Nathan Carroll

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:Yeah, its all about the bloody kids...again! :roll:
It's not????

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Can't be bothered trawling thru all the posts, but have never been a fan of Cuz.

Am not a fan of Carroll either, but more for football reasons.

jays
Club Player

caroll is a hack

markp
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote: Unless I see a really public statement of him stating his regret and admitting his problem and really wanting to turn around, then I am happy to let him rot with his mates, like Mainwaring.
http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/s ... 94876.html

"I would like to address the fact that I am overcoming drug addiction. It is an ongoing process," he said. "Contrary to media reports, I am a lot further down the track in my rehabilitation than has been reported."

For the first time, he made a full apology for his dramatic behaviour over the past year. In March, Cousins spent a month in a drug rehabilitation clinic in California and he missed the first half of the AFL season despite making a mid-season comeback for the Eagles. He was sacked by the club last month after being arrested by West Australian police over drug-related charges. Those charges have since been dropped.

"I would like to apologise to the AFL, the players and supporters for the embarrassment my conduct has brought to the game," Cousins said.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

This thread appears to have become a bit "off topic" and more about Cuz.

My view has always been that we all have choices in life... good or bad. Cuz made the wrong choice and screwed his life up. I have never been addicted to drugs, nor been involved in that scene, so I cannot speak first hand of the peer pressure or how easy it may be to suck you into addiction.

On the one hand, Cuz has to take responsibility for his actions. But not having lived the scene, I have no right to judge the man or his actions.

All I can see is that he HAS admitted to having a problem, he HAS been suspended and had his life as a footballer taken away from him, and whilst his actions thus far may not be enough to satisfy some of the righteous people on this forum... he does appear to be making a serious attempt to turn his life around.

Regardles of whether he joins us or not... he should be afforded a certain level of compassion, and respect, until he proves otherwise.

Hate is such a strong word. Any loss of life is a tragic waste IMO. Drug related or otherwise.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Cuz hey!

Already taking him to your heart

Saints94
SS Life Member

I reckon he will be a decent back-up backman all the pressure was on him when he played at the dees, but if he comes here he will be backed up by Max,Gilbert,S.Fisher etc

Legendary
Club Player

Actually had a couple of pretty good years in 2006 and 2007 and is a more than decent player.

Struggled this year, but so would have SOS in the Demons backline.

Actually could be a handy pickup for a couple of years on a low wage.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Thanks Markp, I hadn't seen that article.