Ross isn't playing, Dal Santo is...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Winmarvellous
Club Player

Ross isn't playing, Dal Santo is...

and 10 posseisions isn't good enough. We had our chances, and betyween him and Gram, we weren't good enough. Gram back to the magoos, with Rix, and Dal Santo to have a good hard look at himself. I'd rather Jones being hard at the ball for 10 possions than the crap Dal served up tonight. If it's good enough for Gehrig, Dal best take a good hard look at the mirror, cos front-runnning only works if your winnig!

pluggernaut
Club Player

grow up winmarvellous - you are a dead set idiot! Dal was the best player out there tonight for a bloke without a player - sorry he was on on one of the Cornes brothers - I think the one who won the medal!!??

LENNY LEADS THE WAY
Club Player

not many people can break the tag of k cornes.

GUN!!!!!!!

100 percent behind the saints 100 percent of the time
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Dal was a f"ng disgrace tonight...maybe it;'s time we just said he's an GHP.....cos he's showing nothing more.

F..ing pansie tonight.....at best

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:Dal was a f"ng disgrace tonight...maybe it;'s time we just said he's an GHP.....cos he's showing nothing more.

Its GOP.

And your an idiot.

Calling Dal a pansie. Your the pathetic one.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

so basically what someone here just said was that dal played well but not to the best of his ability because cornes was tagging him?
is that correct?

SO CORNES WON THE BLOODY MEDAL FOR DOING A SUPPOSED TAGGING JOB??????

gimmie a break, cornes bathed him and dal didnt work hard enough simple as that

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

Spinner wrote:
jonesy wrote:Dal was a f"ng disgrace tonight...maybe it;'s time we just said he's an GHP.....cos he's showing nothing more.

Its GOP.

And your an idiot.

I am (or was) a Dal fan .. but absolutley no doubt there were times he took short steps and times when he just clearly didnt want the ball in his hands.

One of the worst games Dal has played for the club - very Aaron Fiora like.

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
Saints_45
Club Player

If Dal is getting tagged out of games where are his teammates working for and with him. I am sure that all the better teams recognise the need for someone to block for one their best users of the ball. I'm pretty sure Corey does it for Ablett, and watching the other game no one did it for Kerr and that's why he had no influence. There would be more examples but I won't list them

We need to start working for each other and it needs to be someone like L.Fisher who can just give Dal and the others the 2 metres he needs to find space at the clearances, without robbing from our other midfield players.

As for others it seems we have very poor core strength compared to other teams as we seem to get knocked off the ball and lose our footing too easily.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

pluggernaut wrote:grow up winmarvellous - you are a dead set idiot! Dal was the best player out there tonight for a bloke without a player - sorry he was on on one of the Cornes brothers - I think the one who won the medal!!??
wtf? What game were you watching?!! :shock:

Dal is chronically underachieving, and needs a rocket up his arse big time.

derby Street
Club Player

Anyone who reckons Dal never got towelled up tonight is in fairy land. Unfortunately it seems that Dal just cannot break a good tag - whats more as
in the case last night his opponent gets a lot of the ball as well. (admittedly some of it was cheap sheepdog stuff running from behind to a Port player who had taken a mark etc - but where was Dal ?)

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

We have been calling for this for months yet it never happens, next time a player runs up to Dal early in the game we need the likes to Hayes, or Baker to put him on his arse early, just to let him know if he wants to wrap himself around Dal he WILL get hurt, how is it that Ablett can get so much space when being tagged?, how is it that Cousins and Judd could? we need some grunt and we need our players to work for each other.

The way Dal is being treated is getting old, I'd be pissed to if I was constantly getting stakled without any help from my 'team mates'...

Our problems are across the board, too many passengers, not enough fitness, too many fade outs and inaccuracy in front of goals.

PLEASE, if we beat Richmond next week don't come back saying that we will win the flag and that Dal is back, because I am sick of the knee jerk reactions of this site, I can barely read anything on here after a loss.

Round 9 vs the lions will be our next big challenge, we are deplorable interstate and that is something we really need to look at, the word should go out that if you are not willing to shepherd, tackle and put in double efforts you will not be playing against Melbourne in round 10.

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:

Its GOP.

And your an idiot.

Shut up keyboard hero!!!! You speak so much dribble on this forum,and you're always the first to make a snide comeback at someone.
Give it a rest!

And yes,Dal Santo's effort last night was pansie. It's a shame,as he's one of the more gifted players going around,and just about the most balanced and smooth player I've seen. However under Lyon,he is struggeling big time,along with a few others :roll:

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

what purpose would it serve dropping dal santo?

there's no doubt he's one of our most talented players and one that the opposition always worries about.

i agree that he can sometimes appear lazy and needs a kick in the a*se, but i don't think excluding him from the team is the answer.

to me he is a natural half forward and should be played in that position.

he's more than capable of kicking a few goals if that is his brief and i think that playing him forward gives his creativity a chance to come to the fore.

hotdish
Club Player

If he can't break the tag, he needs to play on the half forward flank. He should be a lead up player Like Ryan O'Keefe for the swans. Dal has good acceleration of the lead, good hands, and obviously, we would love to have the ball in his hands around the F50...

He would be really damaging in this role, as would Goddard...

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

why do all you morons (thats exactly what u are) who are bagging the hell out of Dal, not saying a word about Ball, who played a WORSE game while NOT being tagged by an AA player all night....

idiots

:roll:

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.