FRANKSTON DEAL NOT DONE YET

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

zebraman
Club Player

Any news on the Frankston move??...or will the Saints head closer to sandy?..

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

I'll do some digging tomorrow. We were tendering for the work in Frankston...so someone in my workplace knows something about it (or nothing :P) I'll post either way ;)

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
casey scorp
Club Player

Will you be digging for uncharted sewerage pipes?

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

http://www.mytalk.com.au/aspx/pages/med ... io&w=11075

St Kilda CEO Archie Fraser updates 3AW on the Frankston shift

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

IMO, Frankston is a HUGE mistake.

I seriously would have lobbied the state government to work with the Albert Park trust and taken over one of the many , many football ovals in the Albert Park area.

Who would seriously oppose a state of the art facility with community access, built close to the Junction Oval?

There are many ovals already there, that could be developed and all that you would be doing is upgrading a football oval that already exists.

I bet the club never even considered this, which is why I should be president of this football club, being the visionary that I am.

As option 2, I would build this facility at Sandringham at the Beach Rd Oval.

To quote Commetti, Frankston is the third of two options.

Should never have been entertained in the first place, this is a disaster waiting to happen, FAIR DINKUM.

Collingwood have the Lexus Centre across the road from the MCG and what, are we still looking at developing Belvedere Park in Seaford or looking for any vacant lot in the backblocks of Frankston, I mean FAIR DINKUM, wake up now!

This must make Collingwood feel envious of our situation, they are stuck with the Lexus Centre, while we take over somewhere like Belvedere Park in Seaford or some vacant lot in Frankston or even Frankston Park itself.

All other AFL clubs must be looking on in envy :roll:

FAIR FRICKEN DINKUM, if the Bulldogs can get Western Oval developed to actually rival and possibly even better the Lexus Centre, in FOOTSCRAY, then FAIR DINKUM, get this thing built in St.Kilda.

I am available for consultation, if the board feel they need any advice on how to best handle this transition.

This is what would make us a powerhouse AFL club, basing the club in St.kilda or at the very least Sandringham.

The move to build this facility in Frankston, if it goes ahead will become a liability and has as much chance of succeeding as Paris Hilton has of joining a nunnery.

I mean seriously it's like being inside Amanda Vanstone, the quicker we pull out the better and then we should be fish slapped for having even contemplated a Frankston move in the first instance even if it is a better option than Casey.

St.Kilda in St.Kilda> FAIR DINKUM

AS I wrote earlier, there are heaps of football ovals already all around Albert Park Oval and near Fitzroy street there are at least three football ovals almost a stone's throw away from the Junction Oval.

Why on earth can we not , with stat governement help, develop one of these.

The club should do everything in it's power to base this club back in St.Kilda.

FAIR DINKUM

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:I seriously would have lobbied the state government to work with the Albert Park trust and taken over one of the many , many football ovals in the Albert Park area.
We can't even afford Frankston Park, and have to move to some backwater location in the Frankston area to keep under budget. What makes you think we can afford to develop in Sandringham, let alone Albert Park?

I'm sure they were all investigated in the course of suitable relocation venues.

GrumpyOne

barks4eva wrote: To quote Commetti, Frankston is the third of two options.
I do not think that Cometti ever said that about Frankston. Being West Australian, I doubt that he even knows where it is.

As entertaining as your enthusiasm is for your favourite hobby-horse, the use of falsehoods to justify your claims is unacceptable.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

I think he was using a Commettism.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
I do not think that Cometti ever said that about Frankston. Being West Australian, I doubt that he even knows where it is.

As entertaining as your enthusiasm is for your favourite hobby-horse, the use of falsehoods to justify your claims is unacceptable.
Gumpy One, to clarify, Commetti made the comment about taking the third of two options, about Allen last Friday when he kicked it straight to a Carlton defender.

I was using/transferring this comment/reference in relation to the Frankston/Hicksville move!

Capiche

Top4King
Club Player

Bernard Shakey wrote:I think he was using a Commettism.
No better man for the Friday Blowout fixture than Dazzling Disco Dennis!

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Barks, as someone who has been involved with a footy Club based at Albert Park I can tell you that there are all sorts of logistical problems at any oval other then the Junction Oval.

Because of the Grand Prix , you lose access to most ovals within the park from mid Feb until mid April and once you get your ground back there is inevitably considerable problems with teh playing surface.

So I would suggest that any oval bar the Junction is not a viable alternative at Albert Park.

As for Trevor Barker Oval - that is a different story. I would love if our Club would be able to afford to build what we need at that location.

GrumpyOne

barks4eva wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:

Gumpy One, to clarify, Commetti made the comment about taking the third of two options, about Allen last Friday when he kicked it straight to a Carlton defender.

I was using/transferring this comment/reference in relation to the Frankston/Hicksville move!

Capiche
I think that is called para-phrasing Commetti, B4, not quoting him.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote:
barks4eva wrote:I seriously would have lobbied the state government to work with the Albert Park trust and taken over one of the many , many football ovals in the Albert Park area.
We can't even afford Frankston Park, and have to move to some backwater location in the Frankston area to keep under budget. What makes you think we can afford to develop in Sandringham, let alone Albert Park?

I'm sure they were all investigated in the course of suitable relocation venues.
I sincerely believe that the current board have NEVER investigated this, contemplated the possibility or embraced the absolute wisdom of it> moving the club St.Kilda back to the suburb, St.Kilda.

With state governement support, many things are possible.

Seriously the Western Bulldogs of all clubs will possibly have the best facilities of any Victorian Club with only Collingwood rivalling it.

The Western Bulldogs, a club who very nearly were merged off a decade ago.

How so> STATE GOVERNMENT support!

There are countless football grounds already there, develop one of these with the state government onboard.

Make an impassioned plea, mount a case, where there is a will, THERE IS A WAY!

Frankston will be a disaster, of this I am in no doubt, whatsoever.

Why go Vanstone, when you can make a play for Jolie, FAIR DINKUM.

GrumpyOne

barks4eva wrote: Why go Vanstone, when you can make a play for Jolie, FAIR DINKUM.
:lol: :lol:

Mate..... you'd be struggling to get it on with crannypete's landlady.....Fair Dinkum. :wink:

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
barks4eva wrote: Why go Vanstone, when you can make a play for Jolie, FAIR DINKUM.

Mate..... you'd be struggling to get it on with crannypete's landlady.....Fair Dinkum. :wink:
Ya reckon, I'll have a crack, any crack, do you have her number?

Top4King
Club Player

and is the lexus centre in collingwood barks4eva?
no, it isn't, why? because collingwood does not exist geographically aside from a few old factories, the occasional dodgey pub and a freeway that leads from the doorstep to frankston?
wake up and smell the cheese you biscuit!

GrumpyOne

barks4eva wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:

Ya reckon, I'll have a crack, any crack, do you have her number?
OK... I'll let Pete know you want to borrow his plank, rope and miner's helmet.
Or you can take your own bucket and swing from the handle. :wink:

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Top4King wrote:and is the lexus centre in collingwood barks4eva?
no, it isn't, why? because collingwood does not exist geographically aside from a few old factories, the occasional dodgey pub and a freeway that leads from the doorstep to frankston?
I know a biscuit when I see a biscuit and Frankentstein ain't no biscuit and besides, cheese has a useby date, I'd much rather smell the grass, the green green grass of our spiritual home in St.Kilda or at the very least Sandringham, a club with which we have already established strong links.

The closest link Frankston has to anything whatsoever is the missing link crew, the primordial swamp set of moccasin wearing, tree swinging, knuckle dragging, goat riding, bone monkeys and bong bandits.

FAIR DINKUM

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
I know a biscuit when I see a biscuit and Frankentstein ain't no biscuit and besides, cheese has a useby date, I'd much rather smell the grass, the green green grass of our spiritual home in St.Kilda or at the very least Sandringham, a club with which we have already established strong links.

The closet link Frankston has to anything whatsoever is the missing link crew, the primordial swamp set of moccasin wearing, tree swinging, knuckle dragging, goat riding, bone monkeys and bong bandits.

FAIR DINKUM
St Kilda isnt happening and why would it. Probably got 1% of supporters who live there. Wouldnt give up on something around the Sandy area though but Frangers would still be favourite.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:

The closest link Frankston has to anything whatsoever is the missing link crew, the primordial swamp set of moccasin wearing, tree swinging, knuckle dragging, goat riding, bone monkeys and bong bandits.

FAIR DINKUM
And Robert Mace.

And Justin Berry.

Great St Kilda links! :wink:

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:
barks4eva wrote:

FAIR DINKUM
And Robert Mace.

And Justin Berry.

Great St Kilda links! :wink:
Chris Oliver.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Ah yes, there's another grand link. The famous number 46.

John Georgiou is another link.

Household names the lot of them!

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Nathan Burke?

And Robert Harvey lives up on the hill overlooking Frankston

GrumpyOne

Mr Magic wrote:Nathan Burke?

And Robert Harvey lives up on the hill overlooking Frankston
Burkey's from Frankston Pines, and Harvs is a John-Paul College boy.

Just down the road is Peninsula Grammer, alma mater of Stewie Loewe.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:IMO, Frankston is a HUGE mistake.

Who would seriously oppose a state of the art facility with community access, built close to the Junction Oval?
Probably the entire City of Port Philip Council. My guess would be that they would be even more difficult to deal with than Tipsy Topsy and her cronies at Kingston Council !!