Bruce McAvaney

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

GSG
Club Player

Bruce McAvaney

Bruce McAvaney proclaimed on Friday night that both teams had three No. 1 draft picks. For the life of me I can only count 2 for St. Kilda - Riewoldt and Goddard. Am I wrong??

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Bruce McAvaney

GSG wrote:Bruce McAvaney proclaimed on Friday night that both teams had three No. 1 draft picks. For the life of me I can only count 2 for St. Kilda - Riewoldt and Goddard. Am I wrong??
Yes. MG.

GSG
Club Player

Michael Gardiner - technically yes, but we didn't pick him, got him as a recycled player. This hardly counts as a No. 1 draft pick for St. Kilda.

I think Bruce just needed to justify the three recent ones for Carlton, two they got legitimately and one they tanked for in 2007.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

I think he said it more to build up the game/excitement factor. Sort of like - 'what a blockbuster, both teams brimming with superstars' type thing. Not too dissimilar to the wanky pre-game build up's prior to the telecast where the bloke with the deep voice talks in overdramatic tone and language to make you feel that you are about to watch the game of the century.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Bruce almost never gets statistics wrong, he has the best statsman in the business as his right-hand man, Josh Kay.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
ttufc7
Club Player

ahh yes and lets not forget one of our no. 1's was supposed to be carlton's!

How sweet it is!

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Made me laugh during the game - BJ got the ball and my mate yells out, 'Every time he touches the ball it reminds you Carlton of how you're all a big bunch of cheats - he could have been yours, but you cheated!'