Nick Dal Santo for Alan Didak

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

Sam23 wrote:
ralphysaints35 wrote:
fonz_#15 wrote:
ralphysaints35 wrote:i will Boo didak if he gets traded to our club, he doesnt deserve to wear our jumper.
simple.
i don't know what this forum did to deserve your opinion.

can i boo you?
get f***ed.

Didn't you want to be a moderator?

Your chances are now gone, wait - i think you need to have a chance first :oops:
i dont deserve to be spoken to like s*** like these forum members do , you wouldnt bag any one else out like you guys do me.

Sam23
SS Life Member

Please stop sidetracking the thread...

I would enjoy some decent discussion before it gets off track.

Goddard.
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

No way.....

I love how posters talk about consistency issues in relation to Dal Santo.....But not in the same breathe as Didak.

Do we actually watch other games of football regularly?

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

Spinner wrote:No way.....

I love how posters talk about consistency issues in relation to Dal Santo.....But not in the same breathe as Didak.

Do we actually watch other games of football regularly?
yes and i feel didak is consistently better than dal santo, or at the very least more interested.

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
True Blue Sainter
Club Player

I'd actually strongly consider it. Would like something else to come our way, like a Rusling or a 2nd round pick, but would definitely consider it. I think Didak is #1 for kicks and long kicks in the AFL, and has a knack for kicking goals. Would be a handy acquisition.

The Saints are coming!
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

no thanks. i want to see dal back playing the type of football he can play ... for st kilda. in any case, rl has publicly backed him.

ThomasR
Club Player

Didak is exactly the type of player we need for mine and is just stupid more than anything.

However I wouldn't give up Dal for him, lazy as he seems he is one of about three blokes (one of whom is retiring) on our entire list who can reliably hit a target by foot. Would consider a trade for Joey perhaps..

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

didak, flashy forward who plays a couple of quarters a year.

a slightly improved version of Milne

Dal Santo = capable of being a dominant midfielder, atm currently playing as 20 plus possession a game, 3 tackle per game very good midfielder.

Dal Santo is so far ahead of Didak that im sure collingwood would throw in a draft pick as well to be rid of Didak and get a quality midfielder.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Yep..get rid of Dal..we are overflowing with people who can actually kick properly

Maybe we can do a trade for Andrew McLeod..he had a form slump mid-season..Crows are probably looking to trade him :roll:

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Saint Mik
Club Player

Dan, keep an eye on the Pies B&F and see if you come to the same conclusion, he has had plenty of time in the midfeild this year and been more than a CAPABLE Dal Santo

People are in love with our players and I understand that but you need to get results and this playing lists results are far from what is acceptable.

People have a go because you want to see a good result for the club, I cant see why we would want to hold onto Dal Santo, Didak is a better option can play forward and go into the midfield if needed.

How many times have we said I wish our midfeild would kick more goals and here is a player that has ALL what we need.

Been dropped for being an idiot SO WHAT, the bloke got caught in a car with his pissed mate, not really a reason to hang the bloke, and the Pies are that shyte at handling there players that they feel they are better off lying about it :roll: and before anyone says anything about Didaks record we have certain players on our list with past history before they got to us and we all jump up and down when we get them so why a change of heart when it comes to Didak, the bloke is a gun footballer lets not kid ourselves on that one.

Dal Santo would not be missed at our club if we traded him, the bloke got dropped this year as a warning but people forgett to mention that, and now even the coach has to come up with excuses to cover his arse for playing him :roll:

In a heart beat I would do it, we need a change and I think it will happen so Dal is one I would love to trade to see what we could get in return and if Didak was at the right price and we could IMPROVE our list by trading then definatley YES if not then wew keep Dal and go another direction.

The coach says there are untradable players and everyone gets the heart strings out and says good one Ross, I say that if a coach says they are untradable he is thinking about them already, a bit like the board supports the coach with a knife in the hand ready to go.

Make the hard calls Ross and get this list going again, I would rather finish last next year than become the new Richmond happy with 9th position topping up on false dreams year in year out.

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010
Behind Play
Club Player

We all know what Dal can do, we all know what type of person he is. Yes dids is a very good footballer, however at this stage he doesn't tick the second box. Therefore it would be much easier if the club could reignite Dal's passion.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

The very thought of trading Dal for Didak is just another case of FFD (Fantasy Football Delusion)

No objective assessment of the strengths and weaknesses of our list would conclude that we would need to gain another crumbing forward and lose a creative midfielder!!

Sure, Didak spends part of most games in the midfielder. This does not mean that he comes within cooee of being able to play the role commanded by Dal when Dal is fit and in form.

And Milne is going ok ATM IMO. Didak is better, but not hugely so. But I suspect he would take up a fair bit more roon in our salary cap

Of course, on top of this,
Didak is unstable and liable to embarass the club regularly (although perhaps no more so than some of our on-field efforts lately)

But I would guess that Didak has scored far more points this year than Dal in various fantasy leagues. And I suspect that this is only thing that matters for some posters on here!!

The Linton Street Flash
Club Player

Behind Play wrote:We all know what Dal can do, we all know what type of person he is. Yes dids is a very good footballer, however at this stage he doesn't tick the second box. Therefore it would be much easier if the club could reignite Dal's passion.
This "character" bulls#@t gives me the irrits - so you'd keep Dal because his character is supposedly better than Didaks?

Would u seriously prefer a team of useless show-pony footballers who are supposedly of outstanding "character" or a team of ratbags who actually put in on the footy field?

I know what i'd chose.

For all this crap about their bad culture vs our good culture - they come out on Saturday night, bad culture and all, and make out little choir boys look like passionless flogs.

Some journalist (probably Sheahan) sold this culture crap to the public some time ago and it's bloody embarrassing - i don't need my team to be role models for me - I need them to win friggin games and look like it means something to them.

Didak any day of the week - Dal Santo - Mr. Stupid Footy Show Hat - You're Kidding Me???

PS: If someone can explain to me how going out on the piss 6 nights before a big game is any worse than putting your hand up to play when you are supposedly "sick" I'd really appreciate it. Good on ya Mr. Team man!!

PPS: Was the silly hat actually a medicated silly hat prescribed by his doctor to help with his "tonsilitis"? - It must have been!
Last edited by The Linton Street Flash on Wed 13 Aug 2008 9:50am, edited 1 time in total.

Look again it's the Flash!!
MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Sam23 wrote:
I'm not sure what good a outside player..........

........but we simply don't need him, no longer important to our team.

Don't take this as a Dal bashing thread ..
And Didak is an inside player, hard at it is he ?? :shock:

That's right trade Dal Santo, we don't need players who can actually hit a target, do we

Great message that sends to several players, including Dal Santo, who stayed for less money, to try and forge a strong team

Poor effort only listing Dal Santo's negatives, and Didaks good points

Go figure :shock:

Never would I do that trade

Your servants shall hold her stones dear, and have pity on her dust :shock:
Saint Mik
Club Player

The Linton Street Flash wrote:
Behind Play wrote:We all know what Dal can do, we all know what type of person he is. Yes dids is a very good footballer, however at this stage he doesn't tick the second box. Therefore it would be much easier if the club could reignite Dal's passion.
This "character" bulls#@t gives me the irrits - so you'd keep Dal because his character is supposedly better than Didaks?

Would u seriously prefer a team of useless show-pony footballers who are supposedly of outstanding "character" or a team of ratbags who actually put in on the footy field?

I know what i'd chose.

For all this crap about their bad culture vs our good culture - they come out on Saturday night, bad culture and all, and make out little choir boys look like passionless flogs.

Some journalist (probably Sheahan) sold this culture crap to the public some time ago and it's bloody embarrassing - i don't need my team to be role models for me - I need them to win friggin games and look like it means something to them.

Didak any day of the week - Dal Santo - Mr. Stupid Footy Show Hat - You're Kidding Me???

PS: If someone can explain to me how going out on the piss 6 nights before a big game is any worse than putting your hand up to play when you are supposedly "sick" I'd really appreciate it. Good on ya Mr. Team man!!

PPS: Was the silly hat actually a medicated silly hat prescribed by his doctor to help with his "tonsilitis"? - It must have been!
Be careful some might tear up at the thought of being honest, some on here love the Nicky Dal, others have had a gutful of him, I for one am sick and tired of paying my money every year to watch a few blokes go through the motions.

Get rid of Dal while we can before its to late, you dont trade KKP of Kossies ilk and Milney well we have been there and done that we are stuck with him.

Dals performance over the last 2 seasons is about 50% down on what we expect so give me a reason to keep him and I will shut up about it.

We wont miss him at all going on what he is giving us at the minute, make that giving us in general.

I will take a flashy forward that can kick goals over a flashy midfielder that cant get his hands on the pill, cough-cough bloody tonsills :roll:

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

I wouldnt trade the contents of the sweage tanks at Moorabbin for Allan Didak.

He would be cultural cancer and Premership suicide if we recruited that selfish, arrogant piss head to St Kilda.

I would not buy a membership or piece of merchandise that he appears on for the time he is at the club if we recruited him.

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
Saint Mik
Club Player

Hurricane wrote:
I would not buy a membership or piece of merchandise that he appears on for the time he is at the club if we recruited him.
Funny that, because that is how I feel at the moment about some of our great players after performances like last Saturday night and 2 weeks before that when for the first time in a few seasons we have had the chance to put the club in a PERFECT position for a crack at some September action

Yet we still think we are good enough and some players performances like Dals, Milnes and Kossies is good enough. :shock:

Why do you think it is going get any better? we are talking seasons on end not just a few games in a row, Give someone else a crack because what we are getting from our group is just crap and cant be justified with excuses from anyone

St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

This trade should only be suggested when Hell actually freezes over. Didak is a fine player, and a complete untrustworthy knob. Dal is a fine (albeit different styled) player, and causes no off field grief. A no brainer.

True Blue Sainter
Club Player

Didak's stats this year...

402 disposals @ 22.33 a game
102 marks @ 5.67 a game
38 tackles @ 2.11 a game
24 goals (15 points) @ 1.33 a game

Coupled with this he has a rare ability to find teammates from the most difficult positions, has brilliant vision, and can push into the midfield. Purely on footballing terms, you'd have to consider the trade.

Slightly improved version of Milne? Hmm....

The Saints are coming!
footynut
Club Player

I would never want to loose Dal however I may consider a trade that consisted of Didak and a young up and comer such as Wellingham or Goldsack.

I think that makes it a bit more of an interesting trade

maverick
Saintsational Legend

Wow, Dal is really copping a whack isn't he?
We either hero worship or burn at the stake here don't we...

Simple rule, never trade with the Pies, very few if any of their traded players go onto better things........

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Yep..get rid of Dal..we are overflowing with people who can actually kick properly

Maybe we can do a trade for Andrew McLeod..he had a form slump mid-season..Crows are probably looking to trade him :roll:
Correct.

Uses the ball everytime he gets a possession....

Once in a decade player. And people want to trade him.

Saint Mik
Club Player

St DAC wrote:. Dal is a fine (albeit different styled) player, and causes no off field grief.
Doesnt cause any greif on field and thats the problem, who gives a stuff what he does off field, christ he could play dress ups on TV for all I care as long as he is killing it out on the ground, oh hang on theres the problem he is playing dressups and then getting the coach to makeup bullshyte excuses for him when he cant get more than 3 touches in a half of football against a side that has MANY star players missing.

Get rid of him, he has had plenty of time to show us what he can do, the thing is we want more time than 4 QTRS a year

TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

I am getting quite a chuckle reading this thread actually.

Oooh Didak's a pisshead, he's a cancer blah blah blah (btw the term 'cancer' should NOT be used when talking about football clubs)

Want to talk about pissheads?

Steve Johnson anyone?

Think he may have won a Norm Smith last year and is the most creative forward in the league.

Geelong didn't want a bar of him at the start of last year. But their "culture" down there and the way they handled him spoke volumes about how players with a bad past can turn it around.

I heard Jimmy Bartel come out and say that Geelong would be keen on Didak at the end of the year if he was tradeable.

If such a dominant team like Geelong is keen, then that says maybe their culture is strong enough to handle someone like Didak. The way people on this forum bang on about our "culture" shouldn't have an issue with it, should they?

Still if we don't want to take a chance then that's fine. We'll just keep embracing our "heroes" who are more than happy to take their pay-cheques and keep producing mediocre performances.

markp
Saintsational Legend

I wouldn't do the trade, but I'd have Didak.

He's hardly a murderer... and give me half a pisshead with a bit of mongrel in him over a self confessed metrosexual who dresses up like a ponce on the footy show any day.