Grand Final Tickets

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

clarkie54
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
sarah 2 wrote:going back to my standing room ticket i am a foundationa social club member as well oh well at least im going :lol:
Better than restricted view.

For people with standing room..

1) It will be all St.Kilda SC members (I think)
2) The view is much better standing at the MCG than Docklands (the stands at Docklands are much lower
3) The ticket is $100 less.

And the big one. There are 21k other members who cant get a ticket at all.
I beg to differ. Of course your better off getting a restricted view seat. Because if you don't like it you can just choose to stand anyway. And if that's the case and there is an elderly saints supporter near where I want to stand I'll offer up my restricted viewing seat.

Spelly
Club Player

I can blame the Club! When they introduced the Foundation Social Club Member thingy, we were told that it would guarantee us a seat at the Grand Final. The number was originally capped ... this year they decided to make more money and extend the offer to 'September Saints'.
The original number of Foundation Social Club Members was, I believe, 8,500 ... therefore if that system had been kept for this year, they would be there at the Grand Final next Saturday.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Spelly wrote:Also ... whilst standing in line to book in to my accommodation at a well known hotel on Friday afternoon, the guy behind me said "Go Sainters" as he noticed the scarf around my neck. To cut a long story short, this guy had already secured premium seats in a corporate box for the Grand Final. I asked him how he did that ... to which he replied "it's who you know and it doesn't cost a cent!" He wasn't a member, never has been ... it stinks!!!!
Does it?

Why?

The choice is to go or not. I could refuse to go because i have standing room - I could decide to spend $1300 on a ticket.

it is a choice for the GF. The AFl does not have a choice because it needs corporate funding.
CLubs exist because the AFl has kept them afloat.
Ticket prices are kept low to H&A games because the AFL secures corporates and TV rights that funds the clubs.

Without funding our little provincial game would die.

As i said life is not fair.

It is FTA on TV BTW :wink:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

cowboy18 wrote:Nevertheless, the contempt the club has shown , whether by incompetence or design, is disgraceful. Our older members deserved better.
BS you got a ticket be gratefull. I for one would be more than willing to swap my lounge room seat for your standing room anyday.

My family has been members for 60 years, I myself was SC member for 10 years and due to relocation and finance problems had to drop down to a normal membership 3 years ago.

I DIDN'T GET A TICKET, and you are winging about having to stand, give me a break if I don't have any sympathey for you right now.

In a ideal world the stories and hardcases and years membership, and how hard you barrack for the saints, and how much merchandise you buy a year and how sick you are should be considered, but it's not and who becomes the judge a jury of it anyway if it was.

JUST BE GRATEFULL RIGHT NOW BECAUSE THERE ARE A LOT OF PEOPLE WHO HAVE THE SAME STORIES AS YOU NOT GETTING TICKETS AT ALL.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

clarkie54 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
sarah 2 wrote:going back to my standing room ticket i am a foundationa social club member as well oh well at least im going :lol:

2) The view is much better standing at the MCG than Docklands (the stands at Docklands are much lower

I beg to differ. Of course your better off getting a restricted view seat. Because if you don't like it you can just choose to stand anyway. And if that's the case and there is an elderly saints supporter near where I want to stand I'll offer up my restricted viewing seat.
Wrong.

You are allocated standing rooms in sprcific areas - you cant just stand up. You cant stand in the aisle.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Being a Foundation Member and even though I have been fortunate too score a premium seat, I do agree that the club could have kept the Foundation Member Priority for GF tickets.
In today's computer age it would have been easy.
They still could have kept the 11,500 cap on SC membership with a guarantee of a ticket.
They could advise those members that Foundation club members we're allocated tickets first, normal SC members next, followed by Sept saints for whatever was left over.
All Membership tickets have a barcode, and these codes would immediately identify what level of membership someone had.
I liked the Foundation member because it rewarded loyalty, you know from "Strength through Loyalty" and it made me very proud of the club that this was how you get priority tickets, not on how expensive your membership package was as is the case with most other clubs.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

If I didn't have my young son with me I would happily have given someone my ticket as I think it is going to be a nail biter and i would prefer to be pacing around somewhere anyway. Perhaps we could start a thread to see if there was anyone who would be happy to swap their tickets to allow the older folk and those that are less mobile to have a seat..??

Fortius Quo Fidelius
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

saint75 wrote:If I didn't have my young son with me I would happily have given someone my ticket as I think it is going to be a nail biter and i would prefer to be pacing around somewhere anyway. Perhaps we could start a thread to see if there was anyone who would be happy to swap their tickets to allow the older folk and those that are less mobile to have a seat..??
good idea

Lance or James??

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
saint75 wrote:If I didn't have my young son with me I would happily have given someone my ticket as I think it is going to be a nail biter and i would prefer to be pacing around somewhere anyway. Perhaps we could start a thread to see if there was anyone who would be happy to swap their tickets to allow the older folk and those that are less mobile to have a seat..??
good idea
+1 !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

i just called tickettek and the fuckers said they just got an email saying that they are to advise callers that no seats have been allocated and confirmed as yet.

i asked her if she was sure because people have been saying what seats they have and she said well they are wrong.

my mum has been in ballarat since the prelim and i have no access to her internet banking so i am completely in the dark about where i wil be sitting, standing or whatever.

so nervous

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
clarkie54
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
clarkie54 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

Wrong.

You are allocated standing rooms in sprcific areas - you cant just stand up. You cant stand in the aisle.
So it's not like the dome where you can just stand at the back of bay? And where are these specific standing room areas?

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Fonz, she's probably advised to say that, if ticket's haven't been allocated, how do they know what to charge.
Wouldn't be surprised if ticket allocation was actually sorted out a week ago, then once the result was confirmed, they debited our cards yesterday.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

fonz_#15 wrote:i just called tickettek and the fuckers said they just got an email saying that they are to advise callers that no seats have been allocated and confirmed as yet.

i asked her if she was sure because people have been saying what seats they have and she said well they are wrong.

my mum has been in ballarat since the prelim and i have no access to her internet banking so i am completely in the dark about where i wil be sitting, standing or whatever.

so nervous
Probably to alleviate the problems they'll be encountering with the amount of calls they're receiving...

The lady I spoke to was great, very polite and detailed my seat numbers to me. So mine haven't been allocated yet...? Interesting.

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

3rd generation saint wrote:Fonz, she's probably advised to say that, if ticket's haven't been allocated, how do they know what to charge.
Wouldn't be surprised if ticket allocation was actually sorted out a week ago, then once the result was confirmed, they debited our cards yesterday.
oh i don't doubt that, it's just that people have posted exact seats and the like. would absolutely love to know

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Spelly wrote:8,500 ... therefore if that system had been kept for this year, they would be there at the Grand Final next Saturday.
Which is still the case

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Grand Final week is much more enjoyable when we aren't in it....

Bring back the Lockett era
megs4#31
Club Player

apparently we've been deducted premium tickets.....yeha!!!!! bring on saturday. the poor boyfriend (who goes for a non playing team) is trying to get a ticket, i think he gave up when he saw how much the packages were and couldn't justify 950 for one.

Go saints, 2009 is our year!
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:
fonz_#15 wrote:i just called tickettek and the fuckers said they just got an email saying that they are to advise callers that no seats have been allocated and confirmed as yet.

so nervous
Probably to alleviate the problems they'll be encountering with the amount of calls they're receiving...

The lady I spoke to was great, very polite and detailed my seat numbers to me. So mine haven't been allocated yet...? Interesting.
The lady I spoke to at Ticketek was very good, all she wanted to know was my credit card number and my address and she then told my how much was deducted from the card and the Bay, Row and seat numbers..

She also stated that the allocation was conducted last night, but maybe now they are just getting initiated with callers and want to keep the lines open for sales for other events

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Spelly wrote:I can blame the Club! When they introduced the Foundation Social Club Member thingy, we were told that it would guarantee us a seat at the Grand Final. The number was originally capped ... this year they decided to make more money and extend the offer to 'September Saints'.
The original number of Foundation Social Club Members was, I believe, 8,500 ... therefore if that system had been kept for this year, they would be there at the Grand Final next Saturday.
Yes, IIRC the original cap was 8,500 which should = priority one = best seat available,

then additional social club members after the foundation 8,500 = priority two = best seat available, standing room etc...

After witnessing the shambolic manner in which tickets were dealt out in 97 I contacted the club/ Butterss administration some years later and suggested a foundation membership criteria, was thanked for my email and promised that the club would try to introduce something along the lines of what I had suggested.

The Butterss administration introduced the foundation membership the very next year, around about 6 months after my email suggestions, but it would seem, the current board are not savvy with the whole "Strength Through Loyalty" thingy, given that they ditched this initiative without any apparent consideration!

Why bother having gold, silver or whatever memberships and foundation status if it NOW counts for nothing?

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
Sunday Red
Club Player

Spelly wrote:I can blame the Club! When they introduced the Foundation Social Club Member thingy, we were told that it would guarantee us a seat at the Grand Final. The number was originally capped ... this year they decided to make more money and extend the offer to 'September Saints'.
Are you an idiot?

Social Club members are given PRIORITY over September Saints. The latter was only introduced in the case that SC members did not take up their ticketing entitlements. As many people have said throughout the week, no SS will be given a seat ahead of SC!

Grimfang
Club Player

One thing I will say; it is incumbent on all of us attending to make as much noise as humanly possible in support of the team.

I couldn't care if you're the quietest little field mouse, come the Grand Final we all have to roar, cheer, chant, yell and scream our support from go to whoa (and, hopefully, during the celebrations after!)

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons; for you are a quick and tasty morsel.
fonz_#15
SS Life Member

well mine was a total bitch, i'm sure it wouldn't be hard for her to do, especially since a lot of you guys have said it was easy.

f*** it i don't care, im going to the grand final and that's all that matters to me

saintvic
Club Player

SC Member and still haven't had anything deducted. Am starting to panic, is there anyone we can call before tomorrow to find out whether we got tickets?

Grimfang
Club Player

Saintvic, try calling Ticketek anyway.

Someone earlier in the post said that they had been advised they had an allocation, even though they hadn't seen the deduction yet.

Hope it goes well.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons; for you are a quick and tasty morsel.
saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

barks4eva wrote: Why bother having gold, silver or whatever memberships and foundation status if it NOW counts for nothing?
Spot on bfe, may as well have save the extra 100 bucks or so per year and given it to a scalper, (two years saved sc membership would be enough) i dont know if we have standing room yet but id be pretty peeved if being a foundation member this was the case

Before Im 85