Why Carlton won't succeed

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
White Winmar wrote:Yes Solar, how does Juddy find the time to play football when he has to spend so much time saving the world on behalf of Visy. Another rort? Surely not!
So you think that a club which was fined so much they nearly went out of business and had many draft picks taken off them over 2 years by the AFL would get away with just pretending to have Juddy work for Visy. Have a feeling the AFL would be checking this very carefully.
he goes in once a week, tey are not the only one doing this type of things but one of the few that used it to recruit someone. AFL have made a rod fo their own back and the biggest problem is that it's not an "outcome" position an thus it's hard to pin down.

But thanks for the AFL reply plugger :roll:
No worries. Anytime.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:Not to minimize the 'bag the scum' thread, but all CLubs find ways to 'get around' the salary cap and pay some players extra.

It just so happens that the late benefactor of Carlscum had deeper pockets than most aother Clubs have access to.

Every Club (including our own) has found a way to legally bend the rules.

The wet cokers were doing some mining share system.
The tiggers had some land deals going on with Clinton Casey
The scum used to set their players up in businesses in the 90's - anybody had some printing done by Diesel?
The Demons were offering use of skis, gloves, goggles and lodges to players.
Seriously, the Demons and Bombers were probably as bad as Carlscum in cheating teh Salary Cap in teh 90's. Have they stopped, or just found a better way of doing it?

The truth is that if Lindsay Fox had thrown his money behind the Saints in a similar way to Pratt, would we be complaining about it?
No but he hasn't so I will keep at it till he does :D :D

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:Not to minimize the 'bag the scum' thread, but all CLubs find ways to 'get around' the salary cap and pay some players extra.

It just so happens that the late benefactor of Carlscum had deeper pockets than most aother Clubs have access to.

The scum used to set their players up in businesses in the 90's - anybody had some printing done by Diesel?
Seriously, the Demons and Bombers were probably as bad as Carlscum in cheating teh Salary Cap in teh 90's. Have they stopped, or just found a better way of doing it?

The truth is that if Lindsay Fox had thrown his money behind the Saints in a similar way to Pratt, would we be complaining about it?
No but he hasn't so I will keep at it till he does :D :D
Fair enough! :)

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
White Winmar wrote:Would he really be "earning" the money that is allocated to his Visy work in his contract, Plugger66? I agree, the AFL would monitor it. In fact I believe they have to sign off on contracts where player's work in some official or significant capacity for their clubs. I can't help feeling though, that there is plenty of room to rort the system. Juddy is highly qualified to speak on all matters pertaining to the environment, paper manufacturing etc. etc.........Now I'm being sarcastic, a bit like yourself in that last post plugger66.
For a change I wasnt being sarcastic. Do we know what qualifications Judd has. Comes across as a person who would have done plenty of studying. As for the post when does he train. Pretty sure he wouldnt work anywhere near full time so he would have plenty of time to train. Most players at the Saints either have a job or do schooling. Any system can be rorted but surely that everyone knows Judd works for Visy actually makes it harder to rort as the AFL can access his payment from visy.
btw this is the company who actually rorted the system :roll: I live in fairy land where the AFL is perfect and no-one tries to screw the system ..... anyone want fairy bread :roll:

(btw anyone enjoying the soccer... sorry had to post that for you plugger, I know how you like to widen your horizons....)
Actually watching the mentalist. My horizons are wide enough.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Solar wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
White Winmar wrote:Would he really be "earning" the money that is allocated to his Visy work in his contract, Plugger66? I agree, the AFL would monitor it. In fact I believe they have to sign off on contracts where player's work in some official or significant capacity for their clubs. I can't help feeling though, that there is plenty of room to rort the system. Juddy is highly qualified to speak on all matters pertaining to the environment, paper manufacturing etc. etc.........Now I'm being sarcastic, a bit like yourself in that last post plugger66.
For a change I wasnt being sarcastic. Do we know what qualifications Judd has. Comes across as a person who would have done plenty of studying. As for the post when does he train. Pretty sure he wouldnt work anywhere near full time so he would have plenty of time to train. Most players at the Saints either have a job or do schooling. Any system can be rorted but surely that everyone knows Judd works for Visy actually makes it harder to rort as the AFL can access his payment from visy.
btw this is the company who actually rorted the system :roll: I live in fairy land where the AFL is perfect and no-one tries to screw the system ..... anyone want fairy bread :roll:

(btw anyone enjoying the soccer... sorry had to post that for you plugger, I know how you like to widen your horizons....)
enjoying mr "I like america better" Baker ;) awww your no fun!

FQF
In richo I trust

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Solar wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Bigger salary cap for actors in America and he getting money under the table doing some ads as well.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Solar wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Solar wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Bigger salary cap for actors in America and he getting money under the table doing some ads as well.
"you do have a green card don't you??"
"what? a card coloured green.....".

gotta love flight of the concordes....

FQF
In richo I trust

ctqs
Club Player

The best thing I have ever read on this forum. Couldn't have put it better myself. Absolute gold.

Still waiting for closure ... if you get my drift.
GSG
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
The Fireman wrote:Cheats never prosper?
Yes they do but as much as it seems everyone hates Carlton here they did win 14 flags before they cheated. I wish we could be half as good. Actually I dont care how many we have won as long as we win this year.

Yes, they did win 14 flags, but remember, they always were the proverbial CHEQUEBOOK club. They always had the money to buy the players - much like Manchester United. Once the AFL was formed, this was no longer possible and that's when the cheating started.

Clubs like the Bullies and Saints never really had the money to buy good players - therefore not much success.

Breva Sidan

Re: Why Carlton won't succeed

White Winmar wrote:Then there was the late, not so great Dick Pratt. Another filthy cheat who exploited the masses for his personal gain. So he gave some of it away to the arts and charities. So he should have. His generosity was largely a PR stunt to deflect us away from the real truth about him. Has anyone ever been more appropriately named? Dick as in penis, pratt, the English slang term for one who is a fool or speaks in foolish and inconsequential ways. That's not to mention all the shady back room boys who fund and help run the place.
Say what you like about our club, call us cheats, tell us we're way off winning a flag, whatever you like, but laying the boots into Mr Pratt after he's passed away is disgraceful. You need to have a look at yourself.

Great game last night, I was pleased we were able to push you to the end as I really rate the way you've played this season, but comments like this really make me glad I've seen 8 flags in my lifetime and you've maybe seen one.

158 - 48
Milton66
SS Life Member

Breva Sidan wrote:
White Winmar wrote:Then there was the late, not so great Dick Pratt. Another filthy cheat who exploited the masses for his personal gain. So he gave some of it away to the arts and charities. So he should have. His generosity was largely a PR stunt to deflect us away from the real truth about him. Has anyone ever been more appropriately named? Dick as in penis, pratt, the English slang term for one who is a fool or speaks in foolish and inconsequential ways. That's not to mention all the shady back room boys who fund and help run the place.
Say what you like about our club, call us cheats, tell us we're way off winning a flag, whatever you like, but laying the boots into Mr Pratt after he's passed away is disgraceful. You need to have a look at yourself.

Great game last night, I was pleased we were able to push you to the end as I really rate the way you've played this season, but comments like this really make me glad I've seen 8 flags in my lifetime and you've maybe seen one.
You can put up all the bravado you want, and talk about premierships, and even put that little stat in your sig...

But the bottom line remains that if you need to come and troll on our forum to comment, then the loss cuts deeper than you care to admit.

It must be humiliating to know that you're still our biatches after 12 games. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now bugger off.

12-0 & 12-0

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
reincarnated

Breva Sidan wrote:

Pratt is dead, nobody on this forum really cares

Call him Dick, stop pretending as if he is some sort of god as well, he isn't Mr Pratt to you so stop pretending so

It's almost like you are getting down on your knees to pleasure a dead man

Milton66
SS Life Member

reincarnated wrote:
Breva Sidan wrote:

Pratt is dead, nobody on this forum really cares

Call him Dick, stop pretending as if he is some sort of god as well, he isn't Mr Pratt to you so stop pretending so

It's almost like you are getting down on your knees to pleasure a dead man
Necrophyliac? :shock:

Breva Sidan

Milton66 wrote:
Breva Sidan wrote:

You can put up all the bravado you want, and talk about premierships, and even put that little stat in your sig...

But the bottom line remains that if you need to come and troll on our forum to comment, then the loss cuts deeper than you care to admit.

It must be humiliating to know that you're still our biatches after 12 games. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now bugger off.

12-0 & 12-0
I'm not cut about the loss at all, St Kilda are one of the 2 form teams in the comp and we pushed you all the way. You deserved your win, but I'm happy with our performance.

I'm certainly not trolling either. If I was I'd have asked when 'The Streak' Volume 2 is due out, mentioned something about 7 cents in the dollar and how it feels to lose 3 preliminary finals in 5 years.

If you're happy for your forum to be taking shots at a guy after he's passed away then good luck to you, but we owe a lot to the man and he deserves better than that, regardless of which side you support.

158 - 48
Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

GSG wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
The Fireman wrote:Cheats never prosper?
Yes they do but as much as it seems everyone hates Carlton here they did win 14 flags before they cheated. I wish we could be half as good. Actually I dont care how many we have won as long as we win this year.

Yes, they did win 14 flags, but remember, they always were the proverbial CHEQUEBOOK club. They always had the money to buy the players - much like Manchester United. Once the AFL was formed, this was no longer possible and that's when the cheating started.

Clubs like the Bullies and Saints never really had the money to buy good players - therefore not much success.
The differance is that the AFL has a salary cap the English Premier League does not.

If Manchester United want to buy a player for $50 million and pay him $50,000 a week then there is no worries with that. Carlton dont (or are not supposed to) have that luxury

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Breva Sidan wrote: I'm not cut about the loss at all, St Kilda are one of the 2 form teams in the comp and we pushed you all the way. You deserved your win, but I'm happy with our performance.

I'm certainly not trolling either. If I was I'd have asked when 'The Streak' Volume 2 is due out, mentioned something about 7 cents in the dollar and how it feels to lose 3 preliminary finals in 5 years.

If you're happy for your forum to be taking shots at a guy after he's passed away then good luck to you, but we owe a lot to the man and he deserves better than that, regardless of which side you support.
Breva, your club will not get any sympathy from us.

Your Club tried to have us cease to exist - go out of business.
You expect us to forgive and forget?

If nothing else, that fact on its own entitles us to treat your CLub with utter contempt forever.

And BTW, is that you over on TalkingCarlton telling others to log on over here and laugh at us?

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Breva Sidan wrote:[

Mate, do you know anything about this guy other than what you've read in the paper? Not much of which is complementary. I've been involved in the arts industry for nearly thirty years and have crossed paths with
Mr. Pratt. Apart from being a lying, cheating, greedy criminal, he was arrogant, self important, highly sexist, extremely rude and a bully.
He may have bought you Juddy and bailed your morally bankrupt scum of a club out of the gilt edged financial hole that Elliott dug for you, but he was what he was, no amount of glossed over eulogies will change that. Suck it up or piss off.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

What will never change Breva Sidan is that he built an empire on rorting, collaboration and theft. Sycophants like you bestow god-like status on a common criminal like Pratt. Cheated on his wife and humiliated her by making it public, a thief who only escaped justice through death. His unauthorised biography will be out early next year. Then you'll get a more complete and objective view of what sort of "man" he was. Good riddance and spare us the crocodile tears. All history owes us is the truth, even in death.

BTW he stole from every Australian through his shady practices. Yes BS, even you, yet you still deify him. How many small businesses and competitors did he help send to the wall through illegal activities? Good heavens, are you so blind you can't see what he did? Then again, the moral relativists at Carlton believe that cheating and stealing are legitimate forms of work.

You are obviously cut deeply by the loss. You mentioned all the tired cliches that the cheating filth have trotted out over the years. Can't think of anything original? Then spare us your pathetic preaching about Pratt and p*ss off back to the home of Dishonesty, Princes, Optus, Visy......, no wait, the most appropriate of all. Prostitution Park!

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
Milton66
SS Life Member

Breva Sidan wrote:
Milton66 wrote:
Breva Sidan wrote:

Now bugger off.

12-0 & 12-0
I'm not cut about the loss at all, St Kilda are one of the 2 form teams in the comp and we pushed you all the way. You deserved your win, but I'm happy with our performance.

No I don't. A crim is a crim is a crim. Not to mention cheating on his wife.

And for what it's worth, I held this opinion when he was alive. Had he lived longer ASIC would have put him away.

The only reason your filthy criminal Presidents are not in jail is because they had big pockets and could afford good lawyers.

Until you can understand the huniliation of heving your club trying to wind us up, and that other d'head calling us a rabble, you'll never truly understand the argument.

Here's Elliot complaining how the Bummers robbed you of a flag coz they cheated, and you guys were doing the same.

Talk about frickin hypocrisy. :roll:

Aprt from 95 when you still had a team full of paper bag receivers, how many flags have you won in the AFL when the rules came in to stop cheating??

This is our forum, dude. If you want to troll on here and expect to be welcomed with open arms, then guess again.

Now F*** off back to yer cheating mates and ponder the if only's that cost you the game.

12-0 & 12-0

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Interesting argument, re the salary cap. A friend of mine who is a mad NRL nut and knows the rules and regulations informed me today that under their system that if a player receives any type of payment via a company that sponsors the club or by a company that any member of the club is affiliated with, it is included in the what is counted towards a players salary. Maybe to even up the odds and make the game more credible we should take a leaf out of their book..??

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Breva Sidan wrote:

Respect has to be earned. It doesn't come automatically because you have passed away (sad or not). This man has lied, cheated and manipulated for years. Was his death sad, very much so for those that were close to him. Does that mean he deserves respect? No.

We have long memories and we won't forget when you tried to drive us out of town. Unluckily for you lot, it didn't happen and we have had the wood over you for the last 8 years once the karma factor kicked in. You can only lie and cheat for so long before you get caught. Bet SOS enjoyed that win last night. Your club turned your back on him and we were more than happy to welcome him into the fold, just like Harvey will be when he is ready to return. We know how to treat our club champions.

In regards to being happy with the win. Figures. Breeding a culture of mediocrity down there. If the roles were reversed and that had been our team, I would be furious. Oops, I forgot, it wasn't the Carlton players fault, it was the umpires. Sorry, I will get this right eventually. It was Saint Nicks fault for playing for free kicks and the umpires for being sucked in by him (I gleaned this insight after having the misfortune of being curious and reading the dribble on their forum).

Give you a news flash Carlton supporters, that was YOUR ABSOLUTE BEST (and a good game from you, I will give you that). However, when you can play at the intensity and hardness that we have played CONSISTENTLY for the last 12 games we have played, come back and have a chat with us. We are (and have been) down in intensity for the past 4-5 weeks by at leat 10-15% yet have still managed to beat every team we have come up against. Had you met us in round 1-7, I don't think you would have been as happy with your loss...... :twisted:

Forgot to add that I am looking forward to the release of the DVD at the end of the year. It won't be for a 12 game winning streak though... :twisted:

Breva Sidan

Mr Magic wrote:
Breva Sidan wrote: I'm not cut about the loss at all, St Kilda are one of the 2 form teams in the comp and we pushed you all the way. You deserved your win, but I'm happy with our performance.

If nothing else, that fact on its own entitles us to treat your CLub with utter contempt forever.

And BTW, is that you over on TalkingCarlton telling others to log on over here and laugh at us?
I'm not asking you to forgive and forget anything or show any sympathy to our club, wouldn't want that.

And I certainly wouldn't be telling others to log on here. The only reason I did was when someone mentioned this thread and the comments on Pratt.

You guys clearly can't see past club loyalties though so I'm wasting my time.

158 - 48
Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Milton66 wrote:

No I don't. A crim is a crim is a crim. Not to mention cheating on his wife.

And for what it's worth, I held this opinion when he was alive. Had he lived longer ASIC would have put him away.

The only reason your filthy criminal Presidents are not in jail is because they had big pockets and could afford good lawyers.

Until you can understand the huniliation of heving your club trying to wind us up, and that other d'head calling us a rabble, you'll never truly understand the argument.

Here's Elliot complaining how the Bummers robbed you of a flag coz they cheated, and you guys were doing the same.

Talk about frickin hypocrisy.

Aprt from 95 when you still had a team full of paper bag receivers, how many flags have you won in the AFL when the rules came in to stop cheating??

This is our forum, dude. If you want to troll on here and expect to be welcomed with open arms, then guess again.

Now F*** off back to yer cheating mates and ponder the if only's that cost you the game.

Beautifully said.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Breva Sidan wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:

I'm not asking you to forgive and forget anything or show any sympathy to our club, wouldn't want that.

And I certainly wouldn't be telling others to log on here. The only reason I did was when someone mentioned this thread and the comments on Pratt.

You guys clearly can't see past club loyalties though so I'm wasting my time.
You are amazing - your 'defense' for coming on here is that 'someone mentioned comments on Pratt'.

Well why not enlighten us all about the comments you genii have made about Saints players and other CLubs. This is a Saints footy forum - there are supposed to be comments about Saints and all things footbal.
That includes your lying, cheating, rorting arrogant shyte of a Club.

You're very quick to try and forget your sins of the past (and probably the present) when it suits you to and then have the cheek to castigate others for the sin of 'clearly can't see past club loyalties'.

Maybe we should all turn up at 'Prostitute Park' with brown paper bags - now that you are apparently not requiring them anymore to pay the players under the table, maybe you can use them for alll that ejaculation you've got from your premature coming?

Nothing's changed - no lessons have been learned.
Carlton supporters are still the same arrogant, know nothing nuffies they've been since the days of the original archetypical Carlton President - the late George Harris. Somewhere along the way Carlton fans started believeing the crap that they were being fed and still feel they are 'the born to rule Club'.

Here's an idea for you - now that you have a vacancy for President why don't you go and get back Ian Collins - he's a perfect fit for your Club - an upstanding and forthright citizen. A perfect Carlton man.

And besides, you'd be doing the rest of the competition a favour by removing that virus your Club created and foistered on the rest of us.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

George Harris, John Elliott, Ian Collins, Dick Pratt........All "great" Carlton men". I rest my case. The tradition continues.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!