Victory room tonight

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Victory room tonight

Just got home and how sweet it was :twisted:

...after stressing out in the first Quarter when it looked like we hadn't even turned up...was so relieved that the boys came through for the man...went to the victory room and the atmosphere was electric...With Beaver doing a brilliant job with the interviews heard from Frankie Peckett,Luke Beveridge ,Bretty Voss , Aussie Jones,Ben Mcenvoy & Brad Howard.

Then the roof almost lifted off with the man himself giving a sensational interview.Got emotional at one point and half the crowd teared up with him...was a huge privilidge just to be there...

The icing on the cake was catching up with Lazar Vidovic and "Rocket" Rod Owen who were both generous company 8-)

What a day...We can all sleep happy...we are in the finals and the great man has been honoured in a fitting way.

Pissed on a Sunday night and absolutely loving it :twisted: :wink:

Go Sainters :twisted:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
Dal'sGal26
Club Player

Victory Room was amazing and so was the whole day! No way better to celebrate the career of the one and only Robert Harvey!

i <3 the red, white and black

Sainter for LIFE!
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Didnt think that we'd get in once we made the trek around from the MW so opted for the slightly less crowded Livewire for a celebratory ale

Was it packed? Some people not get in?

Glad there was a great atmosphere :-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Didnt think that we'd get in once we made the trek around from the MW so opted for the slightly less crowded Livewire for a celebratory ale

Was it packed? Some people not get in?

Glad there was a great atmosphere :-)
Hi Michael tossed up between the Victory room and Livewire.... a tough choice after that sort of win...was well attended but everyone seemed to get in ok..the atmoshere was something special especially when Harves spoke...sorry I missed you guys before the game as was running a little late from a Sorrento sleepover..

How did it go pregame???

....comforting to know that Eastern would have funded the bar on my behalf :wink:

The cheque is the in the mail Father Eastern :wink: :twisted: :wink:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
Baldock Rules
Club Player

Great to catch up Pat.The atmosphere was amazing and it was special to be there for the Harvey interview.The guy is the heart and soul of the club and pure class.

There are freaks and freaks and Baldock was both of those.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

what did Harvs say? wouldve lioved to have heard that..

“Yeah….nah””
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

ws fantastic that they now have a sound system that can oveerride the rude people who chat through interviews-- or are some finally learning

and having the two big screens at differant positions mean that even if you couldn't see to the stage you could see what was happening.

Harves said much the same as is on the sportal interview-- the noise and supporter efforts seem to get to him as st pat said
http://sportal.com.au/mediaplayer/audio ... l-day-3327

Good work by the social club and club officials

plenty of cameras and video corders being used by the club-
I really hope they put it all together in a higlights video or what ever--

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
St.Kenny
Club Player

very moving. true champ.

My behaviour is considered acceptable in some far off remote exotic countries...
my les foote
Club Player

I can't believe any Saints fan would go to Livewire when there was the possibility that The Great Man would speak in the Victory Room

Win it for HIM!
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

my les foote wrote:I can't believe any Saints fan would go to Livewire when there was the possibility that The Great Man would speak in the Victory Room
1.By the time we'd walked from the MW (after a few rounds of the song and saying goodbye to people I wont see til 09) was pretty sure it would be so crowded they'd have shut the doors.

2. Had agreed to meet some neutral friends at Livewire after the game, who as Tigers fans had the decency to put the dissapointment of missing finals behind them to stick around for a drink. They'd also made the effort to come to the game out of respect for Harves

I'm comfortable with my level of respect to the Great Man today thanks :-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Was fanstastic in the victory room after the game. Actually thought it was one of the great moments of our clubs success starved history which the man mentioned.

I saw people crying in there after Harves got off the stage,was a great moment to be a apart of.

Hightlight was probably when I had to explain to Gordon Fode why he's on my facebook friends list....... He go's "ahh your the fishing bloke from NT!" ,hehe.

Bring back the Lockett era
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Great night, just got home, still pumped. Victory Room was terrific, took a Crow supporting mate in with me. He couldn't believe it, said it as like a Grand Final night...told him that I wouldn't know.

my les foote
Club Player

saint66au wrote:
my les foote wrote:I can't believe any Saints fan would go to Livewire when there was the possibility that The Great Man would speak in the Victory Room
1.By the time we'd walked from the MW (after a few rounds of the song and saying goodbye to people I wont see til 09) was pretty sure it would be so crowded they'd have shut the doors.

2. Had agreed to meet some neutral friends at Livewire after the game, who as Tigers fans had the decency to put the dissapointment of missing finals behind them to stick around for a drink. They'd also made the effort to come to the game out of respect for Harves

I'm comfortable with my level of respect to the Great Man today thanks :-)
Not a matter of paying respect. I just can't imagine wanting to be anywhere else

Win it for HIM!
ctqs
Club Player

I still reckon Harves got a little choked up and turned away at the end of the first or second question, when asked about the reaction to his feats. That was priceless. Here's a man who is as passionate about the club and the game as anyone going around, but who doesn't really show a lot of emotion and just goes with the flow, having his voice crack in appreciation.

Still waiting for closure ... if you get my drift.
VietNam_Saint
Club Player

Good catching up with some of you pre and post at livewire.

I did wander off to the victory room as we left livewire and was there to hear the Great One speak. Teared me up no end.

Was talking to a couple of ex players and am still trying to figure out who they were. And of course i couldn't ask ,, just not blokey to do that ,,, just pretended like i knew all along ,, and i am positive these blokes were thinking " This bloke doesn't know who i am !!" ,, how embarressment for me . :oops:

Was worth the haul and the tiredness just to be at that game. Will be at next weeks game as well.

Cheers all.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

What will be next from this club ?
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

ctqs wrote:I still reckon Harves got a little choked up and turned away at the end of the first or second question, when asked about the reaction to his feats. That was priceless. Here's a man who is as passionate about the club and the game as anyone going around, but who doesn't really show a lot of emotion and just goes with the flow, having his voice crack in appreciation.
after that question

at end of Interview--

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
The Saintsational Man
Club Player

HARVEY.....HARVEY.....HARVEY.....HARVEY.....HARVEY

markp
Saintsational Legend

Was beaming and seemed overjoyed when he walked in too..... he's the real deal.

howlinwolf
Club Player

The "Real Deal"
Mark P you hit the nail on the head there. Harves is the Real Deal for sure.

You obviously know your blues music. Harves is to football what Stevie Ray Vaughan is to Blues music. The Real Deal.

SaintBrat thanks so much for posting those photos of the Victory room. We were there and the guy was overcome with humility.
The Real legends are modest and Harves is up there with the best of them.

Can anyone tell us where we can get a video of that Victory Room speech with Bruce Eva ?

It was video taped. I saw the camera.

All fans should have this.

BakesFan
SS Life Member

howlinwolf wrote: Can anyone tell us where we can get a video of that Victory Room speech with Bruce Eva ?

It was video taped. I saw the camera.

All fans should have this.
I'm guessing the club will be releasing a tribute DVD to honour The Great Man......If it's only 1/2 as classy as The Man himself, it'll be a work of art :D

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
howlinwolf
Club Player

How good would this be as a new member 2009 sign up giveaway ?

A dvd of Harves highlights ! Including that magic moment in the Victory room !

Either that or on a specially packaged Harves dvd for sale and you count me in.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

i love banger....and i'm proud to say that....proud to be a sainter and thus have that connection to the great man............watching banger play must arouse similar feelings to those felt by aussie cricket fans watching the great bradman bat in his last few innnings...... :D

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
SaintWal
Club Player

stinger wrote:i love banger....and i'm proud to say that....proud to be a sainter and thus have that connection to the great man............watching banger play must arouse similar feelings to those felt by aussie cricket fans watching the great bradman bat in his last few innnings...... :D
Great call Stinger. The Adelaide game was the best "buzz" I have had from a game in a long time and it is because it was about Harves.