Gram and Dal

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Gram and Dal

Hit back at critics again....it must be embarrassing bagging these two, only to be eating your word eventually. Why does this happen, they have the ability to tear games apart.....when they do, they make some eat umble pie...

Gram has finished 2nd and 5th in the B&F last two seasons....Dal has finished top 4 every season since 2004....they can play a bit..

I called for Gram and Schnieder to be dropped....they have had poor form, and for Dal to be started on the pine....I guess all they needed was a wake up call...from the coach, and a chance to prove themseleves...

Did we see Dals chase i the last 20 secs of the game....not bad from a guy whi NEVER chases..

LENNY LEADS THE WAY
Club Player

Simple fact is u put a cornes or a ling on Dal and he struggles and we just happened to play the cats and power close together making Dal look poor.

Most elite players struggle to get away from cornes and cling.

100 percent behind the saints 100 percent of the time
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

This is St Kilda's biggest problem IMO, it's not lack of pace, intensity, goal kicking mids or forward structure, it is lack of common sense...

Wow, they played well against the worst team in the league, amazing!!

I am sick of accepting mediocrity, Dal Santo always kills the crap teams, when is he going to have a performance like that against a good side?

Gram on the other hand looked like a different player today, he looked to be fit for the first time in quite a while, so fingers crossed he is back to full fitness...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Saintschampions08
Club Player

Armoooo wrote:This is St Kilda's biggest problem IMO, it's not lack of pace, intensity, goal kicking mids or forward structure, it is lack of common sense...

Wow, they played well against the worst team in the league, amazing!!

I am sick of accepting mediocrity, Dal Santo always kills the crap teams, when is he going to have a performance like that against a good side?

Gram on the other hand looked like a different player today, he looked to be fit for the first time in quite a while, so fingers crossed he is back to full fitness...
Exactly.

Why is it that all of their poor form so far, should be relieved by a good game against the bottom of the ladder team; a team who is basically a VFL skilled team.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Saintschampions08 wrote:I am sick of accepting mediocrity, Dal Santo always kills the crap teams, when is he going to have a performance like that against a good side?
i'd widen that comment to include most of the team with the exception of a few who perform to the same high standard every week.

flat track bullies and i won't be convinced otherwise until i see it against someone who counts.

Unforgiven
SS Life Member

Re: Gram and Dal

BigMart wrote:Hit back at critics again....it must be embarrassing bagging these two, only to be eating your word eventually. Why does this happen, they have the ability to tear games apart.....when they do, they make some eat umble pie...

Gram has finished 2nd and 5th in the B&F last two seasons....Dal has finished top 4 every season since 2004....they can play a bit..

I called for Gram and Schnieder to be dropped....they have had poor form, and for Dal to be started on the pine....I guess all they needed was a wake up call...from the coach, and a chance to prove themseleves...

Did we see Dals chase i the last 20 secs of the game....not bad from a guy whi NEVER chases..
That's all well and good. Though Dal and Gram have done this for what... one game? People arn't ripping into these two for the odd game. It's their lack of hardness, workrate and sometime consistancy (not so much for Dal) over a period of a few games that are the issue. No point making a post to stick it up people at the moment. If Gram and Dal continue to do these things and seem to make a proactive change in the way the go about the game, then well done Though if they go back to their dirty habbits next week we are no better of than a week ago. Though in the mean while, while the signs were positive from today, lets just wait and see.

Carpe Diem
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Seriously mate....if you do not believe Dal has played a good game against decent opposition...you are an IDIOT....maybe get the tapes of some of our finals games :roll:

I laugh when people bag Dal.......a fairly decorated player for a 24yo......so I am not the only one who thinks he can play

...same with Gram actually

Winmarvellous
Club Player

If Gram can play well, chase hard and lay some tackles over the next month as opposed to one game aginst crap opposition, I'll gladly eat humble pie. Still don't think he should've been out there today quite honestly. One good game in five does not a champion make.

howlinwolf
Club Player

I was at the game today and watched Gram with interest. His tackling, or attempt there of is not up to the required standard. Also his options are more often than not, the wrong one.
He delivered an improvement today on his form this year but I think he's done well to get a 3 year deal imo.
Thought Dal played well but was non plussed a few times to see him completely stationary a few times with a team mate 10 metres away looking desperately for an option. Is it his fitness ? Or maybe he just covers more ground than I think ?
Last edited by howlinwolf on Sun 01 Jun 2008 7:44pm, edited 1 time in total.

Saintschampions08
Club Player

BigMart wrote:Seriously mate....if you do not believe Dal has played a good game against decent opposition...you are an IDIOT....maybe get the tapes of some of our finals games :roll:

I laugh when people bag Dal.......a fairly decorated player for a 24yo......so I am not the only one who thinks he can play

He has.

But he doesn't play good games against decent opposition often enough.

Happened last year.

Happened this year.

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

BigMart wrote:Seriously mate....if you do not believe Dal has played a good game against decent opposition...you are an IDIOT....maybe get the tapes of some of our finals games :roll:

None of us are saying that he's NEVER played a good game against quality opposition.....the problem is he's way to up and down for a player who should be consistently that good week in week out.....but he struggles against the good teams these days and disappears even more once he's tagged.

We just expect more from him and considering how good we know he can be, that’s not asking much.

The games elite can't be tagged i.e. Garry Jr

We all want to see Dal develop the ability to break a tag and get 15-20 effective posies and until that happens the doubters will continue to speculate and rightly so.

Jumping on people for him playing well against the WORST team in the league is not a very good platform to base your argument on.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

NO.....pointing out four straight top 4 finishes in the B&F.......two in prelim finals teams.....a third in the Brownlow.(2005)...last year he was again StK's highest vote getter.....an All Aust.....will support my argument...

What this means is, that over a long period of time.....there has been roughly 36 players on the list worse performed than him......and of the ones better lately (since 2004)....Reiwoldt, Hayes, Ball, GRAM, Sam Fisher.....some handy All Aust players there...

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

BigMart wrote:NO.....pointing out four straight top 4 finishes in the B&F.......two in prelim finals teams.....a third in the Brownlow.(2005)...last year he was again StK's highest vote getter.....an All Aust.....will support my argument...

What this means is, that over a long period of time.....there has been roughly 36 players on the list worse performed than him......and of the ones better lately (since 2004)....Reiwoldt, Hayes, Ball, GRAM, Sam Fisher.....some handy All Aust players there...
Gram has never been AA buddy, neither has Fisher.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Some, would not mean all......Ball, hayes and roo fit the description....yeah...

Hard at it
Club Player

BigMart wrote:NO.....pointing out four straight top 4 finishes in the B&F.......two in prelim finals teams.....a third in the Brownlow.(2005)...last year he was again StK's highest vote getter.....an All Aust.....will support my argument...

Considering Dal Santo never misses any games and the amount of injuries we have to key players every year someone of his supposed class should be finishing top 3 every yr in the B&F. He is still yet to finish there once. He has had a couple of good games this yr but as other people have stated, against rubbish opposition.

Washedup
Club Player

Equal 5th in 2006

Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

I guess there is no pleasing some people.

FFS having such a "Gun" of a game regardless of who we are playing, builds CONFIDENCE... Something that KOSI is lacking but no one talks about.

Honestly, some people need to worry about some players that have clearly done nothing all season like Kosi (which is worrying me, let me tell you) than having a go about Dal....

What is wrong with Kosi, is it fitness, is it that he is being played in the wrong spot.. or is simply confidence?

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Dal_Santos_Gal wrote:I guess there is no pleasing some people.

FFS having such a "Gun" of a game regardless of who we are playing, builds CONFIDENCE... Something that KOSI is lacking but no one talks about.

Honestly, some people need to worry about some players that have clearly done nothing all season like Kosi (which is worrying me, let me tell you) than having a go about Dal....

What is wrong with Kosi, is it fitness, is it that he is being played in the wrong spot.. or is simply confidence?
Kosi is a bit of an enigma,maybe because he was injured so often we could never tell how good a player he is and now that he plays regularly we are finding out what sort of player he really is.........

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Kosi is not up to it.

As for Gram and Dal, come back in 2 weeks and tell us how wellthey are playing.

We played the blind today (no disrespect to handicapped people, just an old saying), lets see what happens with a couple of quality sides.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:Kosi is not up to it.
What a stupid, stupid comment.

You are a complete spud.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Washedup
Club Player

Dal_Santos_Gal wrote:I guess there is no pleasing some people.

Fiora would have racked up the touches today, that's how soft and how bad Melbourne are going. Dal Santo was good today, but so he should be against a VFL level side. His test will come in the next 2 weeks when we play decent sides. It's ok to play well against substandard opposition, but lets hope he doesn't go missing when we need him the most

Winmar7Fan
Club Player

Totally agree all of them have been down lately but up until these last half dozen terrible games Dal and Gram have been great players for us .

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote: You are a complete spud.
The market gardener is expanding his crop..

cabbages and spuds

:lol: :lol:

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:
joffaboy wrote: You are a complete spud.
The market gardener is expanding his crop..

cabbages and spuds

:lol: :lol:
shutup you piece of celery :wink: :D

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

What has Danny Frawley got to do with Kosi not being up to it?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell