Thommometer

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

If you google Thommometer this guys myspace is the only other thing that comes up.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=93326540

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

If you google cowboy18, this site comes up http://www.43things.com/person/Cowboy18

Strip poker and strip hide and seek?

Interesting indeed. :lol:

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

And if you google "SENSaintsational", this comes up
Did you mean: sensational
To which I can only answer, "Not sure, perhaps not" :wink:

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Well, to be honest, I am pretty sensational......

:lol:

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
loris
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote: GT is to Saintsational what Princess Diana was to New Idea
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: markp...now you are one perceptive poster :lol: :lol: :lol:

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Going around in circles. Thread locked.
Your powers didn't seem to work plugger66...

But more importantly...How did you become a Saintsational Life Member?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Going around in circles. Thread locked.
Your powers didn't seem to work plugger66...

But more importantly...How did you become a Saintsational Life Member?
having to put up with B4E.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:
I remember your signature late in 2006 went along the lines of "We have adopted a modern game plan and have maximised our chances of success." Sounds like you were pretty happy with our coaching at that point.
That was the flavour of the month at the time.

We were spammed with posts and threads about how good our list was, and the only thing holding us back was our game plan.

Then when we subtly changed game plans and he was proven to be incorrect (as injuries cost us a finals win), the flavour of the month was rookies.

Then we changed coach.

With it came a new game plan. And we took on more rookies.

SR felt vindicated and we were spammed once again about how we now would go all the all way because the club had listened to his brilliance and acted upon his advice.

Only problem was, we missed the finals for the first time in 4 years.

Embarrassed for being proven wrong yet again, he then started a hate campaign against GT for ruining our list (yep, now suddenly our list actually wasn't that good). You see, it wasn't SR's stupidity and ignorance on footy, it was all GT's fault.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
However to say the philosophy and style and gameplan was designed to deliberately lose a game,is, well, fanciful, in my eyes.
Hi Joffaboy..

That is not actually what I said...

What I said

."....Remember GT is the only AFL coach that I have ever heard who admitted that he deliberately lost a H&A game""

So I did not say that he designed a gameplan to lose a game...

What I said was that he deliberately lost a H&A game. From his own words post game he admitted that the Saints could have won but he chose not to flood. So to me that means he deliberately lost.

As coach he could have put the brakes on...but chose not to...and confirmed afterwards that he chose not to.

He did not say that he did not think of it...but that he chose not to and then gave a reason why.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:

I remember your signature late in 2006 went along the lines of "We have adopted a modern game plan and have maximised our chances of success." Sounds like you were pretty happy with our coaching at that point.
MSG I am on record and have posted MANY times that GT's match day coaching POST Bonnie Doon was it fact pretty good and probably the best of his career.

So your point is????

My point THEN was when GT got with the program and started coaching like a modern day coach that our ability to win games improved...which it did.

Hence the sig which was accurate was it not????

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:

So is any team who bloods a youngster (when there is an experienced player missing out) deliberately losing the game?

Where did I state that??
mad saint guy wrote: Did Stan Alves deliberately lose the '97 GF by leaving Shanahan on Jarman?
I don't know...did Alves like GT state after the game that he knew of a way that we would most likely would have won with but chose not to do it??
mad saint guy wrote: Alves did admit that he probably should have put another player on him after the game, so he must have tanked..
Sounds like Alves thought he should of tried something different then and regretted not. GT with 4 points in the Roos bank did not.
mad saint guy wrote:
That is a ridiculous conclusion to jump to over absolutely nothing.

It was what was said...so no conclusion by me was necessay. It was GT's opinion that he could have won. If you find his conclusion ridiculous then I can only agree :wink:
mad saint guy wrote:
That was the precise moment that I lost the faith in GT.
Lets see MSG...April 10 2005.....late 2006...do you detect a gap in time????

As I have posted above post -bonnie Doon GT's match day coaching vastly improved. I have stated this many times.

Unfortunately GT did not likewise improve the other aspects holding him back.

I saw no sign of an improvement with :
*Casey,
*recognition on the need to develop fringe, players and rookies
*list management
*conditioning of players
*ability to work with others
etc etc

but yes post Bonnie Doon hs match day coaching did improve....he evenstarted flooding!!!!
Last edited by saintsRrising on Thu 13 Mar 2008 6:31pm, edited 2 times in total.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

So what were posters Thomometer ratings again?

Mine was -1billion. :lol:

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
SR felt vindicated and we were spammed once again about how we now would go all the all way because the club had listened to his brilliance and acted upon his advice.
LOL..you really are sad Rodge....

All I do is post on a forum.....which I enjoy.

I have never claimed that the club has listened to me or sought my advice.

Nor do I write or ring the club etc.

You really do have no compunction at all at making up things about posters do you?

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
LOL..you really are sad Rodge....

All I do is post on a forum.....which I enjoy.

I have never claimed that the club has listened to me or sought my advice.

Nor do I write or ring the club etc.

You really do have no compunction at all at making up things about posters do you?
Just admit you've been wrong all along, and that you blatantly lied.

And if you could admit you're a wanker, that would be good too.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
mad saint guy wrote:
That was the flavour of the month at the time.

Fool that you are Rodge you cannot appreciate that in the last half of 2006 that GT actually at long long last adopted the modern game plan...with the result that we started winning games..and hence my sig at the time celebrating GT's conversion.
rodgerfox wrote:
We were spammed with posts and threads about how good our list was, and the only thing holding us back was our game plan.
More lies rodger
rodgerfox wrote:
Then when we subtly changed game plans and he was proven to be incorrect (as injuries cost us a finals win), the flavour of the month was rookies.

Then we changed coach.

With it came a new game plan. And we took on more rookies.

Only problem was, we missed the finals for the first time in 4 years.

Embarrassed for being proven wrong yet again, he then started a hate campaign against GT for ruining our list (yep, now suddenly our list actually wasn't that good)..

Lies again Rodge...I posted on this for example throughout most of GT's later years....and well well before GT left the scene,,,,

For example when he traded for Watts I raised the issue of why were we recruiting another big slow forward when we had clear defincies in our list.
rodgerfox wrote:

You see, it wasn't SR's stupidity and ignorance on footy, it was all GT's fault.
The sad ad thing Rodger is that you think:

rookies

player conditioning

list management

gameplan

are somehow flavour of the month.....or things you only do one at a time.

They are not mutually exclusive.

Maybe one day you will wake up and smell the roses that they are things that you need to do each and every year.

You repeatedly lie about me on this forum stating that I only propose one of them each year.

Good working relationships are also something that you need to do achieve each and every year....rather thana trail of broken and bitter relationships.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Geez, enough is enough. Build a freakin bridge and get over it. Or take it to PM. Enough is enough.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:Geez, enough is enough. Build a freakin bridge and get over it. Or take it to PM. Enough is enough.
You will find SS that there is a common denominator in all of these personalised mudslinging threads.

You will also find the poster banned for two weeks was not SrR.

How the mods can allow the other poster to continue to personally abuse and not be permanantly banned with the new forum rules, and after he has been banned for two weeks is beyond me.

The poster in question just wont stop with the abuse and bullying.

Other posters like stinger, teflon, b4e. and even myself have tempered their posting and dont personally abuse, and the forum has been improved greatly

The mods have to step in and ban the poster permanently. It is apparent the poster is incapable of having an alternate view put to him without flying off the handle and abusing.

C'Mon mods - do something.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

That's really funny Joffaboy.

Whilst you're squealing and moaning and crying to the mods, you obviously missed SR calling me a liar and a fool.

You must have also missed me being called a nuffie, apologist, simpleton, challenged and many more quite humerous names.

Now, if I was a little whiny sook, I'd complain to the mods.

But why would I? It's footy forum. If people get offended by someone 'personally' abusing them (I find that funny as it's the most impersonal form of communication that exists) then frankly, they should get fair dinkum.

And when you stop crying like a baby, you better edit your own posts where you suggest people are lying and that their personal opinions are born of intolerance and hate. That's pretty personal. And very offensive.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:

Whilst you're squealing and moaning and crying to the mods, you obviously missed SR calling me a liar

Rodg after you repeatedly lied about my past posts in this string, yes I itemisied in a post which things you were lieing about with respect to me, and also showed how and why there were lies.

I have replied to your lies which were attack on me. In short I have called you a liar for lying about me. A practice which you repeatedly do.

I welcome you to find one instance where in a normal string that I have come out and called you a liar first and without proof.

I also ask you to prove where I have actually ever lied on this forum.

This is your chance to put up...or shut up.

You have stated repeatedly, repeatedly, that I lie and so it should therefore be very easy for you to back up your claims right here and now.

Go for it..
Last edited by saintsRrising on Fri 14 Mar 2008 9:03am, edited 1 time in total.

markp
Saintsational Legend

You have all taken a perfectly innocent and benign concept like a 'Thommometer' and turned it into something provocative and divisive... how did this happen?

:wink:

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:You have all taken a perfectly innocent and benign concept like a 'Thommometer' and turned it into something provocative and divisive... how did this happen?

Perhaps if I called you a liar and a wanker repeatedly?????

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:

Whilst you're squealing and moaning and crying to the mods, you obviously missed SR calling me a liar.
Rodg after you repeatedly lied about my past posts in this string, yes I itemisied in a post which things you were lieing about with respect to me, and also showed how and why there were lies.

I have replied to your lies which were attack on me. In short I have called you a liar for lying about me. A practice which you repeatedly do.
Please don't call me a liar.

It's very hurtful and offensive.

<boo hoo. sob sob. sniff sniff>

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

I will ignore your obvious baiting Rodge...and once again extend the invitation to you back up your repeated claims that I am a Liar.

Please post instances. Go for it.

markp
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
markp wrote:You have all taken a perfectly innocent and benign concept like a 'Thommometer' and turned it into something provocative and divisive... how did this happen?

Perhaps if I called you a liar and a wanker repeatedly?????
Mate, I'm not gonna read the whole thread, I'd rather be waterboarded... but if someone resorts to that then you can state your objections and refuse further contact... so many on this site think they have some sort of reputation to protect, it's ridiculous... you're a smart guy, don't fall for the game.

yipper
SS Life Member

Some of you blokes should be playing cricket for India - you'd fit right in, almost normal even!!!

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.