GF Tickets - "if" we get there

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

I haven't heard anything to the contrary, however if they have capped SC membership so all members will get tickets that's good.
Just might mean now that Foundation members get first choice of seats, followed by General SC members.
Actually looking at my Membership ticket, I think they've changed Foundation Member to Diamond Member, which probably means same thing.
I have always been very proud of this arrangement because it rewards loyalty, not like other clubs where whoever can afford the most expensive package is rewarded.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

This thread looks awefully like one in 2005 before we played the swans

We got ahead of ourselves then and i dont have to tell you what happened

Lets just make it first, if you havent made plans as to the big "IF" before the season started good luck to ya!

Before Im 85
sensaint
Club Player

I am a country/interstate member, do i have to puchase an 11 game membership to join as a full socail club member to be able to purchase gf tickets?

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

sensaint wrote:I am a country/interstate member, do i have to puchase an 11 game membership to join as a full socail club member to be able to purchase gf tickets?
Yes

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

saintsrus wrote:This thread looks awefully like one in 2005 before we played the swans

Lets just make it first, if you havent made plans as to the big "IF" before the season started good luck to ya!
The only problem is waiting is that would cut out the SC option because if you are nota SC Member in 10 days time you will not then be later eligible for GF tickets if applicable.

So this is one case where you have to get ahead o f"ourselves".

(though in my case I have been SC for decades).

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saint3d
Club Player

3rd generation saint wrote:I haven't heard anything to the contrary, however if they have capped SC membership so all members will get tickets that's good.
Just might mean now that Foundation members get first choice of seats, followed by General SC members.
Actually looking at my Membership ticket, I think they've changed Foundation Member to Diamond Member, which probably means same thing.
I have always been very proud of this arrangement because it rewards loyalty, not like other clubs where whoever can afford the most expensive package is rewarded.
As an added benefit to all Social Club members, numbers for 2009 will be capped at 11,500 members. This will guarantee only Full 11/16 game Members ( Adult, Concession, Student Concession and Junior) an AFL Grand Final ticket, should the Saints be part of the action in September 2009 (Prices and seating dependant on AFL rules and regulations).
It's all at http://www.saints.com.au/social%20club/ ... fault.aspx. I'm pretty sure the Diamond Member is to do with how long you've been a member. My dad is a Platinum member since he's had a membership since 1962. I have a Gold membership since I've been consecutive since 1996, and that didn't change when I upgraded to the social club (although the new card has a picture of Lenny on it :)).

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Several posts containing silly and uncessesary barbs and responses deleted

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Zed
SS Hall of Fame

I live in Adelaide .. I have football club membership + social club membership. I see about 3 home and away games a year in the flesh, I always go see the Saints play in the finals.

If we make the GF, my $295 is money well spent.

I was a football club member (but not social club) in 97 and the ticket window for Gf tickets closed with only 4 more people in front of me in the queue. I was devastated.

If you dont want that feeling - find $295.

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Zed wrote:I live in Adelaide .. I have football club membership + social club membership. I see about 3 home and away games a year in the flesh, I always go see the Saints play in the finals.

I was a football club member (but not social club) in 97 and the ticket window for Gf tickets closed with only 4 more people in front of me in the queue. I was devastated.

my thought exactly....and wot i said before.....but not as eloquently as you.... :lol:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
benengel14
Club Player

kosifantutti23 wrote:
Legendary wrote:$275 is the cheapest Grand Final ticket money can buy.
You still have to add the price of the ticket.
3 Melbourne Finals last year for a family of 4, price quickly adds up to equal to the membership. Someone is making a $ along the line.

Do clubs get any income from gate receipts in finals matches or is it all AFL?

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

benengel14 wrote:
kosifantutti23 wrote:
Legendary wrote:$275 is the cheapest Grand Final ticket money can buy.
You still have to add the price of the ticket.
3 Melbourne Finals last year for a family of 4, price quickly adds up to equal to the membership. Someone is making a $ along the line.

Do clubs get any income from gate receipts in finals matches or is it all AFL?
It goes into general revenue.

golden hawk
Club Player

Re: GF Tickets - "if" we get there

janator wrote:without getting too ahead of ourselves

what is the best way of getting grand final tickets if you're not a member

i'm from perth and booked cheap flights in march to melb thinking we might only be sitting around 6th or 7th this year

now with this start to the season i can't help getting somewhat excited

i wouldn;t want to come all the way to melb for that weekend then miss out on tickets if we make it. well even if we don't make it i'd still like to go to the game

can you get them if you're not a member? we don't particularly want to get one of those $1500 packages
as i went through cs process last year and know friends who are members that went through the normal process [lucky them were gold and got tickets] i am gold cs so i got my tickets no probs .

all tickets went to members and corporates , if not a member there are some options that cost $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

i rather see all MEMBERS OF BOTH CLUBS get tickets the players get some for family of course before any ticket went anywhere else and mmc tickets i reckon priority should go to the supporters of the teams playing first before any others are let in same goes for AFL members .

i think it stinks that quite a few members miss out ! there of course may be a problem if 2 40-50,000 plus teams get the gig work that one out when it happens .

and i don't like scalpers ! would not trust tickets on ebay as you may get to the ground and they have been cancelled due to afl finding them there and seeing the ticket number which has happened

your friendly neighbourhood hawk
kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

saintsrus wrote:This thread looks awefully like one in 2005 before we played the swans

I take full responsibility for the Preliminary Final losses in 2004 and 2005.

Sorry everyone.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
matrix
Saintsational Legend

janator wrote:I understand that, but living in perth i don't really get to go to 11 games

in fact its 1 .
neither do i mate (south oz).
although i was lucky enough to have two games over here this year.
if anything u could donate the tickets for the regular season to someone here that IS a member so they could maybe take an extra family member along??
and then come finals time...u use the membership.
i decided: no h&a games in melbs for me this year
a game early in the year plus rd 22 and all finals killed me in the pocket last year.
amazing how flights double in price come finals time :evil:
seriously do what gazat said.....if u can afford it and love the saints then theres no excuse.

come on all non members......dont see it as jumping on, see it as becoming part of a club that u love and support them.
if all u can afford is a Pet Patron membership then so be it
every bit helps.

go u saintz!!

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Saint Bev wrote:
janator wrote:I understand that, but living in perth i don't really get to go to 11 games

in fact its 1 .
Hell of alot of fans live interstate and are full paid up members who don't get to go to games. Thats not the reason I become a member. I do it to support the club. Sorry to be harsh, but if you are only prepared to support the club on the last day in September do you deserve to be there!
Well said Bev, agree entirely, all these bandwagon jumpers really piss me off, we're 12-0 and suddenly these so called supporters start thinking about joining up and acquiring a Grand Final ticket,

FAIR DINKUM

I'll buy two memberships, two reserved seats and two social club memberships every year regardless of where we are and how we are travelling,

to all those coming on board in the last shower, get FAIR DINKUM and if you're only going to sign up when we are on top of the ladder, you're a FAIR DINKUM imposter,

St kilda Football Club is my religion, I have no time for fair weather infidels,

You're a champ Bev, a TRUE SAINTER and you have my upmost respect!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
matrix
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
Saint Bev wrote:

in fact its 1 .
Hell of alot of fans live interstate and are full paid up members who don't get to go to games. Thats not the reason I become a member. I do it to support the club. Sorry to be harsh, but if you are only prepared to support the club on the last day in September do you deserve to be there!
Well said Bev, agree entirely, all these bandwagon jumpers really piss me off, we're 12-0 and suddenly these so called supporters start thinking about joining up and acquiring a Grand Final ticket,

FAIR DINKUM

I'll buy two memberships, two reserved seats and two social club memberships every year regardless of where we are and how we are travelling,

to all those coming on board in the last shower, get FAIR DINKUM and if you're only going to sign up when we are on top of the ladder, you're a FAIR DINKUM imposter,

St kilda Football Club is my religion, I have no time for fair weather infidels,

so u would rather that all those that have joined in the last month or two return all their memberships????.....
or
actually not joined at all??

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Zed wrote:I live in Adelaide .. I have football club membership + social club membership. I see about 3 home and away games a year in the flesh, I always go see the Saints play in the finals.

I witnessed similar instances in 97, I really felt for those that just missed out with queue jumpers and the like,

At the time I contacted the club and told them of some of the disgraceful things that happened which I won't elaborate on in detail,

Anyway, I suggested that this club should reward loyalty and that Social club members who have been on board for longer should be rewarded for this loyalty afterall the club's motto is Strength through Loyalty!

I was thanked for my email and was told that the club would take some of my suggestions on board,

now I'm not saying I was responsible for the Foundation status thingy even though I did suggest it :D as I'm sure the club would have eventually got around to this practical and obvious solution to the rather shambolic way things were handled in 97,

oh ok, I am saying that it was my idea, but I am a visionary so that is to be expected,

if only they'd listen to me about Belvedere Park

:?

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

matrixcutter wrote:
so u would rather that all those that have joined in the last month or two return all their memberships????.....
or
No I'm not saying that!

I'm saying that fair weather bandwagon jumpers piss me off, thought I'd made that crystal,

happy fpr the club to milk whatever they can out of the Johnny come latelies, but they won't be around helping the club when the cycle turns,

and that's what annoys me about these charlatans!

matrix
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
matrixcutter wrote:
or
No I'm not saying that!

I'm saying that fair weather bandwagon jumpers piss me off, thought I'd made that crystal,

happy fpr the club to milk whatever they can out of the Johnny come latelies, but they won't be around helping the club when the cycle turns,

ok then so everyone thats joined in the last few months, we all expect u to jump off ok.
in fact its encouraged seeing as we know that all of u will.
glad u dont work for the membership dept barks.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

matrixcutter wrote:
barks4eva wrote:
matrixcutter wrote:
or
No I'm not saying that!

ok then so everyone thats joined in the last few months, we all expect u to jump off ok.
in fact its encouraged seeing as we know that all of u will.
glad u dont work for the membership dept barks.
If people finally get it, join up with the intention to stay LOYAL through thick and thin, show STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY and actually sign up even if we're 18th on the ladder, then I don't have an issue with these new members,

but if all they are doing is signing up because we might make a Grand Final and then be the first ones missing when things are not so hunky dory, then as far as I'm concerned they are nothing but fickle, fair weather, bandwagon jumpers, about as deep as a piddling puddle of penguin piss on a puny pint sized pebble!

matrix
Saintsational Legend

agreed.
but its extra money for the club.

SaintDebi
Club Player

I agree that we need LOYAL members, and I just hope all the newcomers stay on board regardless of where we end up on the ladder.

On the other side of the coin, we have been members for years, but unless we win tattslotto or something, there is no way we will be going to the Grand Final even if we do get there. Much as I'd love to there is just no way we would find the money.

I buy my membership to support the club and enjoy watching the boys play: win, lose or draw.

I want us to be in the Grand Final, but getting there has nothing to do with why we pay for our memberships.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

barks4eva wrote: I'll buy two memberships, two reserved seats and two social club memberships every year regardless of where we are and how we are travelling,
Same here. Plus other family members also do the same whether we are winning or losing. I think the point that is trying to be made is that we hope this influx of new members continue to keep renewing these memberships in the next 5 years regardless of what position we are on the ladder. Lets not become like members of some of the other AFL clubs who are already threatening to cut up their memberships after a heavy loss. They have every right to be disappointed and have a whinge, but to threaten to rip up your membership is just pathetic. The majority of Saints supporters are loyal regardless of what our position is on the ladder. We can be disappointed about our position, how we have played etc, but we DON'T threaten to tear up our memberships in a temper tantrum over one pathetic performance. This is one of the things I love about our club and it's supporters!

Fortius Quo Fidelius
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

I'm only a social club member because it was a condition of my reserved level 2 seat....I now expect a Grand Final ticket as justification for the club's money grabbing methods...

I don't give a F*** how long i've been a social club member...there is a price to be paid for blackmail.....

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
Moods
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
Saint Bev wrote:

in fact its 1 .

FAIR DINKUM

Barks you might have a point. But it's the johnny come latelys who actually increase the clubs bottom line. There will always be a group of 'core' supporters at every club who sign up every year regardless of the position the club was in the previous year. There are also others, for various reasons who don't. Some ppl, quite simply, aren't as passionate and footy isn't a religion to them. However they enjoy the game and their club and get excited when all of a sudden 'their' club finally is up and about. Apparently the club has over 200,00 barrackers nationwide, but only 30,000 supporters.

I agree it can be frustrating, however it's the johnny come lately's that increase the atmosphere at games and increase the clubs profile. I reckon all you can do is worry about your own situation re tickets and hope as many ppl as possible jump on for the ride. The more the merrier I reckon. Deep down each individual knows how much they have 'supported' the club, and chest beating by supporters about their contribution and historical support serves no benefit to anyone.

IF we win the flag and get 37000 supporters next year - fantastic. I won't be asking 10000 ppl - 'Where were you in 2002?'