Get Kerr

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Who to get.......the next best option.....whoever that maybe.....

that's what applications and interview processes are for....

simple fact......he has not done well enough, the last THREE games have seaed his FATE!!!

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Kerr = CRAP

never had it so good with the likes of Judd and Cousins...

put a tag on him and enter crapola...

IMO dont bother, not worth it

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Richter
SS Life Member

Yep, I agree. We missed Luke Ball terribly in the first half today. Let's face it with our full team fit we can match the best - but with any key cogs out we become ordinary.

The midfield in particular needs to be more consistent if we are to make a flag. Dal typified us today - 1st half anonymous, disinterested. 3rd quarter around the mark but still waiting for the game to come to him. Final quarter - rolled up his sleeves, got down into the mud and gave 100% commitment.

Kerr is one of the top 5 mids in the comp for mine. WCE would expect 2 first picks or one and a gun IMO.

For us that means our first pick + another player (either to WC or another club with the pick traded on to WCE). The player is a tricky one to pick - would need to be young and good. Options are Armo, Gilbo..... Raph (?not good enough), X?

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:Yep, I agree. Kerr is one of the top 5 mids in the comp for mine.
Surely that is an tongue in cheek comment :lol:

Lets name a few

Garry Ablett, Jimmy Bartell, Joel Corey, Lenny Hayes, Joey Montagna, Cameron Bruce, Marc Murphy, Kane Cornes, Paul Chapman,, Brent Stanton, Adam Cooney, Luke Hodge, Luke Ball....

Need I go on???

one of the top 5 mids in the comp
Never been capable of handling a tag....

all of the above are better and have handled tags...

could go on but why bother...

kerr is crap

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Joey Montagna, Cam Bruce and Brent Stanton surely that is even a bigger joke.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Teflon wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Teflon wrote:
Dan Warna wrote:The team has carried Ross Lyon.

and yes, sack the coach, we will go further and further into the mire with Lyon coaching.

the longer he is at the club, the deeper the damage.
yeah yeah....sack another coach...

Next please... :roll:

Whoe the replacement genius??? :roll:

GT, Stan Alves or Ken Sheldon and if they are no good get RL back.
Maybe you could step in as caretaker Plugger? assisted by the Marto with foot massages by Dan?
No Id rather keep RL. If we sack another coach I will give up.
Oh look an unexpected bonus :lol: :lol:

Maybe he might quit in frustration himself

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:

Lets name a few

Garry Ablett, Jimmy Bartell, Joel Corey, Lenny Hayes, Joey Montagna, Cameron Bruce, Marc Murphy, Kane Cornes, Paul Chapman,, Brent Stanton, Adam Cooney, Luke Hodge, Luke Ball....

Need I go on???

one of the top 5 mids in the comp
Never been capable of handling a tag....

all of the above are better and have handled tags...

could go on but why bother...

kerr is crap
umm...not sure what football you watch but let me tell you Kerr would wipe 90% of those blokes...FFS Marc Muprhy?, Montagna????? - Kerr kicks goals and gets his own hard ball........, Stanton.. :shock: and WTF Cam Bruce???

U need to get to more games.

Kerr would be our best midfielder - thats how highly I rate him.

“Yeah….nah””
Batnoe

I think Kerr is ok, but i dont think he is the answer!

We need speed, we dont need a player that handballs it a lot like Kerr does ( i know he runs past and receives handballs also)

we need 2 or 3 of the following

Prismal, Tanace, Foley, Alwyn Davey, Stanton, Salopek, Deledio, Tambling

These guys have good pace and and are probably all better options than Kerr

Deledio, Stanton, salopek would be very hard to get but not impossible if we are willing to trade a Dal or Kosi,

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

St Fidelius wrote:

Lets name a few

Need I go on???

Ball and Joey in the top 5? You jest.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

again kerr is crap and cannot handle tags....

is exposed in a side that is missing cousins and judd and cousins...

if some of you had a clue you may realise this.....

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:again kerr is crap and cannot handle tags....

He played some blinders without Cousins and an injured Judd whilst still at the eagles - at one stage many were suggesting he was the equal of Judd.

Cant be tackled, is quick, CAN tackle (hi Dal), KICKS GOALS from 50.

Im still laughing at Marc Murphy...and Montagna as better...

“Yeah….nah””
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Look, noone would deny Kerr is a class act..but anyone who thinks we are one more good mid away from being a premiership threat are kidding themselves.

Unless Kerr is going to restructure our forward line and teach our plyers some foot skills, then no thanks

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:

He played some blinders without Cousins and an injured Judd whilst still at the eagles - at one stage many were suggesting he was the equal of Judd.

So you think Joey ...being tagged of late, is not a match to your kerr

Yeah I think you have to see more games IMO Joey is far better in our side compared to kerr minus cousins and judd...

kerr is not that good and no way farken known is in the top 5 mids going around FFS

Batnoe

St Fidelius wrote:
Teflon wrote:

Yeah I think you have to see more games IMO Joey is far better in our side compared to kerr minus cousins and judd...

kerr is not that good and no way farken known is in the top 5 mids going around FFS
Joey= snapped tendon in hand, cannot tackle.... he is a great player but the last 2 weeks is not his usual self either. He should get it fixed before it is too late..

If we were to trade Joey for Kerr i wouldnt be happy or unhappy, i think they are on par, at least Joey doesnt get suspended for 6 times in one year, now that is valuable when apparently Kerr is valuable yet he only plays 16 games!

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Look, noone would deny Kerr is a class act..but anyone who thinks we are one more good mid away from being a premiership threat are kidding themselves.

Unless Kerr is going to restructure our forward line and teach our plyers some foot skills, then no thanks
Misse the entire point

We have a side IMO that requires some skill to help the Balls, Hayes, Dals, Montagnas Grams etc.....we need alaos need some immediate genuine clearance support as we get smashed out of the middle by a second rate Collinwgood midfield.

Kerr is 24, young enough IMO to be involved in a st kilda side in the next 3 years for a crack at a flag as long as we can bring on some kids......trouble is to get Kerr you gotta deal......and that means a name player NOT a first round draft pick.

No one said Kerrs the answer - hes a piece of the puzzle that we havent got right at the moment and a block which we can build around. IF he goes to Carlton.....lookout...

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Batnoe wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
Teflon wrote:

Joey= snapped tendon in hand, cannot tackle.... he is a great player but the last 2 weeks is not his usual self either. He should get it fixed before it is too late..

If we were to trade Joey for Kerr i wouldnt be happy or unhappy, i think they are on par, at least Joey doesnt get suspended for 6 times in one year, now that is valuable when apparently Kerr is valuable yet he only plays 16 games!
Eagles would not swap Kerr for Montagna - a player that got within a few votes of a brownlow for a GOP IMO. Nope wed have to do better.

“Yeah….nah””
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Teffers, if he goes to Carlton then I want whoever lodges their TPP's to do my tax return :-)

Doesnt it just seem not right that a team boasting Lenny, Dal, Hayes and Joey needs more grunt and/or silk in the midfield? They were the most feared midfield in the comp in 2004

LIkewise a forwrd line consisting of Roo, Kosi, Milne, Schenider (And Gehrig at one time or another) struggle to kick 100 ptes in a game) Again the most feared fwd line in the co in 2004-2005.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Teffers, if he goes to Carlton then I want whoever lodges their TPP's to do my tax return :-)

Doesnt it just seem not right that a team boasting Lenny, Dal, Hayes and Joey needs more grunt and/or silk in the midfield? They were the most feared midfield in the comp in 2004

LIkewise a forwrd line consisting of Roo, Kosi, Milne, Schenider (And Gehrig at one time or another) struggle to kick 100 ptes in a game) Again the most feared fwd line in the co in 2004-2005.
Dont mention those years or you will be known as a GT lover.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Ah yes, a minor detail that people forget... Kerr is so crap that he just missed a brownlow. :shock:

Would actually be nice to have a mid who could kick 30 goals a year.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
Batnoe

saint66au wrote:Teffers, if he goes to Carlton then I want whoever lodges their TPP's to do my tax return :-)

Ball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Batnoe wrote:

Ahhh whoops yes sawwy my bad lol..does emphasise my point even more though

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
jays
Club Player

NO GOOD

WE CAN KEEP DREAMING BUT THE FACTS ARE WE NEED TO REBUILD

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Batnoe wrote:

WTF? Hayes older, Harvey gawn, Joey too inconsistant. FFS. How can u compare it to 04/05 midfield? No Black, No Aussie. If we don't need grunt, why are we playing Gram and Fish in the middle?

Oh yeah, no X either.

Fwd line? G gwan = -70 goals, Kosi = GOP at the moment.

Let's please stop harping on the glory days.

11 palyers no longer playing. Teams have improved.

But don't let facts get in the way of a good whinge.

It's like you split up with a girl coz it's a bad situation. You find a new girl. Then everytime you have a spat... you start pining for the good old days with your ex. :roll:

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Take a close look at those mids of ours they are either finsihers OR grunt players - they aint both. Kerr is both.

At our maturity cycle list wise if we didnt go for kerr with a genuine offer then we jhave rocks in our head.

We are bot in the position for an entire rebuild to wait 4 yrs for this years draft kids to come on before we are again a genuine chance and IMO we dont need to. We have some talent in the 24-28 age bracket now that kerr could add to.

And while it might seem great on paper and make us all feel warm to say "yeah but we have Hayes, Ball, Dal, Montagna"......facts are this year that aint been enough and again tonight we got smashed for clearance and Port did it to us last week (and L Ball only got 1 clerance so he aint the answer as J Blake had 6 :shock: ).

Kerr is a gun. He wont be cheap but if Carlton get him you can see whoever you like cause they will boast THE best midfield in the comp IMHO.

Judd
Kerr
Gibbs
Murphy
Stevens
Kreuzer

scary.

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:
Batnoe wrote:

WTF? Hayes older, Harvey gawn, Joey too inconsistant. FFS. How can u compare it to 04/05 midfield? No Black, No Aussie. If we don't need grunt, why are we playing Gram and Fish in the middle?

Oh yeah, no X either.

Fwd line? G gwan = -70 goals, Kosi = GOP at the moment.

Let's please stop harping on the glory days.

11 palyers no longer playing. Teams have improved.

But don't let facts get in the way of a good whinge.

It's like you split up with a girl coz it's a bad situation. You find a new girl. Then everytime you have a spat... you start pining for the good old days with your ex. :roll:
I am staggered after watching that game tonight people are even bringing up 2004......some have got to move the f@Rk on...we arent that side ANYMORE.

“Yeah….nah””