Luke Darcy

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Aussie Bears
Club Player

Luke Darcy

I like him as special comments but sasying Dal Santo had a good game........ hmmm......... Would have thought Ling absolutely smashed him. I think Dal needs one of those Carlton Wrist Bands

A year that doesn't end in frustration...please
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Dal had a good game, Ling had a better one.....

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
LENNY LEADS THE WAY
Club Player

FFS!!!! It's not always about possesion

Today Dal went hard and was in and under which is what we've been calling for.

I saw Dal kick out from Full back then run to the wing to be a option he was gut running all day CLING is a very tough opponent to bet.

Dal was good today but not great

100 percent behind the saints 100 percent of the time
esaint66
SS Life Member

I was sitting with a group of people that were riping into dal before he had done anything wrong and continued to do it.
So i started watching dal's game more intently and i thought he played a fairly good game, just not everyone saw that because of him not winning possestions, but like what lltw said its not always about possetions. I just thought it was a shame that people with the number 26 on their jumpers were riping into them. I think if they ran a footy 101 class these people would be the people who think they know all but when they get their tests back they will have a big fat F on it.

I thought he played well, shame that lingy shaded him.

SuperSaint
Club Player

saint edward wrote:I was sitting with a group of people that were riping into dal before he had done anything wrong and continued to do it.
So i started watching dal's game more intently and i thought he played a fairly good game, just not everyone saw that because of him not winning possestions, but like what lltw said its not always about possetions. I just thought it was a shame that people with the number 26 on their jumpers were riping into them. I think if they ran a footy 101 class these people would be the people who think they know all but when they get their tests back they will have a big fat F on it.

I thought he played well, shame that lingy shaded him.
It's not a shame that Ling shaded him. It simply shows where he is at as top-line AFL player. He is several rungs below the elite players of the game and that's the reality of Dal Santo's player status. However, taking into consideration the natural talent he showed 4 years ago, the expectations we and many in the media had of him, was that he would end up as one of the comp's elite performers. He has not lived up to that and it's doubtful he ever will. He is not hard enough nor damaging enough at the level of the contested ball and neither damaging on a scoreboard level.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

On Darcy, he just said he thought Boofhead should get 6 weeks!

I hope he is right.

Come on Anderscum and Dipshyte, throw the towel at him.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
SainterX
Club Player

Guess it's back to threats of the Supreme Court again :P

esaint66
SS Life Member

SainterX wrote:Guess it's back to threats of the Supreme Court again :P

I wouldnt be suprised ........ Hall looks like a crim, belongs in a cell.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:On Darcy, he just said he thought Boofhead should get 6 weeks!

I hope he is right.

Come on Anderscum and Dipshyte, throw the towel at him.
for the one billionth time Dimwit and anderson dont give the penaltys out the Try-bunal do that got nothing to do with dimwit

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Luke Darcy

Aussie Bears wrote:I think Dal needs one of those Carlton Wrist Bands
As in "shape up, or we'll ship you out to carlton" wristbands?

Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

Aussie Bears wrote: I think Dal needs one of those Carlton Wrist Bands
Give the guy a break, there is no pleasing some people.
He went in hard at the contest yesterday just got beaten by one of the best taggers in the game

FFS lay off

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

LENNY LEADS THE WAY wrote:FFS!!!! It's not always about possesion

Today Dal went hard and was in and under which is what we've been calling for.

I saw Dal kick out from Full back then run to the wing to be a option he was gut running all day CLING is a very tough opponent to bet.

Dal was good today but not great
His man had 28 touches and kicked a goal.

fingers
Saintsational Legend

Dal_Santos_Gal wrote:
He went in hard at the contest yesterday just got beaten by one of the best taggers in the game

FFS lay off
dal got a lot more contested ball this week. He was often in and under packs.

StSteven
Club Player

The fact is Lingy is a top player.....he does it every week, not just in bursts. Dal was no match for him but he tried.

Their young ones are impressive also, Selwood, Hawkins, Taylor and Gamble......whew!

Saint_in_SA
Club Player

Yeah Fanta Pants has silenced players that are superior to Dal, that's for sure. To Dal's credit, he did put his body in and busted his butt - that's what you have to do when faced with a difficult opponent who is both tagging and running off you....

A-HUH A-HUH A-HUH
Middo
Club Player

Pretty average by Dal,think Ling carved him ?

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
Hard at it
Club Player

Dal_Santos_Gal wrote:

FFS lay off
His opponent (a tagger) had 28 touches and hurt us going the other way. God knows what would have happened had he played on a more damaging player like Bartel or Ablett, they may have chalked up 50 touches, that's how unaccountable and lazy he is.
Why should we be giving him a break?
He is supposedly one of our better players and would be getting paid accordingly. Everyone is quick to praise our guns when they have good games so why should they be adverse to critisism.
You call yourself Dal Santos Gal so i'm guessing you are probably 14-18 yrs old, so i'm sure it's hard for you to hear critisisms of your favourite player but believe me they are all deserved

rogerwa
SS Hall of Fame

pyss poor coaching...lyon shows as much imagination as a fn bullfrog

if lings killing us at contested footy whilst tagging dal santo take the contested footy out of the argument,send dal santo wide wing h/f where i would back him against ling but in a congested mob situation lings gonna win hands down all day

the young bloke from geel was to big & strong for our defenders whats wrong with trying gehrig on him for 10 mins...gehrig was a waste of space & doing nothing up forward apart from bringing scarlett into the game...
could have had a 2fold effect...reduced whatever his name is infulence for
10 mins & prevented scarlett from having a birthday

not suggesting gehrig go down back for extended periods however why not try something for 10 mins....his times up so 10 mins elsewhere aint going to make much difference

its not only about making moves to try & bring players into the game but dragging their game breakers away from the footy

Boppa
Club Player

Saint_in_SA wrote:Yeah Fanta Pants has silenced players that are superior to Dal, that's for sure. To Dal's credit, he did put his body in and busted his butt - that's what you have to do when faced with a difficult opponent who is both tagging and running off you....
No problems with a guy getting beaten by a tagger as good as Ling, but i cannot accept people saying how much better he was yesterday yet he still allowed a tagger 28 touches. That is unacceptable.
He may have worked a little harder but all that shows is how poor he has been so far this year. When is the last time anyone can honestly say Dal Santo gave 100%

Like it or not Boppa speaks the truth
Washedup
Club Player

When is the last time anyone can honestly say Dal Santo gave 100%
Has he ever?