Match Thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

i_luv_nick_riewoldt
SS Life Member

well i think im off to bed!

Go saints in '09!
brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

Sorry dogs are

spert
Saintsational Legend

Harvey -great service for the club , but one year too many, bring on the young guys. Dal Santo over-rated..you bet, tonight really proves what I have always thought, Shocking effort from all of our midfield and onballers. Lack of leadership.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

Bowie Boy wrote:Whilst I like to be the optimist - I have concerns about the long term effect of this. Other sides are going to know that no matter how far down they are, that they are still in with a chance. This is going to be much worse than a normal loss.
disagree...only round three...its not major panic buttons but still its not...great....

we have to break down why roo was double teamed and why and how he wasn't dragged up the field to get rid of the double team...if he is in the center he is not going to attract the two defenders

ah this is f****** s***

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
savatage
SS Life Member

How can a football side give up after 1 quarter effort? That's just incredible. Goddard, coming back from a knee reconstruction - has shown the most heart.

Bowey Boy
Club Player

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:
Bowie Boy wrote:Whilst I like to be the optimist - I have concerns about the long term effect of this. Other sides are going to know that no matter how far down they are, that they are still in with a chance. This is going to be much worse than a normal loss.
disagree...only round three...its not major panic buttons but still its not...great....

we have to break down why roo was double teamed and why and how he wasn't dragged up the field to get rid of the double team...if he is in the center he is not going to attract the two defenders

ah this is f****** s***
It just seems a little like that game against Hawthorn around 1999. Massive lead at half time then capitulated in the second half. The effects were felt for years. The dogs have made us play their game and they are better at it than us.

"I think, 'You kick a footy mate, you kick a footy. It's not like you've got a cure for cancer. You kick a footy, stop thinking you are so special'." - Samantha Black
kalsaint
Club Player

I cant agree more.

This is reading like that 63 turnaround by Dorkthorn years ago when Timmy descibed the team as not being able to beat the Dimboola thirds and having heads like boarding house puddings.

Yes, I feel so defeatist at the moment that I think of Tim's probable collapse as a coach. Sheeeesh.

How will the heads be feeling when challenged by other good teams. Finalist contenders dont suffer 60 point turnarounds with some contest. There doesnt seem to be much player protection going on there tonight.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

This could potentially be the hawthorn-effect all over again.

It completely destroys your trust and hope in your team mates and ability to beat opponents.

This is really quite amazing. We're SUPPOSED to have a good list, but by the sounds of it we are s***.

happy feet
Club Player

fundamentals

The two fundamental things to winning a game are to man up against your opponent and to lay a strong tackle.

We did not man up against Carlton and got away with it because they are an inexperienced side. We tackle but the ball gets away. When you lay a tackle you have to wrap the ball up and put the player down. The more you hit the opposition the harder for them it gets.

My daughters u15 netball team had more hardness in them than the Saints tonight.

Hang your heads is shame. A poor effort.

Darren
Club Player

brown-coat wrote: This is really quite amazing. We're SUPPOSED to have a good list, but by the sounds of it we are s***.
+1

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

Bowie Boy wrote:

ah this is f****** s***
It just seems a little like that game against Hawthorn around 1999. Massive lead at half time then capitulated in the second half. The effects were felt for years. The dogs have made us play their game and they are better at it than us.
disagree...those years we had obvious weaknesses...we are a much better rounded side although tonight hasn't really been...great

oh f*** game over...we deserved that...we will learn..ross is too clever to let this slide

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
Bowey Boy
Club Player

Bowie Boy wrote:

ah this is f****** s***
disagree...those years we had obvious weaknesses...we are a much better rounded side although tonight hasn't really been...great

oh f*** game over...we deserved that...we will learn..ross is too clever to let this slide
I hope you are right but my expectations for this year have just taken a bit of a dive. I agree that Ross is a clever cookie and clearly the list is better than 1999.

"I think, 'You kick a footy mate, you kick a footy. It's not like you've got a cure for cancer. You kick a footy, stop thinking you are so special'." - Samantha Black
wasoncestkil58
Club Player

Can't believe we could br up by 37 points at one stage and then lose by 38.
That is just unbelievable.
Almost as bad as our capitulation against the Hawks years ago.

Darren
Club Player

Good win to the Doggies, they deserved it. Well done to Rocket, Happy 50th Birthday. :p

LaUrEnCe
Club Player

omfg wtf was that...
was really painful to watch after quarter time...

There is a definite problem with our structure.. particularly forward structure.. we saw a bit of it in the previous two rounds but because it was lesser opposition we thought that the problem would fix itself but that is definitely not the case

The dogs were just too skillful, they outmaneuvered us way too easily and their handball/kicking skills were superior.. that is worrying!
Still stunned :?

St.Walker
Club Player

change your title saints premiers 2008... we have no ticker to win the flag