One thing I didn't like

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

One thing I didn't like

I listened to the game on the radio so I haven't seen the replay yet but apparently our players were madly alerting the umpire to Chris Judd and the blood gushing from his nose/face trying to get him sent off. Keep it real boys.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Just watching it now, it WAS a massive amount of blood - couldn't close his mouth properly there was so much running out...

SteveStevens66
Club Player

What's wrong with alerting the umpires? He was bleeding like a stuck pig. Watch the replay. You'll see.

Carna Saints!!!
Middo
Club Player

Re: One thing I didn't like

Cairnsman wrote:I listened to the game on the radio so I haven't seen the replay yet but apparently our players were madly alerting the umpire to Chris Judd and the blood gushing from his nose/face trying to get him sent off. Keep it real boys.
Watch the reply you GOOSE, any side would complain !!!! Watch then make a comment ......Ps It was real ...

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

SteveStevens66 wrote:What's wrong with alerting the umpires? He was bleeding like a stuck pig. Watch the replay. You'll see.
I'm not questioning the fact that he was bleeding badly, that was obvious from the call, however what was also obvious from the call was that the saints players, and in particular BJ were dobbing Judd in to the umpire. I just reckon that it make you look weak in the eyes of your opposition.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

Well apparantly according to the commentators we only kicked goals when judd was off the ground. I am over judds broken nose and ive only seen 1 quarter.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
SteveStevens66 wrote:What's wrong with alerting the umpires? He was bleeding like a stuck pig. Watch the replay. You'll see.
I'm not questioning the fact that he was bleeding badly, that was obvious from the call, however what was also obvious from the call was that the saints players, and in particular BJ were dobbing Judd in to the umpire. I just reckon that it make you look weak in the eyes of your opposition.
Probably wait til you see it Cairnsman.

If he'd come anywhere near me on the ground I'd have "sooked" about it too.

Munga
Saintsational Legend

If Judd stayed he could've fainted from the blood loss, we're just looking after him :twisted:

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
F_Q_F
Club Player

Munga wrote:If Judd stayed he could've fainted from the blood loss, we're just looking after him :twisted:
Exactly, good work by the Saints OH&S staff for teaching the players :wink:

Milton66
SS Life Member

F_Q_F wrote:
Munga wrote:If Judd stayed he could've fainted from the blood loss, we're just looking after him :twisted:
Exactly, good work by the Saints OH&S staff for teaching the players :wink:
Are they any good at teaching them about interchange rules? :?

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Judd would have bled to death if BJ didn't get him some medical attention.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Judd was killing us and he shouldn't have been allowed on the ground. Nothing wrong with what our boys did.

Leo.J
SS Life Member

Fair chance they would have won if he didn't break his nose...

BUT HE DID, AND THEY DIDN'T

Go Saints.

Gabba
SS Hall of Fame

He was choking at one stage. The whole thing was ridiculous.

Leo.J
SS Life Member

Gabba wrote:He was choking at one stage. The whole thing was ridiculous.
Who Fevola or Judd?

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

if he wants to bleed, let him bleed all over his own officials and players, not ours.

i can see what cairnsman is saying, but i'm glad bj was quick-thinking enough to alert the umpire to this potentially dangerous situation.

a match-winning move imo.

we desperately need to find an answer to judd next time we play them.

mick13
Club Player

Lol, if Dal, Joey or Roo were pissing out blood dont you think their players would have alerted the ump?

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Judd went off the ground....?? I was there and I didn't notice.....didn't make much of a difference despite protestations to the contrary!

SteveStevens66
Club Player

Just in terms of duty of care, Carlton were incredibly irresponsible (read desperate) in trying to patch him up. He was swallowing his own blood and couldn't breathe. He needed to be carted off to hospital. It just shows how little respect that scum of a club has for its own players let alone other teams.

Carna Saints!!!
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
That's crap!

Fact is there are rules to be adhered to. You can't be bloodied and still be on the field for health reasons. The players were within their rights.

Another opportunity awaits!
ace
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:Just watching it now, it WAS a massive amount of blood - couldn't close his mouth properly there was so much running out...
Will get paid in blood money.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

When the clash first happened in the third quarter, and Chris Judd went off, we kicked three goals. Nobody knows whether we would have kicked them anyway but it didn't do our chances any harm. Of course, we had one or two off with the blood rule and/or contact injuries from time to time too.

On Cairnsman's point, I didn't like it either and it was his direct opponent who did the telling. I know other teams and players do it but that doesn't mean we have to.

On an associated point, Carlton should be called to answer as to why they continually sent him back onto the field when he was clearly in no state to continue. Not only was he still bleeding, but he could not breathe properly and was swallowing blood. There was a real risk for him and their medical staff should hang their heads in shame. The AFL should act.

Owen
Club Player

As someone who has collapsed on the Emergency room floor at Royal Melbourne and ended up needing a couple of bags due to severe nose trauma & blood loss .. I'm feeling for what Judd went through last night ... win or lose its no laughing matter a bad blood nose ... so credit to him for playing on with it

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I heard the AFL was questioning Carlton for putting him back on, as there was so much blood.

When the Carlton fans cheered him when he ran back out in the final quarter, wow he must feel that kind of love. As mentioned in another thread, I feel we could do so much more in support of our boys.

wallbanger
Club Player

Fair enough I reckon - the rules are there for a reason.

As pointed out already, had Roo been bleeding they would've been screaming like stuck pigs about it. Do you think Fev wouldn't have pointed out that Max was bleeding if he had the chance? Do you think any Geelong player wouldn't be pointing out the fact that the opposition gun shouldn't be out there?

It's time to get ruthless - we are a top team now, time to act like one and show no mercy.

No brainer for mine. He was on the field against the rules. As i said on the night. "get off, stay off and STOP BLEEDING ON US!"

Please...let's win a Premiership before GEELONG!!!! (O.k., so we've missed that opportunity...maybe let's win the next one before Geelong????)