Ross Lyon

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

LENNY LEADS THE WAY
Club Player

Ross Lyon

Anybody noticed that he's not getting the blame for our loss tonight.

Nobody's talking about game plans,

This has to be a step in the right direction.

Remember we had missing

ROO
GOOSE
X CLARKE
BAKER

I think we have a good base for the next few weeks

100 percent behind the saints 100 percent of the time
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

he is partly to blame.....

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
LENNY LEADS THE WAY
Club Player

The_Dud wrote:he is partly to blame.....
Please explain i thought Ross was good tonight

100 percent behind the saints 100 percent of the time
Hard at it
Club Player

The_Dud wrote:he is partly to blame.....
Imbecile :roll:

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

for the last 5 minutes of the game we refused to man up...

Ross is partly to blame for that.....

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

There is no doubt he "partly" to blame - the slow build ups into fwd 50 have to be put at the feet of the coach BUT this wasnt the major reason we lost this game of footy. We had enough shots on goal...but bad kicking is bad footy - CLICHED AND TRUE.

“Yeah….nah””
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

He has alot to answer for, surely the pressure must come on him sooner or later?

I had to laugh, and laugh long and hard....

In the first half we had kosi playing CHF'ish with the ball going over his head constantly to fraser....who when the ball hit the ground was dead set useless...

Then we had in the second half MILNE as a lead up foward with Kosi STILL playing to far up the ground to be of any effect!

God damn embarassing. Amateur hour at the dome. Lyon has absolutely no respect in this house. Its just pathetic. Though, if he is trying to make me laugh, I give him a A+.

Every week that goes by further goes to show howe much of a non clue this guy has. Yes the players arent helping the cause, but in my mind, Lyon is now a dud.

Sad but true.

Winmarvellous
Club Player

As is Kosi. He should still be able to get a kick up the ground.

Sad but true.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

True WM, but it all comes back to gameplan and understanding between the players dosent it? I mean, it dosent take a rocket scientist to figure Kosi in tonights case, is best left foward. Jesus, at the very least move him from a CHF roaming posi if your going to go over his head... to bloody milne if all people!!! :twisted: :shock: :twisted:

And as for milne as a leading foward, who the hell knows? It does show though RL must be half asleep. Just as he sounds when he talks. OTOH, maybe he aint just excited at all with the cattle he has. Couldnt blame him for that.

Saintlyone
Club Player

We're also missing a little bit of passion in case you havent noticed. Please comment on this factor !!!

JeffDunne

We sacked a coach because he couldn't speak generation "Y" . . . and replaced him with one that tells us weekly that the players aren't getting his message.

How much did we pay those consultants again? :oops:

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Enough about the coach...face it, whether we have Grant Thomas, Ross Lyon or even Leigh Matthews coaching this squad, sooner or later we have to accept the fact that we are a good team, just not that good. We were very good once, had a window and didn't take it. Simple as that.

JeffDunne

The team we had on the park tonight was good enough to beat the opposition but we didn't.

Who should we blame for that?

BakesFan
SS Life Member

There are 18 players on the paddock and with the exception of 3 champions, they are not playing committed footy.
There are some who are lazy (or is it fear?), some who hesitate, and some who frankly look disinterested.

HARVEY!!, Ball, Hayes.... draw a line in the list after these champs and every player we've got needs to have a serious look at themselves.

RL needs to get into their heads and switch these blokes on.
We seem to have lost the excitement, confidence and joy reqiured to play footy at this level.
Where's the aggression and arrogance to take on teams and maul them?
Our list is a hell of alot better than what we've been showing.

Do these blokes even realise how lucky they are to be playing alongside Banger????? If his presence alone doesn't make you stand taller, you shouldn't be playing footy!!
Play some footy, Saints!! Have some fun out there!!

GO FOR IT!! FFS!!!!!!!

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
Baz1970

Heard Ross Lyon's press conference on the radio after the game. I must say he doesn't sound like the kind of guy you would want to run through a brick wall for. Very uninspiring as a supporter to hear him babble on. The players don't seem very inspired that's for sure.

JeffDunne

Ross is too soft as a coach.

I suspect too much emphasis has been placed on making sure they like him rather than respecting him.

Hasn't made one tough decision since he's been in the place.

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

BakesFan wrote:There are 18 players on the paddock and with the exception of 3 champions, they are not playing committed footy.
There are some who are lazy (or is it fear?), some who hesitate, and some who frankly look disinterested.

HARVEY!!, Ball, Hayes.... draw a line in the list after these champs and every player we've got needs to have a serious look at themselves.

RL needs to get into their heads and switch these blokes on.
We seem to have lost the excitement, confidence and joy reqiured to play footy at this level.
Where's the aggression and arrogance to take on teams and maul them?
Our list is a hell of alot better than what we've been showing.

Do these blokes even realise how lucky they are to be playing alongside Banger????? If his presence alone doesn't make you stand taller, you shouldn't be playing footy!!
Play some footy, Saints!! Have some fun out there!!

GO FOR IT!! FFS!!!!!!!
Think you are spot on there Bakes Fan, only I would add S. Fischer and Max to your top 3. and Roo if he wasn't injured.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

we haven't got the run that other sides have, how many times did you see us with the ball last night and no one to give it to, happened against Footscray, Richmond.
If we can't take the contested marks we fail.
We need some speed in the leg department.

Winmar7Fan
Club Player

Whats really frustrating me at the moment is all these goals we're regularly allowing sides to get lately within the last dying minute or so of a quarter.

Winmar7Fan
Club Player

JeffDunne wrote:The team we had on the park tonight was good enough to beat the opposition but we didn't.

Who should we blame for that?

I think its not a matter of players , and coaches it doesnt matter if we had Jesus Christ coaching us and the Hawthorn list of players ive said for a long time i believe our problem runs deeper than that.

spert
Saintsational Legend

I've changed my mind about RL -he is slowly losing my support. If the team don't play to plan, then he has to wear the fault. I am really losing interest in watching us play with the current style and lack of structure in the forward line. unfortunately we will not win many games purely on the effort of a few gun players -the best TEAM won last night.

sax
Club Player

It wasn't RL's fault!!! Look at the stats!! Smashed them 16-6 in clearances, had 2 more inside 50s for the game, we only had 8 possesions less than them, but we had 9 players with less than 10 possesions, they had 2!! TOO MANY PASSENGERS!!!! That's why we lost!!!

taz
Club Player

agree with sax

ITS the Passengers !

a premiership team has none ! rather they wlll have an abundance of players on the outside trying to break into the team. Half of our player look like they are trying to get out of the team by half time. Standing around with their hands on their hips hoping the ball doesn't come to them.

Doesn't look good into the future.....................

Moorabbin Saints
Club Player

I thought our gameplan was more or less a step in the right direction. When we got held up and couldn't find a target going forward, we had to revert to chipping it around. But after doing that for a few minutes to try and see an opening, we turned it over time and time again.

Why in gods name we had Milne leading from the goal square in the last quarter I don't know.

Also why don't we ever go to Kosi 1 on 1, he could probably beat most backmen, if not get a free.

Saints43
Club Player

Ross brought two of the passengers to the club. And selects them.