The worst thing about Satdee night V Hawthorn

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

:x It was bad enough missing-out on being there at the Dome, seeing my pals and enjoying a great win. The commentary team on Ten however, had me tearing what few hairs I've got left out of my head. Lane has to be one of the most supercillious creatures in broadcasting today. Its clear to me that "Quarterbrain" is his keen apprentice. I turned the damn volume down in the end!!!!!! Am I alone in thinking this way? :roll:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
terry smith rules
SS Life Member

I actually thought they were ok on the weekend, I guess when you win does not matter so much

TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

If you don't want to listen to them, turn the volume down...........

It's pretty simple really!

Club Player

Re: The worst thing about Satdee night V Hawthorn

thejiggingsaint wrote::x It was bad enough missing-out on being there at the Dome, seeing my pals and enjoying a great win. The commentary team on Ten however, had me tearing what few hairs I've got left out of my head. Lane has to be one of the most supercillious creatures in broadcasting today. Its clear to me that "Quarterbrain" is his keen apprentice. I turned the damn volume down in the end!!!!!! Am I alone in thinking this way? :roll:
im with you! they were terrible! Almost broke my new bravia!

Club Player

TimeToShineFellas wrote:If you don't want to listen to them, turn the volume down...........

Are you mad??

gooner
Club Player

thejiggingsaint wrote::x It was bad enough missing-out on being there at the Dome, seeing my pals and enjoying a great win. The commentary team on Ten however, had me tearing what few hairs I've got left out of my head. Lane has to be one of the most supercillious creatures in broadcasting today. Its clear to me that "Quarterbrain" is his keen apprentice. I turned the damn volume down in the end!!!!!! Am I alone in thinking this way? :roll:
I'm in London visiting my family atm. Still got to watch it live, which was a plus, but had to suffer those idiots commentating.
My wife had to leave the room cos I was yelling so much. Not at the players or the umpires but at the ridiculous comments from those fools.
Seriously, I'd rather hear a member of the Collingwood cheer squad call a game.
Absolutely did me in when Tim Lane called us in serious trouble after 10 minutes because we were down three goals.
Also that we seemed to have no options.
Now I don't even care if half of the commentary team consisted of sacked St Kilda coaches as long as they have some insight into the game.

"The humble improve" Wynton Marsalis
TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

123 wrote:
TimeToShineFellas wrote:If you don't want to listen to them, turn the volume down...........

Are you mad??
Nope quite sane, compared to some.

They call it how they want to call it. Why blow a gasket getting upset about it?

So we didnt get the rub of the green with the commentary. Does it matter in the end?

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Fair comment re: "does it matter in the end?" Shiner me old pal! And the answer of course is a resounding NO! I found it easier to lower the volume and just watch the action! But then being weak, got my radio headphones on and listened in "real time" :? Bizarre to say the least!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Club Player

TimeToShineFellas wrote:
123 wrote:

Are you mad??
Nope quite sane, compared to some.

They call it how they want to call it. Why blow a gasket getting upset about it?

So we didnt get the rub of the green with the commentary. Does it matter in the end?
I would have thought it matters as much as anything matters.
if people put up with crap like that and say nothing it will only continue.

p.s when bight bagged the club I almost picked up the tv and threw it out the window. no head in the sand here.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

This is my biggest peeve with the delayed broadcast. You can't choose between the CH7/10 commentary and the Radio.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Hey 123!!! I'm with you! Except these twenty-five year old tellys are a bit much for a man of my years to go throwing around :wink: So chucking the cat through the screen had to suffice! :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Club Player

Otiman wrote:This is my biggest peeve with the delayed broadcast. You can't choose between the CH7/10 commentary and the Radio.
what gets to me is this is entertainment. I love Tripple M etc because they entertain and take the piss. Who wants to listen to serious dry old hacks that have chips on their shoulder. I want fun - its a weekend liven up!

Club Player

thejiggingsaint wrote:Hey 123!!! I'm with you! Except these twenty-five year old tellys are a bit much for a man of my years to go throwing around :wink: So chucking the cat through the screen had to suffice! :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
hahah

Saints in 20??
Club Player

Its funny how few people comment or visit a thread about the best things and so many about the worst things. Misery loves company i suppose

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Otiman - record the comentary on the radio - then delay your playback - lol

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sainter Dad You're a knockout!!!!!!! See you NEXT time at the Dome (I hope :wink: )

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

When left with no alternative, what I tell myself is this:

Lane: While his overdramaticism leaves me rolling my eyes, it sounds like the kind of stuff that would appeal to kids. Each moment, each play becomes all important. That a man of his age still has such a childlike view of the game is as beautiful as it is naive, so he's got a place.

Quartermaine: While I wish he'd comment on the game in front of him, rather than the game he thinks is about to happen in the near future, it does lend one to thinking analytically so one can predict. Again, I can see that being a skill kids should develop.

This gets me through most of their games.

Doesn't help with Saints games though... all I've got to go with there is that I watch so much St Kilda that it's unfair of me to expect them to be as familiar with the facts as the world of saintsational.

Ugh, 2 more interstate trips...

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
esaint66
SS Life Member

The worst thing ...

The umpiring :x :x

Slowed the game down when we were doing our darndest to speed it up (in the 2nd half that is)

TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

Just on commentary, with Bruce "The Special One" McAvaney heading off to Beijing for the pathetic disgrace that IS the Olympic Games, can we please please please get Sandy Roberts back commentating games.

Now there's some biased St Kilda commentary I could handle!

esaint66
SS Life Member

TimeToShineFellas wrote:Just on commentary, with Bruce "The Special One" McAvaney heading off to Beijing for the pathetic disgrace that IS the Olympic Games, can we please please please get Sandy Roberts back commentating games.

Here here :lol: :wink:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

TimeToShineFellas wrote:Just on commentary, with Bruce "The Special One" McAvaney heading off to Beijing for the pathetic disgrace that IS the Olympic Games, can we please please please get Sandy Roberts back commentating games.

What is wrong with the Olympics. Greatest 2 weeks every 4 years. Love them and at least this year we can get proper sleep as they have similar times to us.

TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:What is wrong with the Olympics. Greatest 2 weeks every 4 years. Love them and at least this year we can get proper sleep as they have similar times to us.
Plugger if it's the greatest 2 weeks of your life every 4 years then you need to get out more :wink:

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

What is wrong with the Olympics. Greatest 2 weeks every 4 years. Love them and at least this year we can get proper sleep as they have similar times to us.
Yeah, a rare chance to have the olympics in our time zone and they put the swimming finals on at lunch time, just to please American TV :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: !!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

TimeToShineFellas wrote:
plugger66 wrote:What is wrong with the Olympics. Greatest 2 weeks every 4 years. Love them and at least this year we can get proper sleep as they have similar times to us.
Plugger if it's the greatest 2 weeks of your life every 4 years then you need to get out more :wink:
Im just interested in why you dont like it.

TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:
TimeToShineFellas wrote:
Im just interested in why you dont like it.
It's just not my cup of tea.

Buggered if I know why we put athletes on pedestals, laud them as "Heroes" and give them ticker-tape parades when they come back from the Games. I just think sometimes we get our priorities wrong in life when recognising Australian heroes. Anyway, this could cross into another tangent....

Still, each to their own when it comes down to it.....!