Jumper V Carlton??

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote: And I always thought it was Eddie......
Now there's an idea for a collingwood clash strip. White with a big picture of Eddie's head.

esaint66
SS Life Member

Otiman wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote: And I always thought it was Eddie......
Now there's an idea for a collingwood clash strip. White with a big picture of Eddie's head.

Can't believe it hasn't been done earlier :wink:

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
saintdooley wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
Otiman wrote:Overall these clash strips are hit and miss.

Good: Carlton, Freo, Essendon (w/ Red Shorts), Collingwood, West Coast.
What Collingwood clash strip?
they dont have a CLASH jumper, but its called an away jumper.
remember the one they played in against us in round 8? thats the one
Struggling to see the difference between that and what they normally wear, to be honest Dools.
even though it isnt a clash jumper because it has vertical lines in it i actually like it :oops:
it looks like the same as their home jumper on the front, and the back has been changed from black to white, just like i want our jumper to be.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Mr X from the West wrote:If we run out wearing that white piece of crap on Friday night I'll spew.
Correct.

After twenty beers at the bar that is very likely :lol: :lol: :lol:

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saintboy
Club Player

Our white alternate strip is not very good. why is our logo faded out&all cracked for?? I don't know why we changed it aye, i really really like our candy striped one. Wear it every 2nd game, even our training jumpers are better then that crap as white thing.

OH WHEN THE SAINTS!!!!!
HardSaint
Saintsational Legend

why cant we use the 1933 style jumper (white sleeves) with the white back (instead of black)??? Is there something within the AFL that says the clash strips have to be uber modern and dated (within a couple of years)?
and not something from a club's heritage?

saintboy
Club Player

My vote is to get rid of our white 1 A.S.A.P!! :evil:

OH WHEN THE SAINTS!!!!!
saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Confirmed by the club this morning on the phone that the" white nighties" are coming out tonight...

Are going to write a letter to Matthew Drain about the growing wide supporter discontent [would be interested in how the players feel :roll: ]with this pathetic jumper and the need for St.Kilda to develope a strong clash jumper with a predominately red background or alternatively just a white or red back with our traditional jumper.

We need to develop a distinctive look and brand and not wear something that doesn't reflect our Red,White and Black trade mark...

Would like to include some pictures of some of the brilliant alternate jumper designs that some posters like Armoo have come up with..

PM me if you are interested in being involved in approaching the club as a supporter/member representative group.

Sure a members vote would reflect a disatisfaction with the current clash jumper.

Hope we smash the blues regardless 8-)
Last edited by saint patrick on Fri 11 Jul 2008 3:42pm, edited 1 time in total.

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
saintboy
Club Player

Nice work st.patrick could not agree more am down for whatever!!!! WIPEOUT THE WHITE!!!!!!!!!!!

OH WHEN THE SAINTS!!!!!
GrumpyOne

saintboy wrote:Nice work st.patrick could not agree more am down for whatever!!!! WIPEOUT THE WHITE!!!!!!!!!!!
Suggest as a protest we all get bottles of White-Out and mail them to the club.

ThePunter
Club Player

I wouldn't worry guys. The AFL requires clash jumpers to be valid for two years, unless you apply to the league to do otherwise. Geelong did it last year to incorporate their new logo into their clash jumper, and Melbourne have said they will do it at the end of this year.

Considering the second season of these is almost up, I would expect a change for next season.

On a somewhat unrelated topic, we have worn them on the following occasions:

R1 2007 v Melbourne @ MCG - Win
R9 2007 v Fremantle @ Subi - Loss
R14 2007 v Collingwood @ MCG - Loss
R17 2007 v Carlton @ Telstra Dome - Win
R6 2007 v Port Adelaide @ AAMI - Loss

St.Damo's Fire
Club Player

I couldn't care a less what we wear just as long as we beat the scumbags! :twisted:

By plenty too!