SAINTS v wce OFFICIAL Match Thread !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

esaint66
SS Life Member

1 point lead at half time :x :x :x

Come on boys, come on Ross give 'em a bloddy good spray.

ThomasR
Club Player

That quarter has made me feel physically ill

i_luv_nick_riewoldt
SS Life Member

ThomasR wrote:That quarter has made me feel physically ill
yep me too. The sinking feeling!

Go saints in '09!
markinUSA
SS Life Member

Seems like our best are Goddard, Fisher, and Hayes. In the forward line, Roo was on fire early in the game but had a quiet second quarter.

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
Buckets
SS Life Member

Have our boys actually turned up? Eagles are playing all over them at the moment! And what i wouldnt give to choke the fool the Ox if i had another station other than 6pr i would not be listening to SEN that for bloody sure!

Time to regroup and compose we need to put more pressure on their mids and their defense! Cmon boys win this and we go above the Filth!!!!

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
JeffDunne

Darren wrote:gram's back on, and it's half time. pathetic quarter st kilda.

1/2 time scores
wce 6 5 41
stk 6 6 42
Pathetic half.

Should have kicked at least 3-4 more in the 1st.

That qtr was a poor as we've played all year. Perfect timing for them.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Getting thrashed around the packs -umpires have thrown the rule book away when Saints in possession -no pressure from our small forwards -Gardiner hopeless- Hayes getting lots of touches but not much support - CJones the only other Saint really putting in hard -shocking skillserror from experienced players like Goddard, Fisher and Fiora.

i_luv_nick_riewoldt
SS Life Member

Isnt this a similar story to the BL v WC, in that WC charged at them in the first half and faded out towards the end. Hopefully sainters kick on after the break! They need an absolutel drilling!!

Go saints in '09!
esaint66
SS Life Member

markinUSA wrote:Seems like our best are Goddard, Fisher, and Hayes. In the forward line, Roo was on fire early in the game but had a quiet second quarter.

It's not just Roo, the whole team is being led to the ball. They just don't seem to want it enough.

savatage
SS Life Member

Roo had to nail all those easy goals in the first quarter. We let them off the hook badly.

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

Well disappointing satrt by the sounds of it so far - but I don't know why anyone here is sur[prised. We have an appalling record at Subiaco and it seems we are just thyinking right now that we only need to turn up to win... Positives are Hayes and Fisher carving them up which helps my SC. But we are in real trouble at the moment - I can sniff a MASSIVE upset brewing if they don't pull up their socks!

Moorabbin Saints
Club Player

That quarter was very embarrassing. That was simply pathetic. Who the fcuk is on Staker?

esaint66
SS Life Member

savatage wrote:Roo had to nail all those easy goals in the first quarter. We let them off the hook badly.

Exactly we could have broken their back early and not have had to have gone through all this.

It was talked about Rooey rushing his kicks a bit ALA Adam Baddley putts. If i could see the game i would know.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

saints are one of the best 4th quarter teams

I guess they are just getting used tot he wider spaces

come on saints :)

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
spert
Saintsational Legend

Moorabbin Saints wrote:That quarter was very embarrassing. That was simply pathetic. Who the fcuk is on Staker?
He's the bloke who no Saint will go with 20 metres off at the moment -his opponent should be kicked up the backside bigtime -he ran rings around us in that quarter.
Too many Saint players watching the contest around packs, and WCE are easily getting the ball out.
I reckon the team thought this would be a pushover.

markinUSA
SS Life Member

I'm not feeling ill. Here were my thoughts:

* We've really missed Gram, who was playing a great link role early.
* We've not adjusted well to being without Max.

BUT

* If Monty steps up, into Gram's role of being a key playmaker for inside 50s, then we can go into a more effective attacking mode.

* If we move whoever is on Staker, and get a more effective match up there, we will do better.

* I think -34 of our players have been doing well (Hayes, Goddard, Fisher), but we need the rest to lift. Eg ask for more from Dal, Armitage, get the forward line working a bit more effectively.

* Ask for more from Milne. On the ball? Not sure.

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
sainter58
Club Player

Should of been 8 goals ahead at quarter time, we wern't, now we will struggle.. You watch , Collingwood loose and we will join them

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Geeze...thats what arrogance and cockiness does to you...

We started well.......but then the ego cut in and the sloppy disposal started big time.

Max and Gram goin down has not helped...but what is in the players head is the biggest problem.

We have let them back in the game and the WC players are fired up now....and the WC crowd to...which means umpiring decisions get missed like that weagle through 30m out when tackle and goals miss.

Still it gets back to our players..they have t sahrapen up and get fair dinkum again

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
4ever_saint
Club Player

i noticed lenny and dal santo were directing ppl to staker early in the 2nd q so obviously whoever is on him isnt sticking to him- that or ross is proving to us that he is a bloody idiot by leaving west coasts best affield opponentless. probably the latter. hopefully he can fix the matchups at half time and give them a much deserved spray.

Griggsy
SS Life Member

gardiner is playing badly, hopefullly be whipped into shape at half time and come out firing.

umpiring is bad, BUT its bad both ways. just cost us a bit more as we could of converted from frees.

what was nick doing when he kicked out on the full from the free kick?

Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

another case like collingwood turning up thinking it will just happen
need a half like last week to drill it home

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

We really shouldn't be letting the Tankers get this close!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

For those idiots that think we should trade Kosi need to take a look at this game.

Whether he kicks goals or not, he straightens us up and fights like hell to keep the ball inside our 50. He is RARELY outmarked and provides a GENUINE forward target.

In all honesty we'd have been better off with Allen than Gardiner as a forward replacement.

rymax
Club Player

That was an embarrassing half. Should have been 7 goals up at quarter time easy.

And Staker ffs. Where's Barry Hall when you need him?

Selhurst Saint
Club Player

This game has an ugly ugly feel to it. I never want to have to listen to a game on the internet again.

Our second halves have been good the last three weeks, Time to turn it on again.

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."