RD 17 Saint Milestones - Roo & Harvey

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

RedWhiteBlack
Club Player

RD 17 Saint Milestones - Roo & Harvey

Of course we know Roo is playing game #150 on the weekend, but Harvs plays game #375, drawing him level with Craig Bradley in fourth place on the all-time games played list. Assuming he keeps kicking on, he'll move into sole place of #3 against Adelaide in Round 21!! :)

426: Tuck
403: Bartlett
378: S Madden
375: Bradley
374: Harvey

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Not that it would phase Banger...but if played on next year he should go to No 2 ....

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Prodgers
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:Not that it would phase Banger...but if played on next year he should go to No 2 ....
more importantly play 400 games :D

Pilgram
Club Player

Prodgers wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:Not that it would phase Banger...but if played on next year he should go to No 2 ....
and second behind MT

RedWhiteBlack
Club Player

Pilgram wrote:
Prodgers wrote:
and second behind MT
Let's face it, that record will NEVER be broken.

A player would have to play over 19 consecutive seasons of 22 games to get there.

Pilgram
Club Player

how good would it be if it was the 2010 GF and st. kilda won LMFAO

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

How GOOD would it be if the boys could repeat the effort they produced for Harvs' 350th at the same venue !!

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

Harvey shouldn't play on, I wouldn't want him to break down from injury in his final season and even though I think he'd be able to play another year, as each year goes on there's more of a chance he will succumb to injury.

He's had/having a great year.....we've had a good run.....we're hitting our straps.....we have a good chance @ making that final day in sept.....lets just win it for him this year and send him off in the best way possible.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

I am amazed we haven't rested him yet, I would have thought that this week would have been the perfect opportunity to give Harvey a rest (without getting complacent), it would save him the travel and we should still win without him.

I wouldn't mind seeing Geary, Birss or Steven come in this week to give Harves a rest... even though Steven is very unlikely to play due to his vce...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:I am amazed we haven't rested him yet, I would have thought that this week would have been the perfect opportunity to give Harvey a rest (without getting complacent), it would save him the travel and we should still win without him.

I wouldn't mind seeing Geary, Birss or Steven come in this week to give Harves a rest... even though Steven is very unlikely to play due to his vce...
Although it might be a good (longer term) thing for Harvs to have a rest this week I see the real problem would be trying to convince the great man that he needs a rest !!

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
Armoooo wrote:I am amazed we haven't rested him yet, I would have thought that this week would have been the perfect opportunity to give Harvey a rest (without getting complacent), it would save him the travel and we should still win without him.

Although it might be a good (longer term) thing for Harvs to have a rest this week I see the real problem would be trying to convince the great man that he needs a rest !!
especially if he is thinking it's his last year- he will make every effort for every game

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Griggsy
SS Life Member

saintbrat wrote:
Eastern wrote:

especially if he is thinking it's his last year- he will make every effort for every game
not to mention WA fans like myself would be quite upset if he wasnt there. i dont want to be robbed of that. If hes gonna have a rest it should be a home game.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Griggsy wrote:
saintbrat wrote:
Eastern wrote:

not to mention WA fans like myself would be quite upset if he wasnt there. i dont want to be robbed of that. If hes gonna have a rest it should be a home game.
At this point it is all about the success, and a week off could give Harvey the extra energy to continue his great season for the last 5 weeks... Anyway there is still Freo, it could be worth saving the rest until then, but I strongly believe he should be rested during an interstate game just to save him him the trips which can take it out of players...

It would be nice to get a couple of big wins against WC over there for Harvey milestones though wouldn't it? We do owe him for all the milestones that we've wasted over the years (especially game 300 :()

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
casey scorp
Club Player

And the year after to No 1 :)