Only disappointment

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

esaint66
SS Life Member

birss's run down on mcleod and the ball spilling to schnieder then his hand pass to harves then his 20 metere pass to riewoldt for a goal was the highlight of the match.

i really like birss always puts his body on the line but sometimes comes off second best.

ace
Saintsational Legend

Raph gets heavily criticised because he is a first round draft pick No 8 in 2003.
Similarly Richmond supporters absolutely hated Fiora because they felt he turned out to be a waste at pick No 3 in 1999.
First round draft picks carry high expectations and when they don't meet them they get criticised.
On the other hand, a fourth round draft pick who does not make it, is forgiven as just another draft "stab in the dark".
To make things worse for Raph our second round pick No 23 was used to trade for Gram and fourth round pick No 55 "stab in the dark" produced a genuine first round pick in Sam Fisher.
The reality is that the misuse of a first round pick can never be undone but it can be learnt from.
Once a player is drafted they all need to be judged by the same criteria, as if they were all equal in the draft.
Only then can decisions be made on players futures that do not exacerbate previous draft errors.

noddy

Obviously from most of you Raph wasnt up to scratch, but from where I sat at the ground he did a sh it load of stuff off the ball. The blocking and run to help out his team mates was tremendous

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

noddy wrote:Obviously from most of you Raph wasnt up to scratch, but from where I sat at the ground he did a sh it load of stuff off the ball. The blocking and run to help out his team mates was tremendous
Many of the TV/armchair critics have no appreciation what happens outside of the viewing screen :roll:

Mabye if some of these critics actually got to a game occasionally they would have a bit of perspective.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Solar
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
noddy wrote:Obviously from most of you Raph wasnt up to scratch, but from where I sat at the ground he did a sh it load of stuff off the ball. The blocking and run to help out his team mates was tremendous
Many of the TV/armchair critics have no appreciation what happens outside of the viewing screen :roll:

Mabye if some of these critics actually got to a game occasionally they would have a bit of perspective.
similar thing happens when there are no leading forwards so a player either bombs it forward or chips it around and fans bitch and moan about the kicker!

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

ace wrote:Raph gets heavily criticised because he is a first round draft pick No 8 in 2003.
<snip>
Yeah I agree ACE, I think it is better to rate 1st round draft picks with those drafted around the player. Personally I think that 2003 was a poor draft year. A couple of early picks made the grade (Cooney) and Ess would be happy with their early picks. But the best of the players were from pick 30 onwards.
I think what gets up peoples goat tho, is when we waste traded players and swap picks for what turn out to be duds, thats a double whammy.

Seeya
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:
ace wrote:Raph gets heavily criticised because he is a first round draft pick No 8 in 2003.
<snip>
Yeah I agree ACE, I think it is better to rate 1st round draft picks with those drafted around the player. Personally I think that 2003 was a poor draft year. A couple of early picks made the grade (Cooney) and Ess would be happy with their early picks. But the best of the players were from pick 30 onwards.
I think what gets up peoples goat tho, is when we waste traded players and swap picks for what turn out to be duds, thats a double whammy.

Essendon were happy with Bradley?

noddy

My mistake it was GEARY that BIG BRAVE GOODWIN was trying to intimidate but Jarryn gave it right back to him :D

esaint66
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
saint edward wrote:only dissapointment for me tonight was that i originally picked kurt tippet in my dream team after seeing him oplay against the pies in dubai now his price will be through the roof :x
Price doesnt change at all.

oh phew :oops: :lol: thanks for that plugger :lol: :D

saint64
Club Player

If Raph had been awarded that mark we might all be viewing his night a bit differently.

Huzzad
Club Player

saint64 wrote:If Raph had been awarded that mark we might all be viewing his night a bit differently.
Not me. One mark here or there does not make up for an over all average game in my eyes and the risk we take next time we put him down back. Look at Fiora's mark againts Geelong. An amazing mark. Doesn' mean his game was good though. Even if Raph took the mark, it would not even come close to Riewoldt's effort down back against Sydney in 06 and would nto have really affected the outcome of the game....we won, remember?

www.wikisaints.com - Your Online St Kilda Encyclopedia!

www.truesainters.com - A Friendly Forum Alternative

http://truesainters.wordpress.com - Player of the Round articles, match previews and reviews
riccardo
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:

Blame Ch 10s poor camera work for that.

BTW, i still find criticisms for Raph, and I have averaged (gone to) more games than he has played over the last 4 years.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

ausfatcat wrote:
sunsaint wrote:
<snip>

Essendon were happy with Bradley?
No but Freo obviously are!
They picked up Stanton, Nash, Dyson, and yes Kepler and all have turned out to be 50 game players. but thats not the point, We were just talking about 1st rnd draft picks and the pressures they are under. Which Kepler and Raph probably highlight the point.

Seeya