anyone worried about letting this coming game slip?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Saint_in_SA wrote:West Coast have had the cue in the rack for a very long time now. The only thing that could stop us is if they played Rix on Cox all game. That would be catastrophic.
don't think WCE have the cue in the rack.
IMO a real danger game. Any trip to Perth is a danger game.
Hope like hell we shellack the bloody weagles on their home ground.
Am stocking up on wooden spoons to give to all my colleagues at work who think the Weagles have a god given right to be on top and that they're hard done by. Oh my god how I hate the WCE. Let me count the ways. Those of you who also live in WA will know exactly what I'm talking about.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

I was still nervous at the 25minute mark of the last quarter at the Hawks game...go figure :lol: :lol:

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

I am honestly a little worried about this weeks game. The old adage that "anyone can beat anyone else on any given day" worries the hell out of me.

I dont think West Coast are tanking (dispite what it looks like) and even if they were they are a proud club with a long history of success ESPECIALLY at home. I wont be calling it "game over" until the final siren sounds

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
saintly
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:Affter enduring 50 years of barracking for the Saints, I am nervous about every game we play
hear hear.

and for me its not 50 years but 28 years.

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Only a true Saints supporter can be nervous about this game so I guess I am a true Saints supporter. After all the heartache that we have been through, it is so easy to think that we may drop this game. The one positive is that it is Rooey's 150th game and it reminds me of the Harvey 350th. Given that Roo has been so inspirational this year, he will get a lot of kudos in the media which should fire up the guys, if they are not motivated already. 10-7 would be a great thing.

Superboot
SS Hall of Fame

derby Street wrote:I get nervous about every damn game - a 50 point margin at 3/4 time gets me starting to feel reasonable. It must be an age thing after years of pain and suffering - football not marriage :D
I'm the same.

I was still worried last Saturday with 5 minutes left. It was only the Hawthorn supporters streaming out that helped me to settle.

I still haven't got over that game at Waverley.

GrumpyOne

Eastern wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:Affter enduring 50 years of barracking for the Saints, I am nervous about every game we play
So who did you support for the 1st 30 years of your life ? :wink: !!
:lol: That's 1-0 to Eastern. :lol:

HarveysDeciple

We have only beaten the eagles in perth 4 times. No reason for arrogance.

They are struggling, but not tanking in my oppinion.

They will have a dip for the win, at times in the last month we have played very well but at times this year have been a bit ordinary. We have to guard against that and not get carried away. It's all well and good to talk about winning the last 6, let's win this one then think about port and so on and so on.

Shaggy
Club Player

I expect us to smash the Eagles. They are the worst in the comp on current form and we are flying at the moment. We will not lose.

My only concern is injuries. I can't forget the Dockers game at Subi in 2005 when we were on a roll :( .

bozza1980
Club Player

I'm nervous by nature when it comes to games "we should win", it will be a horrendous slip up if we let the Coasters knock us off.
bobmurray wrote:I'm more concerned about the Port Adelaide game the following week ,they are a real bogie side for the Saints....
I too feel that the Port game is the big banana skin in our path, that said with Cornes going in for surgery it is a signals that 2008 it is officially over the Power.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

AAARGH! Worried about any game in the West...the umpires freak out when the local crowd roars, anything could happen. Not to mention St Kilda's happy knack of dropping games everyone expects us to win (dare I mention last year's drawer with the Bulldogs)!!!

Hang on tight.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

If we lower our intensity, we are a chance to drop this game.

I think the Hawthorn game was an aberration on their behalf because they were so focused on this coming game against Geelong.

We need to "take it a week at a time", not consider the Eagles easybeats, and not take our foot off the pedal. This could be a huge percentage booster for us, and may be instrumental in us finishing ahead of those teams who haven't had a drawn game this season, in Collingwood (117%) and Brisbane (105%), against our meagre (101.83%).

If we win by 100 points this week, that will put us up to 108%. With games against the struggling Fremantle, Essendon, and Port Adelaide, we could well reach the Pies' percentage. But if we beat them, it shouldn't matter anyway.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote:If we win by 100 points this week, that will put us up to 108%. With games against the struggling Fremantle, Essendon, and Port Adelaide, we could well reach the Pies' percentage. But if we beat them, it shouldn't matter anyway.
Eeeek! Freo in WA, that's not an easy game...remember, even to rules of the game don't apply when we play the Purple. Essendon and Port aren't really struggling...both had been playing OK before injuries, both are getting top players back this week. In fact, even with 26 players left, the Don's have been more than competitive. Yes, they are the lower rung teams in our run home, but they aren't assured wins by any means.

Carlton and the Hawks, we'll always win (the last decade), everyone else, 50/50

Moorabbin Saints
Club Player

I want to see us smash the daylight out of them. Really bury a side.

But somehow I don't have a good feeling about this one, pretty nervous.

derby Street
Club Player

When I was living in Perth back in the 90's I went to a game at the WACA and we kicked something like 9 goals to one in the first quarter (Devonport was on fire ?) and then we proceeded to lose the game. Scarred me for life.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

derby Street wrote:When I was living in Perth back in the 90's I went to a game at the WACA and we kicked something like 9 goals to one in the first quarter (Devonport was on fire ?) and then we proceeded to lose the game. Scarred me for life.
Davenport snagged 5 in the 1st....think the score was 9.3 to either 1.2 or 2.1 at qrt time. I'd never seen such StKilda dominance in my life,especially on friday night footy,interstate!

As sure as the sun comes up each day though back in those days we folded in the second half. Think Troy Ugle kicked 5 or 6 in the last

Bring back the Lockett era
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

agree. im always nervous.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:
derby Street wrote:When I was living in Perth back in the 90's I went to a game at the WACA and we kicked something like 9 goals to one in the first quarter (Devonport was on fire ?) and then we proceeded to lose the game. Scarred me for life.
Davenport snagged 5 in the 1st....think the score was 9.3 to either 1.2 or 2.1 at qrt time. I'd never seen such StKilda dominance in my life,especially on friday night footy,interstate!

As sure as the sun comes up each day though back in those days we folded in the second half. Think Troy Ugle kicked 5 or 6 in the last
god i was at a game last year against the crows at the dome. i think we were 6 goals up at 1/4 time. dont think we touched the ball after that.

Raven
Club Player

Ok, I'm slightly nervous too. But think of it this way, just two weeks ago Richmond smashed them over there by 75 odd points. Richmond! So what will we do to them?

I just hope all this "the Saints will smash 'em" talk in the media will not cause our boys to think they can win by just turning up. I know they've been saying all week they're taking this game very seriously, but still... they kind of have to say that. They can't exactly say "yeah, should be an easy game, we expect to win by 20 goals, we don't even have to try".

LennyBoy
Club Player

12 months on, here is our chance for redemption after the Eagles cost us a possible finals berth at Telstra Dome late last season.

A win is a must, a loss is inexcusable, reality is our traveling record is very dicey, and season is on the line week after week.

Will the cream rise to the top, lets hope so.

Poochy 1 2 3 4 and 5 should be reinstated!
Quixote
SS Life Member

Honestly, I cannot see Nick Riewoldt letting this game slip.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
jonesy wrote:

god i was at a game last year against the crows at the dome. i think we were 6 goals up at 1/4 time. dont think we touched the ball after that.
As long as Metropolis doesn't play!

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

I barrack for St Kilda I'm worried about every game!!!!

Schillaci
Club Player

Shaggy wrote:I expect us to smash the Eagles. They are the worst in the comp on current form and we are flying at the moment. We will not lose.

My only concern is injuries. I can't forget the Dockers game at Subi in 2005 when we were on a roll :( .
I'm with Shaggy....Think we will easily for the same reason...Our recent form v their form are polar opposites.

Have a look at their results -

WCE 73 Coll 173 MCG
WCE 78 Syd 83 Subi
WCE 91 Ess 113 TD
WCE 47 Geel 182 Subi
WCE 69 Haw 126 MCG
WCE 75 Rich 152 Subi
WCE 67 Bris 113 Gabba

Sydney result = respectable, rest = crap, we are better than crap

Griggsy
SS Life Member

no more worried than any other game. But i wouldnt be surprised is west coast throw it away, not for a lower position but to reserve themselves for the derby next week.

im pretty sure they want to hold bragging rights over the freo mob and would fight for it hard.