Roo's Goal Kicking

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Roo's Goal Kicking

Very good so far this year.

You know why? Well, I'll you.

Due to his injury, he can't kick too far. And in his case, importantly, can't kick too hard.

Just relaxes on it, and nails them.

Now, onto Kosi.....

I've discussed this before and currently in another thread, but his goal kicking is woeful. And, it's for exactly the same reasons as I mentioned above for Roo - he tries to kick too hard.

Players get confused as to the difference between kicking through the ball, and kicking it hard. They are two very different things.

Kosi kicks it too hard. That's his problem.

Funny how a knee injury can turn out to be a blessing. Once his knee gets better, if Roo can remember not to kick too hard he'll become a true champ of the comp.

hAyES
Club Player

Roo tries to kick it too hard? I'd say the opposite. Remember his kick for goal against the Bulldogs to win the game? Kicked it from about 35m out and it landed on the goal line.

Iratedebate
Club Player

Roo tries to kick it too hard? I'd say the opposite. Remember his kick for goal against the Bulldogs to win the game? Kicked it from about 35m out and it landed on the goal line.
35m you reckon :shock:

hAyES
Club Player

I can't remember exactly where it was from, but I remember it being on the boundary line.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

hAyES wrote:I can't remember exactly where it was from, but I remember it being on the boundary line.
Try just on the 50 for the last kick of the game

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

got nothing to do with his injury, it's karma

Kosi kicks bad = Roo kick's good

Roo kick's bad = Kosi kicks good

Things have to balance the saints forward line can't be that good.
:D :D :D :D :D

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:
hAyES wrote:I can't remember exactly where it was from, but I remember it being on the boundary line.
and he was more trying to guide it thru, not banging it long and hoping it was accurate

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
battye
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote:
maverick wrote:
and he was more trying to guide it thru, not banging it long and hoping it was accurate
He sacrificed distance for accuracy. It almost paid off, and I'd say it guaranteed that we didn't lose the game.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
ace
Saintsational Legend

Last year the problem with Riewoldt's kicking was that as his kicking leg when forward his upper body went backwards.
It is a bit like hitting a golf ball with your body falling backwards instead of your weight going forward. The ball can go anywhere but does not go far.

He needs to keep his upper body still so that his weight goes through the ball.

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Nothing ever really wrong with Riewoldt's kicking throughout his career.

Stats show that he's about average when compared to most full forwards and CHF's of the last decade.

And none of those players ran as hard as he does (not as fatigued)

Had one bad year (2005) but that was due to other factors.

Agree with you re: Kosi though rodgerfox.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

Totally agree, re: Kosi Rodgerfox. He just tries to boot the hell out of it instead of just follow through and that seems to be his problem. Starting to think him taking Stewart Loewe's number wasn't the best idea.

Remember how Loewe would take the most ridiculous marks and then miss the shot on goal?

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

battye wrote:
The_Dud wrote:
maverick wrote:
He sacrificed distance for accuracy. It almost paid off, and I'd say it guaranteed that we didn't lose the game.
I can't believe how much flack Roo has copped after missing that goal...
The fact is his hard running was the only thing that kept us in that game, I'm pretty sure he can be excused to just not making the distance from 50M out at the boundary.. FFS...

How come nobody is having a go at Kosi for not taking the mark in the one on one contest just off the goal line?!

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Lennon
Club Player

Armoooo wrote:
battye wrote:
The_Dud wrote:
maverick wrote:
I can't believe how much flack Roo has copped after missing that goal...
The fact is his hard running was the only thing that kept us in that game, I'm pretty sure he can be excused to just not making the distance from 50M out at the boundary.. FFS...

How come nobody is having a go at Kosi for not taking the mark in the one on one contest just off the goal line?!
What he said.