Frankston Images

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

casey scorp
Club Player

St Fidelius wrote:It's going to be great and the Club will have a 50 year lease @ $1 per year.

A GREAT DEAL!
A lease of the building footprint, but not the oval. The oval is covered by a licence, which is a non-exclusive occupancy.

At Moorabbin we had a lease over the entire reserve including the oval, building area and surrounding parkland - it was easy to have a closed session there. There's public access at Belvedere Park, so Sainters won't be able to complain in the future about turning up to training and not being able to get in.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

I hate the idea of leaving Moorabbin,however one positive is I'm getting a place built 2 mins from there next year,so will be able to sneak to a few sessions close and handy.

Bring back the Lockett era
aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Mon 05 Apr 2010 1:22pm, edited 1 time in total.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:It's going to be great and the Club will have a 50 year lease @ $1 per year.

A GREAT DEAL!
Amazing, I'll be 110 when the lease expires.

Considering we only got 45 years out of Moorabbin (35 years to go on the current lease), what are the odds we'll see this new lease out?
and don't we still have the lease at Moorabbin re pockies ???

was our lease at Moorabbin @ $1 a year?
I'm so pleased we can keep fleecing pensioners with our "pockies" for another 35 years.
Oh FFS, what is your flowering GRIPE!

EVERY Club has a pokie licence...

So again what is your issue???

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Mon 05 Apr 2010 1:21pm, edited 1 time in total.

ace
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:

A GREAT DEAL!
Amazing, I'll be 110 when the lease expires.

Considering we only got 45 years out of Moorabbin (35 years to go on the current lease), what are the odds we'll see this new lease out?
Exactly

When the Moorabbin lease was signed with St Kilda FC, the Moorabbin council had already unsuccessfully tried to lure other clubs.

Just look at Casey they were unsuccessful in getting St Kilda so they got Melbourne.
Having the football club helps develop the suburb and put it on the map.

Years later the local residents look at the land occupied by the clubs and think why can't we the residents have full use of our land.
The councils listen and as happened at Moorabbin the council becomes uncooperative and obstructionist all the time spinning the lie of how welcome the club is.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
ace
Saintsational Legend

The lease does not include a social club and definitely does not include pokies.

The existing social club will remain at Moorabbin with its pokies.

This isn't so bad because footy clubs should be thinking in terms of multiple social club venues in convemient locations scattered throughout their supporter areas.

Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

i hate pokies too
if the gov didnt take so much of a f****** cut then they would really be kinda like playing Lotto....but they arent.

i can see why clubs have them but i spose they are like grog or other drugs in a way (sorta)
my nan plays em once in a while and loves em, she might go down once a month (if that even) she takes her $$ (i dont even know what she spends...wouldnt even be in the 40 dollar range) and when its gone she says
"oh well"
she knows when to stop...so they are only as bad as people let them be maybe??
if pokies are staying at M tho, i see no reason why the have to put em in at F as well.
there seems to be a few musos floating about here..maybe they could have some band type stuff
cover acts
original stuff
blues nites

dunno... is frankston like the SA version of the old Elizabeth North??
coz if it is...the crowd might be a bit nuffie :?

Sunday Red
Club Player

aussierules0k wrote:St Fid, who cares if other clubs live and breath on others gambling woes. Our club should be above it... I totally agree with Bernard Shakey. Pokies are a blight on society and our club.
Ok. Would you be in favour of the club raising membership fees by 20% next year to cover the shortfall?

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Mon 05 Apr 2010 1:20pm, edited 1 time in total.

starsign
Club Player

OK I'm tossed !

What's a "breakout area" ??

something to do with a gaol?

an evacuation point??

where we breakout the booze in celebration, or break out in boils if we get done?

saintlee
Club Player

starsign wrote:OK I'm tossed !

What's a "breakout area" ??

something to do with a gaol?

an evacuation point??

where we breakout the booze in celebration, or break out in boils if we get done?
A common space, for people to a chat, eat lunch etc....we have a number of them where I work.

Sunday Red
Club Player

aussierules0k wrote:
Sunday Red wrote:
aussierules0k wrote:St Fid, who cares if other clubs live and breath on others gambling woes. Our club should be above it... I totally agree with Bernard Shakey. Pokies are a blight on society and our club.
Ok. Would you be in favour of the club raising membership fees by 20% next year to cover the shortfall?
Yes, very, very, very happy.
Yeah, but the vast majority wouldn't and that's the problem the club would face if they axed pokies.

Don't get me wrong. I hate the machines with a passion too, but it's keeping the club ticking over. If we shut up shop, the old birds will just take their pension down the road to another venue.

Removing the pokies doesn't solve the problem. It just denies us millions of dollars in revenue.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Sunday Red wrote:
aussierules0k wrote:
Sunday Red wrote:
Yeah, but the vast majority wouldn't and that's the problem the club would face if they axed pokies.

Don't get me wrong. I hate the machines with a passion too, but it's keeping the club ticking over. If we shut up shop, the old birds will just take their pension down the road to another venue.

Removing the pokies doesn't solve the problem. It just denies us millions of dollars in revenue.
that is exactly right. They will just go to a pub and guess what, they are owed by just a few people making millions. At least the money we make is put back into the club.

I also hate pokies with a passion but I still dont get how come they should be banned but we are happy to have a social club serving drinks so some get pissed. Pokies may ruin a few lives but grog ruins a lot more but no one wants drinking banned at our club. I wouldnt get rid of either. Why stuff up our club and 97% of people who gamble and drink responsibly for 3% who dont. Dont you just love the do gooders.

nads

casey scorp wrote:

A GREAT DEAL!
A lease of the building footprint, but not the oval. The oval is covered by a licence, which is a non-exclusive occupancy.

At Moorabbin we had a lease over the entire reserve including the oval, building area and surrounding parkland - it was easy to have a closed session there. There's public access at Belvedere Park, so Sainters won't be able to complain in the future about turning up to training and not being able to get in.
Will you ever get over the fact that the saints did not want to come to Casey. The deal is far better than the one offered by your Council and despite you constantly saying Frankston will fall over, never happen, be over budget, cost us more to maintain, etc, none of this bulls*** has come true.

Your only piece of near true information is that it is 4 weeks behind time. BUT we get a bigger and better facility as a result of the extra 4 weeks of design negotiations and all you can crap on about now is the licence over the ground.

Ever thought that the ground licence might provide the club with very tight first usage rights and management control of the oval. Or maybe by admitting this it would ruin your bulls*** argument.

Get over it, admit you got it very wrong and give credit where credit is due.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Sunday Red wrote:
aussierules0k wrote:
Sunday Red wrote:

that is exactly right. They will just go to a pub and guess what, they are owed by just a few people making millions. At least the money we make is put back into the club.

I also hate pokies with a passion but I still dont get how come they should be banned but we are happy to have a social club serving drinks so some get pissed. Pokies may ruin a few lives but grog ruins a lot more but no one wants drinking banned at our club. I wouldnt get rid of either. Why stuff up our club and 97% of people who gamble and drink responsibly for 3% who dont. Dont you just love the do gooders.
Where is this Social Club where we can drink and get pissed?
Surely you're not saying it's at Linton Street.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
ace
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:Where is this Social Club where we can drink and get pissed?
Surely you're not saying it's at Linton Street.
I don't care where the social club is.

I want to know where are the flag poles for our back to back to back to back premiership flags.