FRANKSTON DEAL NOT DONE YET

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:Nathan Burke?

And Robert Harvey lives up on the hill overlooking Frankston
Burkey's from Frankston Pines, and Harvs is a John-Paul College boy.

Just down the road is Peninsula Grammer, alma mater of Stewie Loewe.
So our 3 greatest game players, Harvey, Burke & Loewe all come from there?

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:Nathan Burke?

And Robert Harvey lives up on the hill overlooking Frankston
Burkey's from Frankston Pines, and Harvs is a John-Paul College boy.

Just down the road is Peninsula Grammer, alma mater of Stewie Loewe.
So our 3 greatest game players, Harvey, Burke & Loewe all come from there?
Harvey = Seaford

Burke = Pines-Frankston Nth

Leowe = Mt Eliza

Near enough !!

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
barks4eva wrote:IMO, Frankston is a HUGE mistake.

Who would seriously oppose a state of the art facility with community access, built close to the Junction Oval?
Probably the entire City of Port Philip Council. My guess would be that they would be even more difficult to deal with than Tipsy Topsy and her cronies at Kingston Council !!
Most probably this, possibly that, my guess would be, I'm sure the club have..........yada yada, blah blah blah, etc..etc...

bollocks to all of it,

If I were president of this football club I would make it happen!

Where there is a will, there is a way!

This club belongs in our true spiritual home, we are not called St.kilda for nothing.

FAIR DINKUM, if the Western Bulldogs can get enough State Government involvement and assisstance to build a state of the art facility in Footscray of all places, then get one built in the best suburb in the state of Victoria.

There are football ovals all around Albert Park and three within a stones throw of the Junction Oval, just do it.

My bet would be that the Board have NEVER even given this serious consideration.

Basing this club in St.kilda would be the quickest way for us to become a powerhouse AFL club.

Seriously talk of developing Belvedere Park or any vacant lot in the backblocks of Frankston would be rolled gold comedy, if it wasn't the St.Kilda Football Club we are talking about, FAIR DINKUM.

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
GrumpyOne

Ah to hell with it all.

Lets just pack up and go to Blacktown.

The Blacktown Saints has a certain ring to it.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
Eastern wrote:

Who would seriously oppose a state of the art facility with community access, built close to the Junction Oval?
Probably the entire City of Port Philip Council. My guess would be that they would be even more difficult to deal with than Tipsy Topsy and her cronies at Kingston Council !!
Most probably this, possibly that, my guess would be, I'm sure the club have..........yada yada, blah blah blah, etc..etc...

bollocks to all of it,

Do tell how

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
Eastern wrote:

bollocks to all of it,

FAIR DINKUM, if the Western Bulldogs can get enough State Government involvement and assisstance to build a state of the art facility in Footscray of all places, then get one built in the best suburb in the state of Victoria
I think you will find that most of the money for that project came from the FEDERAL Government. Your mate Johnny Howard was even seen out there with a shovel in his hand !!

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
Eastern wrote:

bollocks to all of it,

There are football ovals all around Albert Park and three within a stones throw of the Junction Oval, just do it.
Are you suggesting that we just move in, like squatters? !!

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
Eastern wrote:

Now, that is a thought that is too frightening to even joke about !!

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
barks4eva wrote:
Eastern wrote:

bollocks to all of it,

Do tell how
Through a strength of will for wanting this objective, plan a submission that is attractive to all parties, have talks with the state government expressing this in the strongest terms and detailing the relative merits.

Afterall as far as the local council and Albert Park trust are concerned, I'm talking about developing an oval that is almost on Fitzroy Street on the perimiter of the entire parkland,

AND

this facility will have community access, just like the Bulldogs have, and only occupy about as much land as what is already occupied by already existing football grounds, which really are more of a waste of parkland space at this point in time, than anything else,

ya reckon those ovals, I'm talking about are going to remain untouched,

eventually they'll be developed into something, afterall they are on the periphery of the parklands to begin with,

get in now and let St.Kilda Football Club be the one's having a presence there,

seriously sometimes I get the feeling that I'm debating with a gaggle of goggle eyed, gimps, gumps, geeks and goofballs on this site,

It's all way too logical, just make me President of this football Club and I will FAIR DINKUM make it happen.

GrumpyOne

barks4eva wrote: just make me President of this football Club and I will FAIR DINKUM make it happen.
If B4 becomes president of St Kilda, I'm certain that something will definately happen. :wink:

bergsone
SS Life Member

GrumpyOne wrote:
barks4eva wrote: just make me President of this football Club and I will FAIR DINKUM make it happen.
If B4 becomes president of St Kilda, I'm certain that something will definately happen. :wink:
Before he gets my vote, who is going to be the roll model for him,Butters,Elliott ,Pratt,Bush?

GrumpyOne

bergsone wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
Before he gets my vote, who is going to be the roll model for him,Butters,Elliott ,Pratt,Bush?
Would have to be a Buttered Roll Model. :wink:

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

I know Grant Thomas's preferred location for the St.Kilda Football Club is the Junction Oval,

when we, Grant and myself, catch up soon for a coffee, I'll see if he has any interest in being on the ticket,

FAIR DINKUM, St.Kilda belong in St.Kilda, should never have moved to Moorabbin to begin with,

Now is the perfect opportunity to correct this and what are the club proposing, Belvedere Park in Seaford or some vacant lot in the backblocks of Frankston, :roll: perleeeeeeeeeeze,

FAIR DINKUM, it's time to wake up and get serious,

St.Kilda in St.Kilda or at the very least Sandringham,

The ONLY two options worthy of consideration,

everything else is pure bollocks.

Everyone here knows this in their heart of hearts, unless of course you belong to the gaggle of gimps, gumps, geeks and goggle eyed goofballs.

FAIR DINKUM

p.s I'll be sure to let you all know if Grant is interested in forming a ticket with me 8-)

GrumpyOne

barks4eva wrote:
p.s I'll be sure to let you all know if Grant is interested in forming a ticket with me 8-)
I hope you realise the error of your ways before he hits you up for Annual Leave liability.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Don't run out of petrol on the way to your date with Grant.

What was that story about the gas out in Cranbourne yesterday? I think the hot air has spread.....

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
Top4King
Club Player

barks4eva,
you know yourself that it took the club to move to win.
these are just words mate and you are too perocial. you have too many interest's in the history and tradition of the game.
the junction oval is a pristine cricket stadium and they want to keep it that way for the mighty vics. it is, in essence, too much of an i-saw of a facilty for anything to do with the AFL and you know that, you know that, surely you know that!
the frankston facility is state-of-the-art. it sits atop a hill overlooking the bay. if you believe most of this crap that you have read into you are only half the man i thought you to be.
give it away you tired old fool, frankston is the future of the club and frankston is the only training facility that will deliver the flag.
give it away .. FFS give it away. no-one cares what a frustrated old fool such as yourself thinks anymore!!
think forward FFS and stop looking back.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Top4King wrote:barks4eva,
you are only half the man i thought you to be.
give it away you tired old fool,
no-one cares what a frustrated old fool such as yourself thinks anymore!!
The classic case in contradiction. You do not disappoint Top4King! :roll:

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
JeffDunne

I reckon the Junction Oval is cursed.

Top4King
Club Player

SENsaintsational wrote:
Top4King wrote:barks4eva,
you are only half the man i thought you to be.
give it away you tired old fool,
no-one cares what a frustrated old fool such as yourself thinks anymore!!
The classic case in contradiction. You do not disappoint Top4King! :roll:
what? he isn't half-frustrated?

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

No turkey. In one breath you type that he is only half the man you thought him to be, which intimates that you consider him some sort of man. Then you proceed to call him an old fool.

Good work.

GrumpyOne

SENsaintsational wrote:No turkey. In one breath you type that he is only half the man you thought him to be, which intimates that you consider him some sort of man. Then you proceed to call him an old fool.

Good work.
In defence of B4, I don't think he is that old.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote: This club belongs in our true spiritual home, we are not called St.kilda for nothing.

NO we are not called St.kilda for nothing.... we are called St Kilda

We don't have a full stop after the t

Can you at the very least get that right, before you rant any more :idea:

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Care to answer b4e???

to state that
"we are not called St.kilda for nothing."
just makes a mockery of your total stance on your previous posts..

For the second time it's ST KILDA NOT ST. KILDA...

Get a clue

also your PM about that you were quite happy to relocate to Frankston appears to, either be a sham or that you love shyte stiring this site for the sake of it
barks4eva wrote: I actually am quite happy with the Frankston relocation, truth be known

but where would the fun be in that :lol:

best regards
Andrew :wink:
Why do you feel the need to turn this site to crapola ???

I feel this has been your agenda for a couple of years...

Here's a clue...

Post something you are passionate about and don't post to gain some sort of fun for yourself that in a way has a negative effect on this site.

You maybe lonely or may not have that much to do in your life, but please refrain from going on and on about an issue that you have previously stated that you are happy the with

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:No turkey. In one breath you type that he is only half the man you thought him to be, which intimates that you consider him some sort of man. Then you proceed to call him an old fool.

Good work.
In defence of B4, I don't think he is that old.
He's NOT, but he got the fool part spot on! :lol: Ranting turkey might have been more appropriate ;)

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
zebraman
Club Player

slightly off the subject...last Sunday at Sandy there were quite a feww Saints supporters there...I do the scoreboard at TBO and very pleasing to see the St Kilda supporters there wearing their scarves...no doubt happy after beating Carlton the night before...I asked a couple of them how come they were watching Sandy and they said they were happy with the decision to align with Sandy and just wanted to see what they were in for starting next year...hope they enjoyed the day even though Sandy got beaten by Williamstown

We get quite a few Melbourne supporters at Sandy which will obviously stop come next year

Welcome aboard. Saints fans....hope to see lots of you at the TBO next year...you get a damn good hot dog at a reasonable price here...plus a beer with the best view in Melbourne from the Social Club...

BTW..Jack Barker stands on the beach side of TBO near the coaches box..

St Kilda at Frankston or somewhere else???...my gut feel feel is the Frankston thing will not go ahead and the Saints will head elsewhere....destination????...not Belveedere Park..

Maybe a bit further up the Nepean Highway....