a buisness and that Robert Harvey can still make players half his age look foolish.

I would also like to thank god for Ross Lyon. For his gameplan (any gameplan is still better than none), for rating ruckmen and not glorified defenders playing in the ruck, for recruiting players for their skill and not their story, for not being a walking headline, for not thinking he is bigger than the club, for being a coach and JUST a coach, for having conventional methods and most of all FOR NOT BEING GRANT THOMAS.

BANG BANG
I would like to say to you just one thing...

If you ever shout out personal rubbish against any footballer that has depression, I will make it my mission to see you and have a chat or if that does not work will sort it out by other means...

Just how the F*** you shouted those comments about Nathan Thompson in the past is beyond me.....

and if I ever hear that again I will like to meet up with you and sort it out...

WAY OUT OF LINE IMO

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

St.Fid, that's off topic, this thread is about Thomas bashing

Please don't spoil a perfectly great thread :lol:

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
theghostfromgronggrong

Re: Dear GT

barks4eva wrote:
theghostfromgronggrong wrote: Yep - indeed it did...

but when I turn I turn and by jingo I've turned...

The guy is a rat - a big fat skanky rat!
If you're buzz, then feel free to apologize anytime soon

afterall I did try to word you up two years ago, didn't I :lol:
Believe it or not numbnuts this is NOT ABOUT YOU...

Despite my opinions on GT you remain little more than an insignificant crumb!

Did someone say something about the cult of personality?

You and lard arse are two peas who would fit very comfortably in the same pod - me me me...look at me...Yawn! :roll:

There was panic in the glee club for the word had got around that the ghost of old Grong Grong was back in town.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Lol - Mr Thomas tried to kill Bambi and the only thing he has managed to do is make a complete tonk of himself and unite Saints supporters as one against him :D

Anybody hear his latest?

Apparently coaches dont coach for the money and players dont play for the money. :roll:

I suppose this is why he tried to negotiate a $500k bonus for winning two flags and the reasons why Judd left WCE for Carlton was because of the Carlton prospects of winning a flag?

Cabbage of the highest order.

Oh and AND DONT NOT EVER...EVER CRITISISE ROBERT HARVEY AGAIN YOU STUPID FAT SLUG :evil:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
StSteven
Club Player

and also....who needs rucks anyway!!!!!!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

StSteven wrote:and also....who needs rucks anyway!!!!!!
I'll stick up for him here. He said an avaerage ruckman was a waste of time but a good one is very helpful and that is why we chased Cox wearly in his career.

riccardo
Saintsational Legend

Nothing more to say other than whats been already said.

Used to defend Thomas and was sure he was a good coach and person - not any more.

Hope you are thoroughly ashamed of yourself now, Thomas.

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
Hurricane wrote:I would like to say to Mr Thomas

Thank GOD you no longer coach this fine club. I still maintain if we had a decent coach in 2004 we would have had celebrated a flag. Thank god we have a coach that understands football is a game and not a buisness and that Robert Harvey can still make players half his age look foolish.

I would also like to thank god for Ross Lyon. For his gameplan (any gameplan is still better than none), for rating ruckmen and not glorified defenders playing in the ruck, for recruiting players for their skill and not their story, for not being a walking headline, for not thinking he is bigger than the club, for being a coach and JUST a coach, for having conventional methods and most of all FOR NOT BEING GRANT THOMAS.

BANG BANG
I would like to say to you just one thing...

If you ever shout out personal rubbish against any footballer that has depression, I will make it my mission to see you and have a chat or if that does not work will sort it out by other means...

Just how the F*** you shouted those comments about Nathan Thompson in the past is beyond me.....

and if I ever hear that again I will like to meet up with you and sort it out...

WAY OUT OF LINE IMO
Id like to know what in the hell you are talking about, I never have nor never would abuse anyone about depression or any other serious matter. I dont know how you over heard me abusing Nathan Thompson about depression because I never would.

Besides the point why would you hijack this thread about Grant Thomas with groundless and baseless accusations of me and then threaten to do harm to me. If you would like to discuss any comments you belive or have been informed (incorrectly) I have made please PM me or email instead of accusing me on this forum. Which by the way accusations of this against me are quite hurtful.

I would like to finish by saying that I understand how serious depression is and I NEVER would abuse someone for being depressed. So St Fid is you would like to discuss anything of this nature with me please in future contact me through personal channels that are avalible. Thank you.
Last edited by Hurricane on Sun 09 Mar 2008 8:57am, edited 1 time in total.

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
asiu

i'll take that

think you might have bagged a 'footballer' from another footy side (see thread on depression in general forum )..... that has really upset fid

that should point you in the right direction

JeffDunne

joffaboy wrote:. . . .and unite Saints supporters as one against him :D
Speak for yourself.

Can I ask, and I keep asking, can someone post the actual quotes of GT on the issue?

mischa
Club Player

JeffDunne wrote:Can I ask, and I keep asking, can someone post the actual quotes of GT on the issue?
Wish I could tell you. Probably something extremely trivial and insignificant. I'm just waiting for the 'Grant Thomas I wish u were dead' threads. It looks like that will be the (il)logical conclusion to all of this.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:
joffaboy wrote:. . . .and unite Saints supporters as one against him :D
Speak for yourself.

Can I ask, and I keep asking, can someone post the actual quotes of GT on the issue?
Only said one supporter :wink:

Basically on the night Dermott said it was sad to see Harvey playing the way he was, was a shadow of his former self. Said it about three times. When asked Thomas agreed and then said he saw the "signs" late last year. Basically that he had lost his abilty to evade and was flat footed.

On the Monday on the SEN morning show re-iterated what he said on the Friday night and that because he was his coach was basically qualified to write him off (my term not his BTW). Said he didnt want to kill Bambi (which I found disparaging, but propably GT didn't mean it that way) but thought Harvey wasn't up to scratch and basically past it (again my term, not Thomases).

Sorry not to be more specific. It was more his ambiguity in quoting "signs" and him being qualified to comment and the tone of his opinion that was more the issue. He didn't have specifics he was generalising.

However his comments were nothing compared to Breretons who called Harvey sad. WTF????? He was OK against Essendon, Brereton had no right to insult Harvey in such a fashion.

My beef with both Brereton and Thomas was not the fac they critisised Harvey, but the fact that his game was not that bad against Essendon. He was caught once when he got a play on backward pass and Davy swooped. In that case we should call Mcleod "sad" because all he did last night was et cheap kicks in the backline, got pinged by Birss ad couldn't outpace Milne in a one on one.

It is well known that Thomas wanted to end Harvey's career after 06 season and couldn't do it because he thankfully got the arse. We have a coach who recognises Harveys intrinsic value, not just as a player but as a leader of the club. Every time Harvey puts in a less than specactular game, Thomases ego will be bruised. Last night would have hurt Thomas, but I am sure he will have ample opportunities to tell us I told you so when Harv's has another less than BOG game in the future.

Thomas was correct, dont kill Bambi. Also dont write off a champion like Harvey, it will bite you on the arse as it did last night.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
mbogo
SS Hall of Fame

It was wonderful karma to see Harves spear that short pass to Milne to assure us victory last night .. vision under extreme pressure!
Apart from a few with selective memory defect disorder it is enlightening to see most of the saintsationals comprehend the true nature of this.
Exit Harvey IN I say!
I heard what GT said on SEN last week - how sad it was to see a former champion be so slow and blah blah blah - the real truth is how sad it is to hear a former coach bad mouth a TRUE champion of the game and our club - a supposed supporter of the Saints trying to cut down the brilliance of R. Harvey prematurely. How do GT and DB feel today I wonder?
Some people here still seem to be smarting from the fact that GT was NOT the messiah but a mealy-mouthed moron of the highest order. At this rate his coaching record - for what it was - and his media career - will be distant memories whilst Harves is still delivering the pill lace-out onto the chest of Saints forwards.
Can anyone genuinely say that we over-achieved in that five year period? I suggest the opposite!

This is a team game and there is no room for individuals who think they are above walking through the fire.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

mbogo wrote:It was wonderful karma to see Harves spear that short pass to Milne to assure us victory last night .. vision under extreme pressure!
Apart from a few with selective memory defect disorder it is enlightening to see most of the saintsationals comprehend the true nature of this.
Exit Harvey IN I say!
I heard what GT said on SEN last week - how sad it was to see a former champion be so slow and blah blah blah - the real truth is how sad it is to hear a former coach bad mouth a TRUE champion of the game and our club - a supposed supporter of the Saints trying to cut down the brilliance of R. Harvey prematurely. How do GT and DB feel today I wonder?
Some people here still seem to be smarting from the fact that GT was NOT the messiah but a mealy-mouthed moron of the highest order. At this rate his coaching record - for what it was - and his media career - will be distant memories whilst Harves is still delivering the pill lace-out onto the chest of Saints forwards.
Can anyone genuinely say that we over-achieved in that five year period? I suggest the opposite!
Well in 2004 we were about the 8th favourite before the start of the season and lost by a kick in the preliminary. Of course we could have won that year. The next 2 years when we were close to favourites the season was destroyed by injury so it was hard to guage. But if you hate GT you will see it other ways. I dont hate GT so I hope I am unbiased.

mbogo
SS Hall of Fame

2004 was a great year - or the first half was.
So did you enjoy that Harvey pass last night plugger? Or do you bemoan the fact thet it was only a 25m kick?

This is a team game and there is no room for individuals who think they are above walking through the fire.
JeffDunne

Thanks JB, but I'm still in the dark on what he actually said that was so bad.

I heard the grab of Dermie's rant replayed on SEN. Typical *sniff* Dermie *sniff*.

I expect irrational comments from him and is comments were embarrassing. I also heard GT on SEN after the event, including yesterday, but for the life of me I'm struggling to see why people are outraged or even surprised on his view.

Interestingly, GT yesterday talked up the influence of Gardiner & King in the ruck even though he's the first to admit he wouldn't have drafted them.

GT has theories on list management that are well known, he also has theories on team reliance on individuals. It was why he took the captaincy off Harv's in the first place. He would point to the example of Collingwood on Buckley's retirement as evidence of his theory. There's validity to some of his arguments but I also disagree on others.

Clearly GT thinks Harv's has played one season too many. I disagree but it really doesn't surprise me. It also doesn't change my view on GT. I knew his views on this years ago.

Having said all that though, I'd still like to know what exactly he said other than he saw signs of him losing his touch late last year.

JeffDunne

Anyone that thinks we were primed to win a flag in 2004 IMO knows little about football.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

mbogo wrote:2004 was a great year - or the first half was.
So did you enjoy that Harvey pass last night plugger? Or do you bemoan the fact thet it was only a 25m kick?
And before the start of 2004 you thought we would go so far in the finals. I couldnt care if the pass was 20 or 50 metres. What has that to do with anything. He played very well as you would expect from a champ.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:Thanks JB, but I'm still in the dark on what he actually said that was so bad.

I heard the grab of Dermie's rant replayed on SEN. Typical *sniff* Dermie *sniff*.

I expect irrational comments from him and is comments were embarrassing. I also heard GT on SEN after the event, including yesterday, but for the life of me I'm struggling to see why people are outraged or even surprised on his view.

Interestingly, GT yesterday talked up the influence of Gardiner & King in the ruck even though he's the first to admit he wouldn't have drafted them.

GT has theories on list management that are well known, he also has theories on team reliance on individuals. It was why he took the captaincy off Harv's in the first place. He would point to the example of Collingwood on Buckley's retirement as evidence of his theory. There's validity to some of his arguments but I also disagree on others.

Clearly GT thinks Harv's has played one season too many. I disagree but it really doesn't surprise me. It also doesn't change my view on GT. I knew his views on this years ago.

Having said all that though, I'd still like to know what exactly he said other than he saw signs of him losing his touch late last year.
JD, what GT said the following Monday morning on SEN was that he totally agreed with what Dermie said, and was thinking the same himself before Dermie said it.

That is the same as saying it himself.

Have to say, the comments don't bother me so much, just the fact that they were said after a couple of NAB Cup games...

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote: Interestingly, GT yesterday talked up the influence of Gardiner & King in the ruck even though he's the first to admit he wouldn't have drafted them.
To be fair to Thomas, he has constantly stated that he never said that he doesn't rate ruckman, just that he doesn't rate crabbs. He attempted to get Cox to the club. You can critisise on his choice of Brookes and Ackland as rucks, but it is a myth that is peddled that he never rated rucks.
JeffDunne wrote:GT has theories on list management that are well known, he also has theories on team reliance on individuals. It was why he took the captaincy off Harv's in the first place. He would point to the example of Collingwood on Buckley's retirement as evidence of his theory. There's validity to some of his arguments but I also disagree on others.
True. Many of his theories and ridiculed at the time are mainstream now. Community Camps, overseas camps, multiple captains/leadership groups etc are used by probably every club nowdays.
JeffDunne wrote:Having said all that though, I'd still like to know what exactly he said other than he saw signs of him losing his touch late last year.
Yeah well thats the issue. Unlike maverick, I cant remember GT stating he agreed that Harvey's game was "sad", like Dermott, however he mentioned on the Friday ad n the Monday, that he had saw "signs", without going into specifics.

From my point of view, I think it is a general view of older players that signs are a lack of zest, flair, ect and other intangibles. this is what GT may have been alluding to, but specifics were thin on the ground.

Lance or James??

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

benengel14 wrote:Let's just hope that the $350-odd thousand doesn't end up as a direct transfer to GT's bank account.
no doubt the leach is thinking that right now.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

mischa wrote: I'm just waiting for the 'Grant Thomas I wish u were dead' threads. It looks like that will be the (il)logical conclusion to all of this.
mate, we just want him to F*** off and not have anything further to do AGAINST St.Kilda FC.

I seriously doubt any sane person on here wishes GT was dead. He didn't kill anyone, he didn't commit a crime in the real sense of the word, he just couldn't coach effectively.

Take a reality check!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.