Dempster

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

battye
Saintsational Legend

Dempster

Interesting to play him up forward, could have easily kicked 3 goals.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
stinger
Saintsational Legend

no...should have kicked three goals.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
maverick
Saintsational Legend

At least 2.1, the first one was a fair way out....
He led very well though, almost a natural....

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Interesting that RL said during one of his post game interviews on the radio that Dempster was capable of some pretty special things that we haven't seen yet. I've got half a chubby just thinking about that. :lol:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:Interesting that RL said during one of his post game interviews on the radio that Dempster was capable of some pretty special things that we haven't seen yet. I've got half a chubby just thinking about that. :lol:

none of us saw that coming.....we mentioned half a dozen other players to replace kossi......but not the 192cm dempster........luckily we have ross coaching the saints...not us..... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
d roit
Club Player

Big fan of his.

Before the game a mate and i were discussing our bottom 6 and he listed dempster comfortably within. i quickly corrected him saying that guy is going to become an important cog in our team at the very least by seasons end and going into the future.

So far he's progressing well i'd say for a guy who's played 3 afl level games since a knee reco. Has maintained his fantastic athleticism and endeavour to get the ball, but has now bulked up a fair bit.

Just needs to work on his disposal and reading of the play, however that may/hopefully come with more games

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Dempster has now played HFF two games running as the "medium" forward.

IMO Lyon is now trying him in the role after Gwilt this year only proving to be ok-ish.

Dempster has still only played relatively few games after coming back and so should get beeter.

His leading and marking were good. Only his accuracy agaisnt the Dogs let him down.

RL also loves players that are versatlile. Dempster as a marking HFF can also be swith back or into an on-ball tagging role (handy if CJ goes down or hasa bad day).

So IMO Dempster will be given more games there to see if he can develop into that role.

We have ample backline options and so while he can play HBF or BP..he is not needed to.

Baker Zac Max
BJ Sam BJ Raph Blake

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

d roit wrote: discussing our bottom 6
wondering if we even have an identifiable bottom 6 any more - more like a top 26!

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Saint_Bronx
Club Player

Cairnsman wrote:Interesting that RL said during one of his post game interviews on the radio that Dempster was capable of some pretty special things that we haven't seen yet. I've got half a chubby just thinking about that. :lol:

only half :twisted: :twisted:

roxanne
Club Player

I am on record as a major Sean Dempster fan. He's only two games back from a knee reco... normally he'd dob all those shots for goal. And I agree...do we have a bottom six anymore?

"He spoke of his stride, his power and his willingness to push himself to exhaustion. All of the things that are on display each weekend in the No 12 jumper" Garry Lyon
hotdish
Club Player

Where does he sit heading into the finals.

We know that RL loves him, but is he in our best 22 players?

We already have CJ shutting the best mid opponent down, do and have Bakes if needed in a shutdown role.

He did well against Hodge a few weeks ago - what was his role today?

His kicking skills don't stand out, so what else does he bring to the team, say in contrast to L Ball or Armitage?

From today's game I have the following changes:

IN Hayes, Hudghton and Ball
OUT Dempster, Dawson and Gwilt

I really think come finals time we need hard, contested ball winners (Ball and Armitage) in the team.

Thoughts?

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Agree with Dempster being out. He's bringing nothing to the side,but clogging space.

In- Ball,Geary,Hayes

Out-Dempster,Armo (unlucky),Gwilt

Bring back the Lockett era
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

i'd certainly like to see him get more of the ball and create a bit more.

that said, he might have had a negating tagging role today and it is hard to be critical if you don't know what his instructions were.

Cro
Club Player

roxanne wrote:I am on record as a major Sean Dempster fan. He's only two games back from a knee reco...
Hasn't he been playing since round 15? :?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

check the date of the post 8-)

Cro
Club Player

matrixcutter wrote:check the date of the post 8-)
s*** man.. I never do that any more.. Owned! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Been a bad day.. :(

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Cro wrote:
Been a bad day.. :(
sure has

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

I am a long way from being a Dempster fan. He's the essence of a GOP IMO.

But he was a long way from our worst against NM. Can't be dropped on that effort. Fair's fair.

If we are dropping guys, it's clearly gotta be Zac, Armo and Gwilt for Max, Lenny and one of Ball or Geary

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:Agree with Dempster being out. He's bringing nothing to the side,but clogging space.

In- Ball,Geary,Hayes

Out-Dempster,Armo (unlucky),Gwilt
Agree with this with Gwilt and perhaps Geary interchangeable depending on opposition - Geary for Pies, Dogs, Blues...Gwilt for Crows, Lions, Cats.

Dempster's presentation forward has been admirable enough but his conversion has been woeful.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Country Kid
Club Player

meher baba wrote:I am a long way from being a Dempster fan. He's the essence of a GOP IMO.

But he was a long way from our worst against NM. Can't be dropped on that effort. Fair's fair.

If we are dropping guys, it's clearly gotta be Zac, Armo and Gwilt for Max, Lenny and one of Ball or Geary
Yes there were a few players that contributed a lot less yesterday.... NDS, Dawson, Milne, Baker, Gwilt? & the midfield again. The last few weeks has seen a drop off in pressure by our F50 & midfield which has resulted in our backline being under more pressure.
It is a cliche but we need to gain control of centre clearances and stoppages. If we don't our future in the finals looks bleak.

milney044
Club Player

I don't think we'll drop Dempster. Ross seems to have him in the team for a specific role.. i am thinking of his shut down of Dal in the prelim and a job he did on either Judd or Cousins in one of the GFs. Mind you it doesn't seem to be too hard to shut down Dal, although he wasn't helped with the absence of Hayes.
I could be wrong but i think Dempster will be a part of the 22 in the finals.

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.