What Pisses me off...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sobraz
SS Life Member

What Pisses me off...

Didnt want to start this in a thread celebrating Harvey....

Why when getting talkback callers on SEN now just discussing Harvey's career, do they let all these fools through saying he wasnt at the level of Voss, Hird, Buckly, not as good as Williams, one moron saying he was a shocking kick....

really made me mad right after the great mans press conference...

Thought Ross's words were pretty weak too, putting him in the same catagory as Bradley and Ratten... They arnt worthy of cleaning his shoes..

Most wankers that offer an opinion on SEN dont realise how dominant he was pre 1995, when footy was tough, possessions were less, and he had speed greater than Judds...

what else should i expect from KB's show...

Lead the way to the flag Harvs....

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

pisses me off to,
everyone asks who was the best out of hird buckley voss. and not harvey when harvey is clearly better then voss.
but buckley is uphimself he was so overated as a player annoys me

go saints Win it for the legend<!

Sobraz
SS Life Member

I probably jumped the gun abit.... but the first 4 callers didnt give him the wrap he deserves... i should learn not to let these trolls frustrate me..

howlinwolf
Club Player

Wouldn't get to worried about it. It takes all sorts of opinions to make up the world.

Ask Plugger how good a kick Harves was !

Certainly hit him on the chest enough.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: What Pisses me off...

Sobraz wrote:Didnt want to start this in a thread celebrating Harvey....

Why when getting talkback callers on SEN now just discussing Harvey's career, do they let all these fools through saying he wasnt at the level of Voss, Hird, Buckly, not as good as Williams, one moron saying he was a shocking kick....

really made me mad right after the great mans press conference...

Thought Ross's words were pretty weak too, putting him in the same catagory as Bradley and Ratten... They arnt worthy of cleaning his shoes..

Most wankers that offer an opinion on SEN dont realise how dominant he was pre 1995, when footy was tough, possessions were less, and he had speed greater than Judds...

what else should i expect from KB's show...

Lead the way to the flag Harvs....
hear hear.
ratten and bradley were not in harves planet. what a toss. incredible. he was heaps better than hird buckley voss. what a flog. hes more like a bobby skilton league.

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

IMHO becuase harvs isnt a media whore liek Buckley and Hird or a wanna be coach like Voss its only St Kilda people and a few lucky others who know how truly special the man is.

Harvey

daylight
more daylight
still more daylight

everyone else

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
bozza1980
Club Player

One of a kind.

Don't worry about whether other people rate him the equal of or not of other champions, we know how good he is and has been for 20 years.

Who cares if other blonks haven't appreciated one of the most special careers in the history of the game!!

stinger
Saintsational Legend

bozza1980 wrote:One of a kind.

Don't worry about whether other people rate him the equal of or not of other champions, we know how good he is and has been for 20 years.

Who cares if other blonks haven't appreciated one of the most special careers in the history of the game!!

yep.... :wink: :lol:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Saint Mik
Club Player

The one thing I will always remember about Harves is when you go to the footy with your mates and they turn to you and say HOW THE F*** DID HARVEY GET TO THAT BALL, HE JUST HAD IT IN THE BACKLINE AND NOW HE IS LINING UP FOR GOAL.
or how about JUST TACKLE HIM, and my favourite is I KNEW HE WAS A GOOD PLAYER BUT WE JUST CANT STOP HIM HE IS KILLING US.
and last but not least on the way out of the ground, YOU WOULD NOT OF WON THAT GAME IF HARVEY WASNT PLAYING.

The one good thing that come out of GT's mouth was THE BLOKE IS A FREAK, YOU JUST HAVE TO WIND HIM UP LIKE A WIND UP DOLL PUSH HIM OVER THE WHITE LINE AND HE WILL GET THE JOB DONE :lol:

That bloodybtackle last week has really knocked him around, can somebody tell him to stop mucking around and just tell the misses one more year as he has done so many times before.

I think the only ones happy about all of this is KFC :lol:

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010
robsaint
Club Player

Just like a Duracell batery only better. Keeps going and going.

bethb7
Club Player

Some people just need to know when to keep their mouths shut no one cares if Voss Hird and Buckley were better than him ( I don't think they were by the way ) This was a time to celebrate Harves and his great career not compare him to other players he is St Kilda's champion.

If you can't give the commitment you gave this year and you don't want to improve, you can go because we have unfinished business-Ross Lyon
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Saint Mik wrote:The one thing I will always remember about Harves is when you go to the footy with your mates and they turn to you and say HOW THE F*** DID HARVEY GET TO THAT BALL, HE JUST HAD IT IN THE BACKLINE AND NOW HE IS LINING UP FOR GOAL.
or how about JUST TACKLE HIM, and my favourite is I KNEW HE WAS A GOOD PLAYER BUT WE JUST CANT STOP HIM HE IS KILLING US.
and last but not least on the way out of the ground, YOU WOULD NOT OF WON THAT GAME IF HARVEY WASNT PLAYING.

The one good thing that come out of GT's mouth was THE BLOKE IS A FREAK, YOU JUST HAVE TO WIND HIM UP LIKE A WIND UP DOLL PUSH HIM OVER THE WHITE LINE AND HE WILL GET THE JOB DONE :lol:

That bloodybtackle last week has really knocked him around, can somebody tell him to stop mucking around and just tell the misses one more year as he has done so many times before.

I think the only ones happy about all of this is KFC :lol:
spot on

i_luv_nick_riewoldt
SS Life Member

yep i hated listening to it too! They were absolute tossas talking about Harvey like that! All i have to say is harvey played much longer than voss, hird and bucks and has achieved MUCH MUCH more than what any of them ever did.

Go saints in '09!
esaint66
SS Life Member

It's been going on for ages and i can't believe it :evil: :evil: :evil:
He's put in week in week out for 20 years some players play inconsistantly frr 4 or 5 years and are regarded as champions :x :x :x

We love you Banger !!!

Behind Play
Club Player

Pretty certain, Heard, Buckley and Voss know it.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Behind Play wrote:Pretty certain, Heard, Buckley and Voss know it.
Voss and Buckley have certainly come out and said how much they admire Him and are in awe.

Don't know about Hirdy

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
esaint66
SS Life Member

saintbrat wrote:Don't know about Hirdy

Wouldn't expect it from that flog :roll: :roll: :roll:

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

yes because rubbish players win 2 brownlows, get voted by their PEERS as the MVP, win all australian half a dozen times or more, win their club best and fairest with regularity and long after everyone has retired on form is currently in the top 25% of players EVEN GIVEN HE PLAYS 60% game time (I reckon on form he'd be in the top 10% of players with 80% game time on form) has the second most brown low votes and is top 5 for most brownlow votes per game etc etc etc.

I think we are all wrong about harvey and some scrub on a phone would absolutely right.

he fluked everything :lol: :lol:

idiots.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Sobraz
SS Life Member

and it continues.... This morning on SEN, Brownless and Maher both rated Crawford as a superior player to Harvs.... Believe it or not, Watson was the only one out of the 3 stooges to say Harvs was/is a better player..

Then the first two callers agreed with the 2 morons, saying Crawford has been a better player over his career... Cannot believe they broadcast this sh1t... Crawf would be embarressed by the comparison...

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

Sobraz wrote:and it continues.... This morning on SEN, Brownless and Maher both rated Crawford as a superior player to Harvs.... Believe it or not, Watson was the only one out of the 3 stooges to say Harvs was/is a better player..

Then the first two callers agreed with the 2 morons, saying Crawford has been a better player over his career... Cannot believe they broadcast this sh1t... Crawf would be embarressed by the comparison...
Found it interesting reading Gary Lyon's article crediting Shane Crawford for taking AFL fitness to another level. Especially after the tribute from Crawford at Harves 350th testimonial talking about how Harves ran him off his legs early in his career.

As far as the PR goes, Harvey will likely never get his due compared to those who take on self promotion - there's a perception that because the opportunity to be a long time media player/performer can only exist for a really good player than the really good ones will take it up.

Those who really matter will know. That's Saints supporters and those who played with and against him (I'm surprised by Brownless, but he's entitled to his opinion and they're actually pretty comparable in the way they go about it... I think Crawford's the better goalkicker, but Harvey has him in just about every other aspect).

A thought: If we the fans give him the sendoff he deserves over the next few weeks, given how queit we normally are, and how much we love him, others will realise what he mans to us.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford