Well played Goddard.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Well played Goddard.

I watched you tonight and was impressed. 30+ touches, a great mark and goal at a crucial stage then I watch as you run back through the middle tapping your heart - clearly saying to the rest..."how bout some ticker???"

Im just so gutted tonight. We wont beat Freo and we MUST (as LLS suggested) call for a complete club/football dept review. Its time.

Im a huge fan of Ross Lyon - I believe he knows football but it cant continue that players run out, play pathetic stop start football, allow sides 5 goal leads and always hope for the miracle come back. His footy dept needs and overhaul - the message is not getting through. I dont subscribe to sacking Lyon but I think we need to look at who is around him and how theyve performed. Our fwd line has simply not functioned at ALL this season.

Our list isnt up to it also and if we are gonna take the next step we need to trade some names. Im afarid we have front runners that require some sort of wekkly kick up the @ss just so they turn up and play???? NOT acceptable at this level.

9 disposals for Kosi - looks slow, uncoordinated
Half time - Dal Santo - 1 posession.......f@rkon disgraceful....hang your head AGAIN.

“Yeah….nah””
Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

Was very good.

If we're not careful he'll wish he was at Carlton.

Buckets
SS Life Member

Couldn't agree with you more if i tried :(

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
Saintschampions08
Club Player

Milne?

Pulled himself from having a atrocious game with a few good pieces in the last, but went missing for the majority of the game.

Has gone backwards in the last few weeks.

Both he and Dal had good games after being dropped, until the Hawthorn game.

Since then both have been average or below average.

Batnoe

agree Teflon, this guy is a true saint

Goddard, Roo, Harvey, Sam Fisher, and Max Hudghton, Lenny Hayes and Luke Ball are the only real saints we have at the moment.... the others really need to know who they are playing for or they could be playing for someone else next year. if we trade we must trade well

out of that group 2 of them have not got long left- Harvey and Max, that is dissappointing

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Saintschampions08 wrote:Milne?

Pulled himself from having a atrocious game with a few good pieces in the last, but went missing for the majority of the game.

Time to drop 'em again! Can we drop Kosi as well?

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

but Goddard is still making some bad blues, gave away a stupid free kick on our half forward line, and was one of the players who continually butchered the ball going into our forward line

but was good

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Saintschampions08 wrote:Milne?

Yeah but here we go again.

they are professional AFL footballers.

I will say Lyon continually using him in the back half is hurting us more than the oposition but thats no excuse for his pathetic tackling/defensibve efforts.

“Yeah….nah””
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Batnoe wrote:agree Teflon, this guy is a true saint

Goddard, Roo, Harvey, Sam Fisher, and Max Hudghton, Lenny Hayes and Luke Ball are the only real saints we have at the moment.... the others really need to know who they are playing for or they could be playing for someone else next year. if we trade we must trade well
I'd put Blake into that group as well. And I know we haven't seen much of them lately but Bakes and Xavier could be included.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

BJ is an out and out gun and a great example... Many on here have a go at him about his temper, but thats what sets him apart from the rest of that mob...

Newman
Club Player

Yeah Goddard was one of our better players tonight. Great goal in last q and Milne's miracle goal should have inspired a greater effort. Ah .... memories of the G Train (not as many yips as Roo) and Hamill making a contest in forward line. Two great losses - but that's in the past now.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Said volumes about the game to that stage.that at quarter time BJ was our leading posession winner, playing deep in defence, and the next 7 were Pies players.

21 touches to half time. what a shame most of his kicks had to be to contests because our blokes werent prepared to run HARD (or just idnt have the leg speed) to provide a option in space.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:BJ is an out and out gun and a great example... Many on here have a go at him about his temper, but thats what sets him apart from the rest of that mob...
BJ DEMANDS perfromance aka as Buckley used to hes that sort of week in week out motivated player who doesnt need "causes" to get motivated. hes a gun and must wonder what on earth hes doing at our club with some of the front runners we hoarde.

Hes a fella that expects a lot Goddard and I dont mind that in a club that has learnt to lay down and die when it really counts so easily.

“Yeah….nah””
Red
Club Player

Good game but I think he has had more impact with his possessions in the

past

jays
Club Player

he is the only player besides harves that cares

im so disappointed feel sorry for harves and goddard only players that show they wANT TO WIN HAVE A GOOD LOOK AT YOURSELVES SAINTS YOUS LOST TO A SIDE WHOS BEST PLAYERS AINT PLAYING